Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Saleen Makes Space Ibiza News

sobe2003

Check it out for yourself at:

http://www.space-ibiza.com/news/news.php?id=248

THE OTHER SPACE CLOSING PARTY – Scary shit for Ibiza’s sister industry in Florida

Posted By Michael Stuart on Monday 13th October, 2003 @ 11:17 (Read: 409)

concerned of Sa Penya writes:

The re-organisation of legislative priorities in the United States has backed one of the Miami Winter Music Conference's flagship venues into a corner, and the owner Louis Puig has closed the venue Space34.

Cops hanging out eyeballing kids in the queue of the local club

Which sux, obviously. From all accounts the club was phenomenally successful, safe, modern and tonnes of fun, but this matters little to fundamentalist lawmakers whose creed states that anything associated with the culture of intense leisure is wrong and should be intimidated into submission. Or if that doesn’t work, organise a raid by the startlingly unsuccessful United States Drug Enforcement Agency who have been entirely unable to fulfil their stated aim of reducing either the demand or supply of illegal drugs in their jurisdiction.

The DEA do know how to poop a party however, and recently they actually managed to bust a few quite possibly harmless guys in the club after being granted unprecedented legal powers by recently-passed statutes. Presumably spurred on by this "victory", they have elicted the exit of an excellent entrepreneurial enterprise.

From a press release by Mr Puig:

Space34 pioneered the revitalization of Downtown Miami, tripled the area’s real estate value, brought over 5 million dollars in tax revenue and chased away the homeless and crack dealers from what was once a completely dilapidated area.

We won an award for “Best Night Club†and presented more world class DJs than any club in the US and not a word was printed. We sell more liquor than any other club in South Florida but all they can write about is water and ecstasy.

We refuse to be the topic of any more negative publicity and continue doing business in such a hostile environment. We would rather shut down our doors than do business where we are not welcomed. The media will have to find a new scapegoat.

Listening to music and dancing is not a crime. Our government is using the unconstitutional Amber Bill / Rave Act / Crack House Law to try and shut down night clubs, concerts and public gatherings. These establishments should not be blamed for the inefficiency of our nation to control the importation, distribution, sales and use of illegal drugs. Shutting down night clubs will not stop people from doing drugs.

Or will it be? Cooljunkie pundit Saleen351 analyses the situation and Erick Morillo’s set last Saturday. Nice review dude.

2 great Americans: Danny T with Missy @ Space34

& again with Yoko

No more good times here for these guys

www.clubspace.com

Got beef with some Florida cops and/or the current US administration? Please add your comments in the Open Forum underneath.

I think we need to organize a US and World tour for the Saleen. We can get group to go to different clubs and do reviews. Kinda like the "traveling chef" to get a seal of approval for a club.

For the rating system there would be things like:

The "Pigeon Factor" Qaulity and quantity:

Real or Clueless clubbers?

To tip... or not to tip the bartneders?

Is the DJ playing classics, cheese, or God for bid Trance?

And the overall rating would not be 1 - 4 stars.

It would be in the number of "Guido Fist Pumps"

Four Guido Fist Pumps = Saleen seal of approval

26261-01b.jpg26261-01b.jpg26261-01b.jpg26261-01b.jpg

Saleen posted this on cooljunkie:

I was with some trance heads, and trance fans are easily the most clueless clubbers on planet earth, every trance set is sick to them, and every trance dj is sick to them.

They are a joke, but the reason why I bring them up is that they started to complain that the energy is gone from EM set. I was laughing on the inside. These people just don’t know.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

Saleen posted this on cooljunkie:

I was with some trance heads, and trance fans are easily the most clueless clubbers on planet earth, every trance set is sick to them, and every trance dj is sick to them.

They are a joke, but the reason why I bring them up is that they started to complain that the energy is gone from EM set. I was laughing on the inside. These people just don’t know.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351

the miami trance heads are so clueless, that i was speaking to a dj, and i said the trance heads love you, he sez to me, "nick, i don't play trance":laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

they don't even know what this dj plays...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

if the saleen is happy i am happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

good seeing ya flip and the mrs.... though i think she was intimadated with my guido fist pumping....

shes a rookie...