• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from Dtourism...

I AM PLAYING AT THE CLOSING PARTY OF SPACE IN MIAMI NEXT SATURDAY,

OCTOBER 18TH!

It's official and I am happy to have this honor. Yet, I feel like this as well >>>

Yes, it is for many of us a very sad reason to celebrate as SPACE/MIAMI is and was the Major Pioneer nightclub in Miami to host "on such a large scale" such an incredible roster of International DJ's and without a doubt having the best parties all year long by having so many incredible things to offer to their dedicated patrons.

#1- THE SPACE - (Both Venues, Top Notch)

#2- THE SOUND - (WOW)

#3- THE ENTIRE LOVING STAFF THAT CARED MORE THAN ANY CLUB I HAVE EVER BEEN TO IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. FROM ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP, THE OWNER AND DJ FRIEND I'VE KNOW FOR ALMOST 20 YEARS NOW....... THE MAN HIMSELF SPACE-LOUIS!

Coincidentally, Saturday, October 18th is Louis's Birthday!

So we will BE celebrating LIFE, LOVE & MUSIC!

His wonderful partner George, the managers, Marcus, Marbely, The door people, security, bartenders, bus boys, decorators, clean up crew, etc.......

I mean you all know I have been to many, many places, but it is here @ Space in Miami Florida that even after 16 hours (or more) of being there with everyone, the entire staff use to wait for me to come out of the booth to sign fliers, T-shirts or take photo's with them! If that doesn't make a DJ feel rewarded, what will? You would think that these people would hate me and say: "WHEN IS HE GOING TO STOP, I WANT TO GO HOME".... LOL BUT NO, The staff of Space (gotta give it up to Stereo too) are the only 2 Clubs in the world that I have done such LONG ASS MARATHON sets at and was completely overwhelmed by the staff and their stamina at the end as many of them were there before my arrival preparing for their doors opening, than getting the venue ready again for the next day....... C'MON PEOPLE.......

OK, MORE REASONS TO LOVE SPACE >>>>>

#4. LEGENDARY Resident DJ Oscar G! I call him the Silent Giant! This man is soooooo talented (along with his studio partner Ralph Falcon, creators of MURK, Funky Green Dogs, Liberty City, FIRED UP, DARK BEAT.... another thread for them) >>

#5. All the other resident DJ's from Oscar V. (yes V. not G. there are 2) who pioneered a trance sound there to Ivano Bellini who went from being a semi-trance DJ when I first heard him to rockin the Space Terrace with all kinds of bombs we all loved and embraced, as we did with the incredible sounds of Chus & Ceballos, Peace Division, Alan T (a Space staple), DJ Vibe, and just knowing how to deliver that funky chunky Iberican Space Terrace Sound while Oscar G. and the other guest were doing their BIG thing in the main room.

#6. Being the only club to have a 24 hour license to party! OK, I admit this initially scared me, but given the type of DJ I am that hates to stop once I start, again SPACE was the place! Even the police were cool outside.

Of course no club or business is without any form of drama and Space had their share of "a few" employees over the years that needed THE BOOT >>>> Just like every venue does. It's almost inevitable that someone is not going to be the trusting employee you hoped they would be when they applied and got hired. I've seen many people come and go in this biz trying to be sneaky to make a quick buck...... But then there is KARMA and they always get caught eventually. NEXT >>>>>

OK...... So, Yes, I said YES to playing next Saturday the 18th!

If I think of anything to add in here I will, or will do a post closing party thread as soon as I return.

I'll end this thread by already saying THANK YOU to LOUIS and to everyone who has ever enjoyed me at Space and allowed me to bring BE YOURSELF to SPACE in MIAMI for the last 5 YEARS!

