Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Back in the day...

philippio

I was just reminiscing the good old days of Pure Filth Fridays at Shadowlounge. Is there anyone else out there who made it out for those weekly locals house nights? I loved that party! And also Bang on wednesdays at Crobar and the sex parties once a month!!! Back when the Miami scene was ALL ABOUT HOUSE!!!

WHAT THE FU*K HAPPENED???

The miami scene was all about house?

Umm Bang lasted for like six weeks, and unfortunately, Pure Filth fared little better...Bang wasn't even house, it was like, "let's just have a Wednesday party". Pure Filth was decent, but it was short-lived...

Originally posted by philippio

I was just reminiscing the good old days of Pure Filth Fridays at Shadowlounge. Is there anyone else out there who made it out for those weekly locals house nights? I loved that party! And also Bang on wednesdays at Crobar and the sex parties once a month!!! Back when the Miami scene was ALL ABOUT HOUSE!!!

WHAT THE FU*K HAPPENED???

Pure Filth Fridays was awesome... I just think the people that went to Shadow were too accustomed to hearing trance... Which is prob why it didnt work...Charles Feelgood destroyed the place when he was there...

Originally posted by lavosdeldiablo

Pure Filth Fridays was awesome... I just think the people that went to Shadow were too accustomed to hearing trance... Which is prob why it didnt work...Charles Feelgood destroyed the place when he was there...

Pure Filth Fridays was something we did for love not money. It really is a shame that you would say that it never took off because people were used to hearing trance at Shadow. Why is it that people don't just go for good music? What you're saying is that people will only go to a place for one sound? That they wanted to hear Feelgood, Donald Glaude, John Aquaviva (who, is one amazing house DJ as well as techno), Green Velvet and the other great House guys we brought but didn't go because we played trance on Saturdays? If that's true, I need to move.

Originally posted by ogmiami

Pure Filth Fridays was something we did for love not money. It really is a shame that you would say that it never took off because people were used to hearing trance at Shadow. Why is it that people don't just go for good music? What you're saying is that people will only go to a place for one sound? That they wanted to hear Feelgood, Donald Glaude, John Aquaviva (who, is one amazing house DJ as well as techno), Green Velvet and the other great House guys we brought but didn't go because we played trance on Saturdays? If that's true, I need to move.

i love when you post! you bring such a calm to this rowdy planet!

John Aquaviva (who, is one amazing house DJ as well as techno)

I'm hearing the sets he and hawtin did on that plus8 classics tour .. wow they were fucking great .. would love to see either of them in miami .. Hawtin has a tour coming up for his album 'Closer' maybe someone can do it?

I was at every one of those nights...Shadow was pretty full for all of those guys. I think there were a couple nights when you guys brought in some DJs that didn't get much pull and that was near the end of things....I remember ...was it Jason Blakemore or someone that spins similar to him also from the west coast...and the place didn't do so well....and for some reason for Donald Glaude the place filled up allright but did go a little dead a little too soon...I remember being one the last people on the dancefloor that night. If I can remember right I think that people were saying that they didn't get enough notice of who was actually going to be spinning each weekend so it was hard for them to plan...either way I loved the talent that was coming in there, after that stopped...I don't think I went out for long time.

Pure Filth Fridays was something we did for love not money. It really is a shame that you would say that it never took off because people were used to hearing trance at Shadow. Why is it that people don't just go for good music? What you're saying is that people will only go to a place for one sound? .

"Why dont people just go for good music..??"

I ask myself that question everyday... Im not saying people go to any place for one sound ... Im saying people went to SHADOW LOUNGE for one sound... The times i was there for Pure Filth ..I had a blast, and it was great... But you can tell atleast half of the people there were expecting trance...imo

ps - im very much aware of that the party was done for the love of music.. and it was appreciated very much..;)

Originally posted by rcrespo

I ask myself the question every sunday. Those who show up know what i'm talking about. :)

Hey damnit...I would come but Sunday is a very bad day for me because Mondays are the worst day for me at work and school...need my rest...as soon as I get a break from school I'm there....right now I work and go to school M-Thurs. from 830am to 11pm at night.