Clubplanet Nightlife Community

lets go yankees

mikeynine999

Originally posted by mikeynine999

its that time of yr again time wehere the yanks go to postseason so lets do this all the way baby

:aright:

You know. Most of the season I have been thinking they may not have the team to do it this season... But my thoughts in the last month have been changing... It comes that time a year where they seem to step it up a notch...

Lets see what happens... :D

Wonder how many Yankee Haters will jump all over this thread... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by elementx

:aright:

You know. Most of the season I have been thinking they may not have the team to do it this season... But my thoughts in the last month have been changing... It comes that time a year where they seem to step it up a notch...

Lets see what happens... :D

Wonder how many Yankee Haters will jump all over this thread... :rolleyes:

ooo . . . ooo . . let me be the first! :D

yeah they stepped it up a notch courtesy of the devil rays, orioles & tigers . . . oof! :rolleyes:

but they are still the favorites in the AL though. it depends on the pitching staff.

Originally posted by vicman

ooo . . . ooo . . let me be the first! :D

yeah they stepped it up a notch courtesy of the devil rays, orioles & tigers . . . oof! :rolleyes:

but they are still the favorites in the AL though. it depends on the pitching staff.

:tongue: I think by them having an easier September it will still get them going for the post season... Get them out of slumps... And I think the pitching will be just fine in the post season... I think someone lights a fire up there ass in the post season...

Last year I think the fire was burnt out before the post season even began... :(

Originally posted by Codica3

Starting pitching isn't so much of a worry.. it's the in between that's a bit shaky..

yeah the middle relievers are the biggest problem, if a starter gets shelled there is no one there to stop the bleeding. thats the way anahiem beat them last year, they ran rampant on the entire pitching staff in general.

Originally posted by vicman

yeah the middle relievers are the biggest problem, if a starter gets shelled there is no one there to stop the bleeding. thats the way anahiem beat them last year, they ran rampant on the entire pitching staff in general.

Well we just have to hope that (1) the starting pitchers don't open a wound too big to heal and (2) the Yankee offense explodes so we can afford to give up a few runs.

I think Contreras will be the set up man comin out of the pen.

Read an article in the Record about their bullpen situation and Torre said Contreras will be the starter that comes out of the pen. IMO, I think this move is crucial, b/c his control has been solid as of late. Most batters in the league have only faced him once during the season, and his stuff is a lot better now, than it was in the beginning of the year. He's definately not the same pitcher that had an era of over 5.

The starters can go 6- 7 innings easy. Then you will only need Contreras to come in for 1 or 2 innings, and not have to worry about leaving it up to Weaver, Osuna, or Hammonds. I say don't even bring them into the game at all. Gabe White has done a better job than all of them and he came from Cincinati, pathetic.

Now the only doubt I have is if Mo has anything left in the tank. I hope he does.

See ya in the bronx, Game 2 American League Division Series game.

Originally posted by pk1

I think Contreras will be the set up man comin out of the pen.

Read an article in the Record about their bullpen situation and Torre said Contreras will be the starter that comes out of the pen. IMO, I think this move is crucial, b/c his control has been solid as of late. Most batters in the league have only faced him once during the season, and his stuff is a lot better now, than it was in the beginning of the year. He's definately not the same pitcher that had an era of over 5.

The starters can go 6- 7 innings easy. Then you will only need Contreras to come in for 1 or 2 innings, and not have to worry about leaving it up to Weaver, Osuna, or Hammonds. I say don't even bring them into the game at all. Gabe White has done a better job than all of them and he came from Cincinati, pathetic.

Now the only doubt I have is if Mo has anything left in the tank. I hope he does.

See ya in the bronx, Game 2 American League Division Series game.

Where are your seats???

I got tics to ALDS game 2 and ALCS game 1...

Originally posted by mattm2o

Cody should be happy Moose is starting game 1 Tuesday against the Minnesota Twins

xdwRnLQP.jpg

Yup yup!! Very happy!! And Mussina got that bad start outta his system so he'll be ready to go on the 30th.. :D

Did they announce who will be starting for the Twins yet?

Originally posted by pk1

In the mountains, Tier reserve section 7 row R.

If Moose is starting game 1, who's starting game 2? Pettite?

ALCS - The ALCS game I have mountain seats worse than yours...

I am all the way out in Left field... Tier Reserved 34 Row W.

I believe... :blown: I forget the seats...