Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glow-dc Lineups...

clubglow

GLOW-Washington D.C.

WWW. CLUB GLOW .COM

**Paul van Dyk, Deep Dish, Tiesto, Armin van Buuren, Johan Gielen, Edgar V, Dan Sampson and Pete Moutso**

October

-4th – Black Hole Recordings presents the “One Night at Glow Mixed by Pete Moutso†CD release party and the ‘GLOW Four Year Anniversary’ Celebration.

-11th ‘Reflections Album Release Party’ featuring an exclusive DJ set by PAUL VAN DYK (Vandit/Mute-Berlin) and special guest EDGAR V (Crobar-Miami)

-18th Exclusive DJ set by Grammy Award winning DJ/Producing/Remixing duo Ali and Sharam of DEEP DISH (deepdish.com, yoshitoshi.com, bullittbookings.com)

-25th ID&T presents ‘Recorded 3 Album Release Party’ Legendary Dutch DJ/Producer/Remixer JOHAN GIELEN (Svensen & Gielen, Id&T)

November

-1st ‘The World’s #1 Dj’ DJ TIESTO (Nettwerk, Black Hole Recordings, Magik Muzik-Holland)

-14th ‘74’ Album Release party featuring ARMIN VAN BUUREN (Armada-Holland)

More surprises to be announced ;)

-Individual tickets for each Saturday can be purchased at www. Club Glow. com

FOR MORE INFO VISIT WWW. CLUB GLOW. COM

OR WWW. PANORAMA PROMO. COM

OR CALL THE INFO LINE AT 202-271-1171

GLOW – Exclusively Saturdays at Club Insomnia 714 6th Street N.W.

Glow is 18 and Over. Proper ID is a must.

Glow residents : Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Marco V, Johan Gielen, George Acosta, Cor Fijneman, Edgar V, Dan Sampson and Pete Moutso

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by moto

I wish this this was happenig @ Buzz intead of Glow, oh well... :half:

This is the kind of thinking that is getting the club scene in DC in trouble. All of us that love this music should be supporting the few parties that are here, instead of taking sides the whole time.

Whatever you may think of Glow, it's crowd, the venue or whatever it is that turns you off about it, the Glow crew have been working harder than anyone to maintain what little is left of the EDM scene in DC.

The snobbery that pervades the EDM community in DC is mind-blowing. We should all be pulling together to support and push the music that we love, so that we are not left with only hip-hop and salsa music to choose from in every club in the city.

With the way things are right now, we don't have the luxury of blowing off seeing a DJ simply because of where the DJ is playing - it seems to me that the people who claim to love this music are contributing more to it's demise than anything else.

Dan

Originally posted by dansampson

This is the kind of thinking that is getting the club scene in DC in trouble. All of us that love this music should be supporting the few parties that are here, instead of taking sides the whole time.

Whatever you may think of Glow, it's crowd, the venue or whatever it is that turns you off about it, the Glow crew have been working harder than anyone to maintain what little is left of the EDM scene in DC.

The snobbery that pervades the EDM community in DC is mind-blowing. We should all be pulling together to support and push the music that we love, so that we are not left with only hip-hop and salsa music to choose from in every club in the city.

With the way things are right now, we don't have the luxury of blowing off seeing a DJ simply because of where the DJ is playing - it seems to me that the people who claim to love this music are contributing more to it's demise than anything else.

Dan

dan,

you make some good points. i really dislike glow but i have made the trip there to see a few djs, yourself included. do i think it's snobbery that i don't like glow? not for the reasons i don't like it. yeah, ok, the crowd is not buzz or nyc but there are some real inherent problems with glow, imho, that could be corrected or easily fixed while there are other reasons that can't.

no one can dispute that the sound system at glow is FUCKED. first time i ever went to glow i couldn't hear clearly without ringing for three days after... THREE DAYS. when i went to see yourself and g&d, i was in a panic that i forgot my earplugs and shoved napkins into my ears to save what i had... your music is great, but the sound system is jacked plain and simple.

i won't bitch about the staff coz eh, what can you do, clubs tend to employ jackasses on a regular basis so oh well! altho i still find it highly amusing that jroo went to glow as a guest of scott henry and got almost strip searched on suspicion of dealing lol :laugh:

and most overall, the structure that glow is in is just not good. it's small, it's a concrete box, and even on emptier nights there's no room to enjoy yourself.

i don't have a problem with glow management. they book great djs and handled the pvd cancellation in a way i thought was classy. i guess my problem is more with insomnia as a venue itself than glow.

i'll be there for pvd but insomnia is not somplace i would go to on a regular basis, nor would i recommend it to any friends. and based on my reasons, i don't find that to be 'snobbery.'

kken and moto are just troublemakers. i dont like glow btw . . . too many problems in the past with glow staff with the guest lists, and insomnia security randomly grabbing people and searching them.

this is aside from the crowd, A/C, sound system, and salsa room upstairs . . .

