Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon Was Packed

AVALON WAS SO PACKED THEY STOPED LETTING PEOPLE IN AT 1:30 THE LINE WAS SO LONG I HAVE NOT SEEN A CLUB GET ALL HYPED UP LIKE THAT IN A LONG TIME IT FELT LIKE THE OLD SCHOOL DAYS WHEN PEOPLE USED TO STAND OUT SIDE THE PALLADIUM IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY BEING OUT SIDE THE LIMELITE WITH ALL THEM PEOPLE THERE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...meant to get there early because we knew it would be packed ...but had no idea there would be a mob outside like that! Got there about 1:15am and it was out of control...no parking to be found!

Good thing is that once inside it was packed but comfortable enough where you could dance if you want, walk around and best of all...no shirtless sweaty bodies rubbing on you everytime you walk somewhere. Only thing bad we could say was that they needed more AC (and my long island was the worst I ever tasted). :puke:

Other than that....phat sound system...nice setup with the different rooms and the music (tonight anyway)...was hot. We never thought we'd be dancing to "Dark Beat" again in our lives...but that was a crazy remix! Had a pretty good time...Saeed & Palash were definitely on point (even though we only saw one of them mixing most of the night). There's nothing like SF when's it's good, but since we don't go there anymore :( , looks like Avalon is our new Sat. hangout. Left about 4:30am and it was still packed with a line outside.

Curious to see what other people thought of the place...

HSP

hot clubber spots,pics,dancers,employment,male revues at... www.hotspotpromos.com

:cool:

just got home ....ehh..the ordeals..got pissed when they stopped lettin people in @ like 2am...bounced to Flow..closed that ish out..and came back to Limelight (avalon..whatever)..@ like 4:30-5am and closed that fucker out...not a bad night at all..

there was no reason NOT to be letting people in..there was more than enough room inside..

as for "AVALON"....all in all it aint bad..it isnt limelight but its a suitable replacement..i hope the party continues cause i dont want tonight just to be a fuckin cock tease....im lookin forward to 10/17..ONIONZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

as for "AVALON"....all in all it aint bad..it isnt limelight but its a suitable replacement..

granted its in limelights space, but IT IS NOT LIMELIGHT. people are all ready comparing it and its been open one night!

SPIRIT WILL NOT BE TWILO! AVALON WILL NOT BE LIMELIGHT!

peas.

just got home ....ehh..the ordeals..got pissed when they stopped lettin people in @ like 2am...bounced to Flow..closed that ish out..and came back to Limelight (avalon..whatever)..@ like 4:30-5am and closed that fucker out...not a bad night at all..

Did you have to do anything to get in?

I came back at around that time, and I just saw the bouncers not letting people in.

I was thinking about giving it a try, but then decided the amount of time I'd be there wouldn't be worth it, and that I should just wait til I can catch a full night.

What time did it close?

Originally posted by lalalandnyc13

AVALON WAS SO PACKED THEY STOPED LETTING PEOPLE IN AT 1:30 THE LINE WAS SO LONG I HAVE NOT SEEN A CLUB GET ALL HYPED UP LIKE THAT IN A LONG TIME IT FELT LIKE THE OLD SCHOOL DAYS WHEN PEOPLE USED TO STAND OUT SIDE THE PALLADIUM IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS BACK IN THE DAY BEING OUT SIDE THE LIMELITE WITH ALL THEM PEOPLE THERE

are you now gonna start sweating avalon and roxy or are ya gonna drop roxy until the next sexy party?

:rolleyes::laugh:

Got there at 1:30am...got kicked off the damn sidewalk not too long after. Can we say RIDICULOUS! Honestly wtf was that shit about. I havent seen a line like that in a long long time.

Bounced to DEEP around 2. Lemme just say...that place was fucking sick. Nice place, nice crowd, music was so-so, expensive (but DIESEL) drinks.

After what happend last night I doubt ill be going back to Avalon to try it out. The crowd that I was standing with outside was nothing more than Webster Halls Finest. Tried talking to 4 diff. people, looking for something else to do, and they didnt speak a damn word of english.

All in all a good night...just wish I coulda got in to see what they did to LL.

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

...The crowd that I was standing with outside was nothing more than Webster Halls Finest. ...Tek

i was all hyped about checkin this place out until u said that bro lol

after working sat nites at WH god knows how many times, i really dont need to put up with that

got there around 11:30 and the line was around the corner, at 12 they opend up another line for the people who were willing to pay the $25 to get in. Decided to do that than wait outside on the guestlist line. Turned out to be a good choice.