I had the honor of opening the first Space venue after we moved our growing WMC parties from Groove Jet to Space 4 years ago, and then again I had the honor of opening up this wonderful new venue this past March once again for the WMC party 2003. Together, Space & ARC celebrated right after our marathon when we all went to SOBE to the DanceStar Awards where SPACE won the award for BEST VENUE, and WE won the award as well.... It says on it: Danny Tenaglia Presents "Be Yourself Friday's" BEST CLUB NIGHT IN THE U.S.! (WOW)

WHAT A DOUBLE HONOR THAT DAY >>>>>>

Louis was on a cloud, I was on a cloud, and we were ALL still on a natural high having gone straight from the WMC marathon of 16 hours of straight spinning to the awards banquet.....

I also presented an award to Tiesto for Best International DJ.

(If Tiesto is not #1 in the next DJ Mag top 100 poll, I will literally eat one of my infamous caps right off my bald head) LOL

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT >>>> SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER >>>>>

Originally posted by az-tec

#5. All the other resident DJ's from Oscar V. (yes V. not G. there are 2) who pioneered a trance sound there to Ivano Bellini who went from being a semi-trance DJ when I first heard him to rockin the Space Terrace with all kinds of bombs we all loved and embraced, as we did with the incredible sounds of Chus & Ceballos, Peace Division, Alan T (a Space staple), DJ Vibe, and just knowing how to deliver that funky chunky Iberican Space Terrace Sound while Oscar G. and the other guest were doing their BIG thing in the main room.

:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by tigerclaw

October 18th?, You got the date messed up, The last day is on Oct 11th and its with Erick Morillo.

thats why I put the question mark up...lol

I never said this was confirmed info, its just what DT had posted on his board a little while ago.

One thing is for sure, Danny does not make it a habit of posting wrong info about a gig. SO this leads me to believe they pushed back the closing to have DT do it.

Originally posted by az-tec

thats why I put the question mark up...lol

I never said this was confirmed info, its just what DT had posted on his board a little while ago.

One thing is for sure, Danny does not make it a habit of posting wrong info about a gig. SO this leads me to believe they pushed back the closing to have DT do it.

It will close on October 11th, It says so right here

subliminal.jpg

Originally posted by laliux

Fuck Tenaglia. I'll be at the AAA for Sasha. :hat:

Yeah, Sasha for an hour or two. That's worth coughing it up and sitting through 6 hours of whiny rockstars. :laugh:

Danny's hit or miss for me, but I'll be checking it out for sure. I'm still looking forward more so to Erick Morillo.

My suggestion is, they're "dragging it out" here, why not just drag it out a little bit more for Howelleen?!?!? Let the better Danny play!!!!

I know I've got Mr. Matas' support...:cool:

Originally posted by pod

Yeah, Sasha for an hour or two. That's worth coughing it up and sitting through 6 hours of whiny rockstars. :laugh:

Danny's hit or miss for me, but I'll be checking it out for sure. I'm still looking forward more so to Erick Morillo.

My suggestion is, they're "dragging it out" here, why not just drag it out a little bit more for Howelleen?!?!? Let the better Danny play!!!!

I know I've got Mr. Matas' support...:cool:

Mr. Inside info . . . is DT confirmed?

Originally posted by sobe2003

No doubt that the Professor and Steve Lawler would be a perfect way to close out . . .

But not for nothing - it is a slap in the face to all S34 patrons if DT is playing there on Oct. 18.

:idea::eek::D:rolleyes:

hhhhmmmm, now thats an idea!!!!

howells all nite inside, lawler all moring outiside!!!!

can i get a $100 door charge???

Originally posted by sobe2003

But not for nothing - it is a slap in the face to all S34 patrons if DT is playing there on Oct. 18.

I agree. …especially after he shit on Space34 in his post WMC whining session. :(

just close that bitch down( Space 34 :D) with our Boyz and Erick and call it a wrap..

:cool:

Originally posted by pod

Pod,

what the hell do you know about Gustavo Cerati, Kinky, Aterciopelados and Libido??

Nothing!!

so better stay quiet. :D