Originally posted by vicman

this is aside from the crowd, A/C, sound system, and salsa room upstairs . . .

what's wrong with the A/C? :confused: Its always freezing in there!

I'll go to Glow when there is a dj that I really want to see. My problem isn't with Glow, its with the venue Insomnia. I like to dance all night and dancing on that cement floor is killer on the shins & knees. And that has nothing to do w/ the fact that I'm old :tongue:

Also, the sound system is fine. If that sound system were in another venue it would be awesome but again, the cement structure is the problem.

the only problem I've had with staff is in regards to guestlist. Also, its the only club I feel the need to use the water bottle bumper method (a water bottle in each back pocket) to prevent my ass from being groped all evening by creepy strangers!

Yeah, yeah I like to grab asses too but I don't do it to people I don't know! :laugh:

I'll be there for PvD. I'd see him with barn yard animals.....

eggy - i don't really believe you are going... i'll believe it when i see it.

Originally posted by kken

i'll be there for pvd but insomnia is not somplace i would go to on a regular basis, nor would i recommend it to any friends. and based on my reasons, i don't find that to be 'snobbery.'

Hey Kken,

I understand what you're saying, people can only base opinions on experience. The 'snobbery' thing was intended to be a more general comment. I do honestly think that there is an element of that in the scene here.

What i was trying to get across is that even though there are a ton of DJs in this city, and a seemingly equal amount of people who like the music, the scene is getting worse instead of getting better, and that we all need to support the few actual EDM events that take place around here. DC definitely isn't New York or London or Miami or any place that has a vibrant and diverse club scene, and we have to work to maintain what little there is here.

Apologies if I was a bit harsh, but it really concerns me that sooner or later there is going to be nothing here except top 40 hip hop nights.

Cheers

Dan

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

what's wrong with the A/C? :confused: Its always freezing in there!

eggy - i don't really believe you are going... i'll believe it when i see it.

uh yeah, make sure you keep me warm again . . .

well, i'll be expecting a red bull from you when i see you . . .

Originally posted by dansampson

Dan

Dan,

1st of all, I wasn't saying anything negative about the Glow crew, I agree w/you that they have worked hard booking excellent DJ's, I know that they love the EDM (Antonis is a friend of mine & I've known him since he used to promote @ the Spy club over 10 yrs ago). As a matter of fact, I'm thankful that someone has the balls to bring such talent to the DC area

I mentioned Buzz because I would rather hear you or any of the other DJ's play there (I've heard you spin @ Spank & Nations btw), I don't know why but the stereo system at Insomnia plainly sounds like crap (it's a shame).

Also, their staff could definitely use some training but they may act the way they do because of the crowd that frequents the place. Call me what you like but I don't like when I go to a club w/a female friend(s) and she (they) gets constantly gropped by sleazy scumbags, that has never happened to me at Buzz.

Anyway, I'll be there for PVD but I would much rather watch him (or you) play at Nation (again, nothing against the Glow crew).

Peace

:hat:

Hey Moto,

Like i said before, man, apologies if i was a bit harsh. It's easy to misinterpret what people are getting at on msg boards. I am just very passionate about our music and I want to see it flourish in this city. Believe me, it was quite a shock to move here from London to find that dance music was being played virtually nowhere. Bar a few obvious exceptions, there were no clubs playing it, it was NEVER on the radio, NEVER on MTV - i mean, you can walk into Burger King on a Monday morning in London and they'll be playing banging techno :-) , and I (and everyone else, I'm sure) just want to do all I can to make sure that dance music stays alive in this very difficult market.

I understand that a lot of people have complaints about the sound at Insomnia and Pete is working hard to rectify the situation as best he can by constantly tweaking the system week after week.

Very much looking forward to the PvD gig, tho, see you there!

Cheers

Dan

Originally posted by nourishment

Burger King in Europe started serving veggie burgers about 5 years before they started doing that here.

They also have quality control on the food served in Mc D's and those places - this means the food is actually good. You can eat it and not feel gross for the next 5 days.

Road trip to Europe??