Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For Those That Went--memories Of Shadow Lounge...

mrmatas2277

Guest saleen351

wooden floors

horrible music

10 dollar beers

cool fish tank in bathroom

shiny shirts

on a scale of 1-10, with ten being the best

i give it a 4

Oh for cryin' out loud dudelet it go,just let it go...........................................................................................................................................

Or for that just go ahead and start up : best memories of Liquid,Groovejet,The Mix,Pacos Tacos, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by triscuit

Oh for cryin' out loud dudelet it go,just let it go...........................................................................................................................................

Or for that just go ahead and start up : best memories of Liquid,Groovejet,The Mix,Pacos Tacos, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I agree, with so much to look forward to, why dwell in the past? SL is long gone, never to return, and from what I have heard, unless you were in some drug induced dream world, it really wasn't all that great.

Kinda reminds me of Union Lounge afterhours.....now that I look back. Makes me shudder to even think about it......

Originally posted by triscuit

i guess ur memories were about being left outside the club...nice....bi-polar anyone?

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Iwhat I have heard, unless you were in some drug induced dream world, it really wasn't all that great.

Kinda reminds me of Union Lounge afterhours.....now that I look back. Makes me shudder to even think about it......

really? hearsay is a bitch...but since u have been around the scene for all about 1 yr, i guess thats the ONLY way u ever heard of it...and on ur Union Lounge remark, i could respond to u but....NO COMMENT:D

To say that it wasn't all that unless you were in a drug induced haze is so far off the mark. I went there with nothing more in me than a few cheap drinks from the Deuce, and had nothing more than a few more drinks...often I would go and just have a few Red Bulls...and I had a blast, even during Acostanation...the club itself was a little run down near the end, but what club on the beach worth going to doesn't have it's share of issues? Nerve has bad toilets, crobar's a bit dirty sometimes...

Every time one of these threads starts on this board it gives me the warm fuzzies. As the owner of Shadow Lounge I am still very proud of what we did there. The room really had magic and the time was right for it. The staff was the best. I am not sure what place SL would have if any in today's market but that really matters not because it was yesterday. As someone here has pointed out, we really should look forward. For me, that means concentrating on Nocturnal in the hopes that one day, many years from now, you'll all remember it as fondly.

Cheers,

Dade

i didnt read through the thread so if some1 put this ....oh well!!!!!!!!!!

i remember it being hot as nouts in shadow...all the time!!!!!!!!!!

and of course i remember the good times i had olding myself up with the rail...even though they would tell us to move all the time!!!!!!!:D

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

i remember it being hot as nouts in shadow...all the time!!!!!!!!!!

lol... omg no shit... the air in that place was broken as often as it worked.... but nothing was as bad as GA's last night there...must have been 100+ in the place.

BTW did anyone see when Taucher dove off the DJ booth?

(wasnt there, just heard the story)

Yeah....it's true...we had some issues with the AC. There were four units. Three small ones, and one giant 40 ton air chiller. Unfortunately, the big 40 ton unit was older than Grandma and had a habit of blowing up in the middle of the night. Not only that, but everytime the fire alarm went off, so did the air......and the fire system went off a lot. It always amazed me that the fire alarm would sound with the lights and warnings and nobody would head for the exit. I think all those little quirks added to the magic.

And Shroomy, Taucher didn't so much "jump" from the booth as much "fall out" of the booth. Once we realized that he was OK, we laughed our asses off.

New airhorn install maybe hehe :)

Reminds me of a few months ago at Nerve, when the old LD, Michael M., would smoke the place out with the fogger, and the fire alarms would go off, with their little tiny strobe lights..it looked for all the world like another visual.