Clubplanet Nightlife Community

some help for the new girl please!

pbrane

Originally posted by CrzyC

Good God, look what I have started! You have to learn to stay out longer, little boy!!!:D

Sorry im Obsessed with football and I had to take a shit something fierce and theres no way in hell I could go at SPace.:tongue:

Originally posted by koky

:laugh: :laugh: i dunno this girl danced for like 8 hrs nonstop... you think u can handle it steve ??:eek: :eek: :D

8hrs is more than I can take.

But I was at Space with lolla for 11hrs one night but then again I had more money with me.:idea:

No, no, I haven't been scared off, just really really busy. I am glad to hear from a few girls! I am in a male dominated program at school, there are a few girls, but none I have anything in common with really. Don't get me wrong, guys are fun, but definitely looking forward to some feminine energy! (especially from someone who can dance for 8 hours straight!!)

Thanks all....

Originally posted by pbrane

No, no, I haven't been scared off, just really really busy. I am glad to hear from a few girls! I am in a male dominated program at school, there are a few girls, but none I have anything in common with really. Don't get me wrong, guys are fun, but definitely looking forward to some feminine energy! (especially from someone who can dance for 8 hours straight!!)

Thanks all....

heyyyyyyyyy i danced 4 almost 10 hrs LAST week .. & 8 this week :D :D :cool:

INTELLIGENT DANCE MUSIC!

an oxymoron? or course not, but where to find it? that is the question.... of course most deep house, downtempo, acid jazz, nu jazz, etc. is very intelligent, and so it's not too hard to play an intelligent sounding set if you just stick to those genres... I used to be really into that kind of stuff, but after a while I noticed that a few DJ's playing hard house, progressive, and especially Techno were actually playing some very intelligent sets, it really takes a lot more effort by the DJ to play upbeat hard rockin' dance music and keep it intelligent at the same time, it's too easy just to play all the obnoxious repetitive dance pop tracks that everybody else is playing, they've got 50 copies of each of them in every record store, no-brainer....

This was my inspiration for becoming a DJ, to play rockin' beats that don't insult my intelligence, and now I've found a venue where I can share this passion with the public, along with ARMANDO SUAREZ the head vinyl buyer at Grooveman Records, we are doing a Friday night party (details below) where we get to play all those great records that nobody else will play around here, Armando has been playing a lot of great funky underground Breaks, plus some Tribal House and I mean really good techy Tribal, not the same generic beats you hear everywhere else, and that's just what he's been rocking out with in the past 2 weeks, you can bet he has tons of other great stuff just waiting to make it onto the decks.... I have been playing alot of Tech-House, and Techno House, even a little progressive Techno, and some Electro-Clash vocal tracks thrown in to help spice up the mix

This is not a mega-club, we don't have a light show, there is no glamour, and no pretension, also no cover, and the drinks are dirt cheap! So if this sounds interesting you may want to check us out one of these Fridays soon, we'll do our best to make it worth the drive!

Ok, I tried to post a picture of me so I can be recognized at a future party and hopefully meet some of you. I don't know if it worked or not. It's under the posse pose section. (Although, at Halloween, I am probably going to look quite a bit different...fishnets, fangs, purple hair, etc.)

PBrane - I feel your pain. The honest answer is that the type of breaks you're talking about are not a big money maker around here so those guys rarely get booked. I know because I'm in the biz here and love that sound and have had trouble getting people to turn out for it. At Conference it's a different story. I have a date to bring Adam Freeland down in November and am working on "BEATFEST", a daytime Conference party with Rennie Pilgrem, General Midi, Freq Nasty and a ton of other UK Breaks producers. I'll keep you informed.

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by ogmiami

PBrane - I feel your pain. The honest answer is that the type of breaks you're talking about are not a big money maker around here so those guys rarely get booked. I know because I'm in the biz here and love that sound and have had trouble getting people to turn out for it. At Conference it's a different story. I have a date to bring Adam Freeland down in November and am working on "BEATFEST", a daytime Conference party with Rennie Pilgrem, General Midi, Freq Nasty and a ton of other UK Breaks producers. I'll keep you informed.

Very glad to hear that....I am so there for this.

pbrane, if its breaks you want, then yuo will be in heaven on Halloween. Even if Baby Anne DOES suck, the rest of the guys spinning that night will more than make up for her, because she does indeed draw a crowd. Last time she was in town at I/O I heard it was outta hand. I was at Venu that night, place was empty, but I was dancing my ass off like always. With Stryke and Edgar in the patio outside, you will not know where to want to be.

In case you are interested, Icey will be spinning in West Palm this weekend, I have to get the scoop. I live in Jupiter, so thats where I will be this weekend.

After Venu for Halloween, we are having an afterparty in Hollywood, you should come by, more breaks upstairs and a few of our own CPers will be spinning downstairs.

As a fellow Palm Beacher, I'll help you out any way I can!