Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how will NV fare now?

Originally posted by sobeton

just one that doesn't get ,used to often here in miami. ;)

why is there a comma in this sentence?

General Guidelines for Using Commas:

You should use commas to indicate natural pauses.

You should use a comma if its omission would leave the meaning of the sentence ambiguous.

You should use a comma when a dependent clause begins a sentence.

You can use commas to enclose phrases that are introduced within Independent clauses.

You should not overuse commas.

Thanks again for helping me out with my spelling :)

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

why is there a comma in this sentence?

General Guidelines for Using Commas:

You should use commas to indicate natural pauses.

You should use a comma if its omission would leave the meaning of the sentence ambiguous.

You should use a comma when a dependent clause begins a sentence.

You can use commas to enclose phrases that are introduced within Independent clauses.

You should not overuse commas.

Thanks again for helping me out with my spelling :)

LOL .. impressive research.. "Use a comma to guide the reader through the sentence and to prevent misreading." thanks for trying to correct my grammar. ;):tongue:

No Worries ! :) I understand what your saying.. however I don’t think we should be tossing, in the towel on scene so quickly. hell if people want to pay the bucks, to hear "superstar dj’s " then do it. then take some of the profit from that and use it to bring in up and coming DJ’s. I'm just tossing ideas out there.. I’m as passionate about scene as you are.I sure as hell don’t like, to see promoters loose money. it kills the scene, and is very discouraging. I’m not sure what the answer is. I’m not ready to give up ,on the peeps in miami, and I hope your not.. that's all I was trying to say, but I think we went off point a bit.

These are the only sentences where commas were used correctly in your post.

it kills the scene, and is very discouraging.

the peeps in miami, and I hope your not..

that's all I was trying to say, but I think we went off point a bit.

Commas can separate two Independent clauses that are joined by a coordinating conjunction such as 'and', 'or', 'but', 'nor', 'so', 'for', and 'yet'.

Keyword is coordinating conjuntion.

F+

Rewrite this post so I can grade it again.

These are the only sentences where commas were used correctly in your post.

it kills the scene, and is very discouraging.

the peeps in miami, and I hope your not..

that's all I was trying to say, but I think we went off point a bit.

Commas can separate two Independent clauses that are joined by a coordinating conjunction such as 'and', 'or', 'but', 'nor', 'so', 'for', and 'yet'.

Keyword is coordinating conjuntion.

F+

Rewrite this post so I can grade it again.

Lee,

if you are going to try, and correct someone’s grammar. you should do so based, on your TRUE knowledge of the same. when you plagiarize other people’s ideas, and try to make them your own. it makes you look like an idiot. I’m sorry if I embarrassed you because, you tried be a smart arse. by using a word you can’t even spell. get over it !

Now take a look at this link: http://learnline.ntu.edu.au/studyskills/wr/wr_pu_com.html

notice any similarities with the content of your post. :idea:

ARTIFICAL intelligence doesn’t make you, any smarter then anyone else. there will always be someone one step ahead you.

by my own admission my grammar, is not the best in the world, but know one can ever accuse me of plagiarism. my ideas and thoughts are my own. it’s a shame you can’t say the same.

I give you an "A" , for being an Asshole with nothing useful to say. ;)

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by bigpoppanils

:rofl:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

GA2 is the MAN.....

And for the record, you are right Lee. And thats not to mention spelling errors....

I'm sorry to throw you under the bus Tony, but its damn funny. Its like me writing in spanish. I screw up all the accents so instead of trying, I just leave them out altogether. No sense in trying. :laugh:

4 sure. I'll need your help finding a good salsa club. I don't know squat about the salsa scene. The only thing I know is that I hate it when it's to crowded cause you can't dance and I like the older style salsa better then the newer.

A)"too" not "to" is the correct form of the word when it's being used as a modifier rather than as a preposition

B)"cause" is not a complete word. it either needs to be "because", or in portraying conversation, it could be "cause".

C)you don't need two comparatives in the same sentence, only one.

the poor girl comes on CP to talk about music and dancing. She shares everyones passion for the scene. Cut her some slack :(

possessive forms require an apostrophe.

;)

Guest brwneydtrouble

where are the spelling errors Jackie? :confused:

Artifical - artificial

know - no

Not to nitpick, but you asked. :D I'm just following along with the joke. I happen to be a huge stickler for that kind of nonsense, being that I type letters all day long. I even type "proper" in my IM's, my sister makes fun of me all the time.

Ok, enough of the grammar police......this is getting old already and not quite funny anymore.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Artifical - artificial

know - no

Not to nitpick, but you asked. :D I'm just following along with the joke. I happen to be a huge stickler for that kind of nonsense, being that I type letters all day long. I even type "proper" in my IM's, my sister makes fun of me all the time.

Ok, enough of the grammar police......this is getting old already and not quite funny anymore.

you got me..:tongue: your right it's getting old. Lee's my boy we are just playing .. ;)