Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Pros and Cons: Legalization Of Marijuana

dcsocialdiva

Are you for or against the legalization of marijuana?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against the legalization of marijuana?

• Pro - for legalization
    • Con - against legalization
    • Not Sure - can't say either way

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by revaluation

As for deaths, like I said, i have no problem with responsible use, but the deaths (and othe damages to life and property) themselves are proof that users really aren't that responsible and dryugs should be regulated.

I agree with you here. If there are no regulation/restrictions it could be disasterous. Fine, make it legal but you have to set some sort of limits. God knows most people can't set them for themselves. :(

Guest jroo
Originally posted by jroo

i go back and forth. ask me tomorrow and i may argue a different point.

"reality is a crutch for people who cant handle drugs"

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

I agree with you here. If there are no regulation/restrictions it could be disasterous. Fine, make it legal but you have to set some sort of limits. God knows most people can't set them for themselves. :(

well yes, there would still be enforcement. i don't think anyone is suggesting to legalize it to a point where you can go walking around the street carrying a bag full of pot for 20 people. but an amount enough for personal use over a certain period of time should be acceptable.

i can't recall the last time we discussed something w/ any type of substance here . . . it was prolly the start of the Irak war Part deux the last time we actually talked about something that was not food, meeting up, or sex r a combination of any of the 3. :eek:

Originally posted by moto

Everything in excess is bad (alcohol, tobacco, drugs, except sex), I don't think that it should be a free-for-all but regulated like alcohol & tobacco are now. :)

dunno meng, those girls that star in the Houston 500 and shit, something bad must have resulted from having sex w/ 500 guys.

Originally posted by vicman

i can't recall the last time we discussed something w/ any type of substance here . . . it was prolly the start of the Irak war Part deux the last time we actually talked about something that was not food, meeting up, or sex r a combination of any of the 3. :eek:

LOL. So true...

Originally posted by axe

it should be LEGAL ... there is one who voted no :laugh:

Can you imagen it being legal at Nation :eek:

We need to make the distinction of whether or not we're talking about 100% legal (thank you, Jules) or tolerated.

Use and posession of pot is illegal in the Netherlands. Posession under 3 grams is tolerated. Use in designated areas is tolerated. I've spent quite a bit of time in Amsterdam. You rarely see anyone smoking outside of the coffee shops. Not even at the clubs, believe it or not. It's actually a very respectful way of doing business.

It's the same with prostitution. You don't ever see hookers in Amsterdam unless you're in the red light district or go to a brothel. Even then, they aren't on the street so to speak, they are in small rooms that are essentially shops where you buy sex. This very easily isolates the undesired businesses that everyone knows are happening to specific areas that can be policed, managed, taxed, and regulated.

Originally posted by teriaki

It's the same with prostitution. You don't ever see hookers in Amsterdam unless you're in the red light district or go to a brothel. Even then, they aren't on the street so to speak, they are in small rooms that are essentially shops where you buy sex. This very easily isolates the undesired businesses that everyone knows are happening to specific areas that can be policed, managed, taxed, and regulated.

Oh, yeah, it's a lot better there, they have them displayed in the windows, like they're selling clothes or something - still degrading, plus I didn't see any men. ;)

Originally posted by lena1279

Oh, yeah, it's a lot better there, they have them displayed in the windows, like they're selling clothes or something - still degrading, plus I didn't see any men. ;)

Wait a sec... let's make sure we say this correctly:

They have themselves displayed in the windows like they're selling clothes or something.

It's the oldest profession for a reason. :shrug:

And thank GOD there are no men in the windows. They'd need to put it in a different part of town.