So a few minor celebrities, Steve Blake the Maryland point guard and the blonde girl from Real World Paris.

The music and the crowd were alright, yet it still doesn't compare to Space 34. Maybe in time it will get better, hopefully in time for Ferry.

there was no reason NOT to be letting people in..there was more than enough room inside..

as for "AVALON"....all in all it aint bad..it isnt limelight but its a suitable replacement..i hope the party continues cause i dont want tonight just to be a fuckin cock tease....im lookin forward to 10/17..ONIONZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!

Dude, Onionz is going to be there?

The dude we saw at PS1?? :eek:

Originally posted by Ronin

I love how ppl complain about the lines.... what did u really expect, it was opening night of a new club at a legendary spot. We all know nyc is struggling, so you should have expected everyone and their moms to show up, so get there early.

exactly..thats y i wasnt really even mad at first when they deaded the line. all u had to be was persistent...and just happen to be there with 3 girls who were not taking NO as an answer :D ..

as for the whole WEBSTER HALL crowd issue...its true..there were alot of rejects there in ball gowns and tuxedos...but that shit is gona filter out....with the type of dj's this place is bringing in they wont be there for long...the true NYC heads will take over this place.....i realllllllly dont know too many webster hall kids that wild out to anything except cheesy KTU crap...

i actually have faith in this place

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

After what happend last night I doubt ill be going back to Avalon to try it out. The crowd that I was standing with outside was nothing more than Webster Halls Finest. Tried talking to 4 diff. people, looking for something else to do, and they didnt speak a damn word of english.

Tek

honestly...for u to talk about the crowd is like the pot callin the kettle black..i could go on for hours about the factory crowd too..especially on a big night...

ive tried speaking to people in factory too..and they couldnt respond back..and its not because they were foreign..its cause they were g'd out their mind...it was an opening night..every toolbox is gona come out...

it was a lot easier after they cleared the line up...that seemed to be the time to go....

they were alot more lenient towards women

oh yeah i was bombed but i remember now, i was with my one girlfriend and 3 guys & they said only 2 of the guys could come in... but it worked out because we had been trying to ditch the 3rd guy for an hour so we were like :D

Got to LL at 1:10, found parking on 6th ave and 21st, waited on that "vip" line for 2 minutes till me and my 2 friends walked right in... the ticketcheck guy remembered me from god knows where and we all walked in scott free!

The music was just not on point... had some good drops, but no real musical journey, just track after track.... and THATS boring.

It was MADDDDDDD hot in there, chilled for abit, met afew headz, and I was out by 3:30 (I ONLY HOPE THE MUSIC GOT BETTER AFTER THAT)

AGAIN, IT WAS OPENING NIGHT, SO YOU CANT SEE THE REAL CROWD... THE SPACE IS KEWL AS USUAL, SYSTEM IS NICE AND BASSY! MUCH POTENTIAL! AND A FUNKYAZZ 80s DJ IN THE BATHROOM... HEHE

For a opening night, they did VERY well. with better ventilation, it would have been better!

What I find nowadays in the clubs is that THE WHOLE ENVIRONMENT IS UP TO THE DJ.... WRONG!!! SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY! a dj can only do soooo fucking much. to stand out in this city of many clubs and lounges, they should do something more INTERACTIVE!!!!

LIMELIGHT 93-95...AHHHH hehe

Originally posted by BKDJ

Got to LL at 1:10, found parking on 6th ave and 21st, waited on that "vip" line for 2 minutes till me and my 2 friends walked right in... the ticketcheck guy remembered me from god knows where and we all walked in scott free!

The music was just not on point... had some good drops, but no real musical journey, just track after track.... and THATS boring.

It was MADDDDDDD hot in there, chilled for abit, met afew headz, and I was out by 3:30 (I ONLY HOPE THE MUSIC GOT BETTER AFTER THAT)

AGAIN, IT WAS OPENING NIGHT, SO YOU CANT SEE THE REAL CROWD... THE SPACE IS KEWL AS USUAL, SYSTEM IS NICE AND BASSY! MUCH POTENTIAL! AND A FUNKYAZZ 80s DJ IN THE BATHROOM... HEHE

For a opening night, they did VERY well. with better ventilation, it would have been better!

What I find nowadays in the clubs is that THE WHOLE ENVIRONMENT IS UP TO THE DJ.... WRONG!!! SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY! a dj can only do soooo fucking much. to stand out in this city of many clubs and lounges, they should do something more INTERACTIVE!!!!

LIMELIGHT 93-95...AHHHH hehe

well put young grasshopper