Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Ivy-League Look

rewindthemovie

haha! the ivy league look. what a funny description.

anyway, the key to the look is accessories man. nice wallet/money clip (cartier/tiffany/smythson of bond street will suffice), sweet ass ties when you need to wear one (ferragamo, hermes), tie clips, cufflinks.

and then finally.. the shirts!! the companies you mentioned are awful, awful, awful. claiborne?! nautica?! people still wear that shit?

check out: Pink, Charles Thyrwitt, Faconnable, Brooks Brothers.

Originally posted by kitty19

and then finally.. the shirts!! the companies you mentioned are awful, awful, awful. claiborne?! nautica?! people still wear that shit?

hahah... thats exactly what i was thinking. the ivy leaguers werent even wearing that shite when it was in style, hell no would they be wearing it now ;)

rewind - i work at UPenn and the only guys on campus that look like what you described are the Whartons and freshmen :tongue:

Originally posted by kitty19

haha! the ivy league look. what a funny description.

anyway, the key to the look is accessories man. nice wallet/money clip (cartier/tiffany/smythson of bond street will suffice), sweet ass ties when you need to wear one (ferragamo, hermes), tie clips, cufflinks.

check out: Pink, Charles Thyrwitt, Faconnable, Brooks Brothers.

i like this girl...awesome taste...

add ben silver to that list (courtesy of DG)

haha thanks ghhhost. i used to be an i-banker (i hated it) so i rock these same brands.. ;)

yea.. ben silver is some quality shit.

there's a few more out there, but i don't know too much about but look hot - paul smith, paul stuart are a few i've meant to check out that look good.

and this "ivy league" look - it's either you look like a banker or you look like a preppy from Darien, CT.

brooks brothers? you've gotta be kidding me? the suggested articles of clothing is the stereotypical ivy league look. who gives a fock about accessories when you cant even get past being easy on the eyes with a tasteful but non-coforming outfit? go for the ivy league look but atleast go out with a bang.

-throw in some clothing by Penguin (yes its a bit retro but has a tinge of prep as well)

- flip up your back collar a bit with a nice wool vest

-no loafers! (ah will keel you!)

-learn to match patterns (tie and button down shirt configuration is a crucial skill to acquire) sometimes patterns you think that are an unlikely match actually compliments each other. but be VERY careful

-monochromatic is a cakewalk these days, skate on thin ice.

..unless you do enjoy that bland str8 forward ivy league look then by all means disregard this post.

Originally posted by reddog4063

isn't this what he's looking for in this case? :confused:

well, these days the ivy-league look has gone in different directions. So I was just merely suggesting he take it a step further from the run of the mill ivy-league look. Yes, he did specify what he was looking for but still, it was a bit broad.

• 2 weeks later...