Clubplanet Nightlife Community

P:M Sessions Presents Ali Ajami / Sat Sept 27 @ Luna

vipnerd

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ... crazy day went by ... things shaping the proper way to start off this Saturday ... :)

Expect one of the most focused music nites to hit the beach in years at this new venture ... we have gained in experience and gathered the perfect team for the long haul ...

In the meantime ... and to add to the positive additions ... you will find a few mixes of our new resident Dave Preston ... Dave Preston's Mixes ... should get you ready for the kick off this Saturday ... :D

Enjoy ... :shades2:

The t/l for April 4th's Kiss FM is this ...

Ali Ajami

1 Rob Paine

Never Gonna Say Goodbye

Greyhound

2 Impossible Beings

Too Late

Visitor

3 Ravi McArthur

'Try to Save Your Song'

Visitor

4 Rulers of the Deep

Dirty Grooves

Ovum

5 Cerebral Dub

Blowfish (Seed Vs. T-Pot Mix)

CDR

6 Noma

Ghosted (Hubersham's Dub)

Unknown

7 Oxygen feat. Anel Cybone

Inside Me (Martin Accorsi Rmx)

Unknown

8 Steve Porter

Thunk Brotha

Unknown

9 PQM

Everyday (Fade Remix)

Unknown

10 MV

Fabrication of Truth

Unknown

Pretty nice mix indeed ... :shades2:

his first KissFM mix was superb, but the April mix has some meaning to me from a period I was going thru at the time..

btw, Ravi's track is 'Try to Save Your Song'... It was released on Visitor recordings early 2002... I tracked it down and finally made it's way into my record box... tight choon

Originally posted by digital7

his first KissFM mix was superb, but the April mix has some meaning to me from a period I was going thru at the time..

btw, Ravi's track is 'Try to Save Your Song'... It was released on Visitor recordings early 2002... I tracked it down and finally made it's way into my record box... tight choon

I just updated the t/l up there ^^^ ...

Thanx Digital ... :tongue::shades2:

Originally posted by eddyguerra305

this guy is gonna rock the shit out of luna..

he is real dope, the only thing i dont understand is a dj of this caliber should not be djing in a restaurant on 6th washington he should be blowing away people in a big club like space or crobar, but never the less gonna be rocking

Hey Eddie, there's lots of things and djs coming to Luna that you will find even harder to understand...

The time has come for the final conflict between music and hype...

Brace yourself!

;)

he is real dope, the only thing i dont understand is a dj of this caliber should not be djing in a restaurant on 6th washington he should be blowing away people in a big club like space or crobar, but never the less gonna be rocking

Eddie ...

Tomorrow nite it is the official lauch of P:M Sessions at Luna ...

Your perception of the nite is right ... Ali is gonna rock Luna ... it is the right DJ for the launch of a music oriented party ...

As to the venue ... I'm glad you brought it up ... I am grateful to see a venue as Luna ... understanding what a music nite is all about and giving us all the support for it ...

Having said that ... Luna will have re-enforced sound that won't shy ANY club on the beach or downtown ...

Finding a fresh venue ... a venue that can hold the right amount of people for a small vibeful party ... is a blessing ...

I just quoted you ... because I'm sure that between our efforts and contacts ... with the most exquisite resident DJs in Austin Leeds ... Dave Preston ... Oscar Fonseca ... Cianci & Avila ... Vich & Berger ... and soon ... yes soon ... the return of Chris and Mono to our family ... this nite will give talk not only in CP Miami ... but around the globe ...

Rest assured we KNOW what we are doing ... for a long time ... now that we got a venue to support us ... and with the maturity we gained in the way things are handled ... I can positively affirm you we ARE the REAL nubreed music party in South Florida ...

You are more than welcome to join us ... just e-mail me with your guests ... join Diego Martinelli and the rest ...

Peace ...

Vip :shades2:

Originally posted by funketeer

I don't need a lot of people, I don't need fancy infrastructures, I don't need velvet ropes, I don't need dress codes, I don't need SoBe attitude...I do have plenty of what I do need...music.

buena Funketeer. :cool:

Amen to that 2.

I'd rather party in a small venue with dope music and full of people who knows who is playing than being in a big club with a crowd that makes me think I am partying in a Sedano supermarket. :D

Once this party is well established it would be a good idea to move it to a bigger location since there won't be any more room inside Luna for all the people trying to get in.

A night not to miss. I caught Ali playing a bunch of times up in Boston. Have also seen him play at my friend's houses in numerous petite commite after-parites ala Boston sytle. Cool sound, techy, proggy and very serious. Glad he joined the Pm family cause he's no joke of a Dj. Like I said..very serious, very established... shure to rock the floors at Luna. Can't wait.

Originally posted by laliux

I'd rather party in a small venue with dope music and full of people who knows who is playing than being in a big club with a crowd that makes me think I am partying in a Sedano supermarket. :D

Once this party is well established it would be a good idea to move it to a bigger location since there won't be any more room inside Luna for all the people trying to get in.

I think Miami is going through a transition a where clubbers are separating into different groups, people who go out for the music, and people who go out for the club and are happy as long as there is music.

For instance, nobody I know now goes to Space anymore unless its a huge event. People are tired of the same music and seek out for something with more taste, and go out somewhere where you can enjoy good music, see some known faces without having to be all fuc%ed up. Thats the beauty of a knowledgeable group of music listeners...they just need music and dancefloor and they will enjoy themselves and go home happy w/o having to spend the big bucks, go through door hassles, etc.. So anywayz... People are enjoying the small intimate settings that they can visit weekly without no prob., "where everybody knows youre name Cheers type of thing". So keep the basslines rolling into the small venues, its the best thing for the scene music-wise..... and watch Miami become a music-oriented city (which is the only thing that D'js world-wide critisize about mia.).

Originally posted by fostech

I think Miami is going through a transition a where clubbers are separating into different groups, people who go out for the music, and people who go out for the club and are happy as long as there is music.

For instance, nobody I know now goes to Space anymore unless its a huge event. People are tired of the same music and seek out for something with more taste, and go out somewhere where you can enjoy good music, see some known faces without having to be all fuc%ed up. Thats the beauty of a knowledgeable group of music listeners...they just need music and dancefloor and they will enjoy themselves and go home happy w/o having to spend the big bucks, go through door hassles, etc.. So anywayz... People are enjoying the small intimate settings that they can visit weekly without no prob., "where everybody knows youre name Cheers type of thing". So keep the basslines rolling into the small venues, its the best thing for the scene music-wise..... and watch Miami become a music-oriented city (which is the only thing that D'js world-wide critisize about mia.).

Amen to that ... :shades2: