Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"Axis of Evil" to expand: Cuba, Libya, Syria

Originally posted by xpyrate

What threat are they to us then? Neither of their armys with stand a chance against us. Cuba certainly isn't going to attack us. Why would they?

you don't have to take over a country to commit acts of terrorism on their soil.

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

Cuba is one of the most ANTI-AMERICAN country on the Western Hemisphere...i wouldnt be surprised if we do have intel on them giving aid to such terrorists groups....:idea:

I just don't see what they would gain. And who would back them up? Maybe they are anti-American, but so is nearly every other country on this planet, all thnx to *ahem* Bush. While it is true that they have been involved in some terrorist activities especially back when the USSR was still alive, it is no reason to go on some vendetta mission.

On a side note my brother visited Cuba and he said he an awesome time there. So obviously it seems to me the people there aren't going support any terrorism against America even if some of them dont like us. My bro said people are generally happy there. Why would they disrupt a relative peace between our two countries? Possibly greed on the leaders part but Castro has enough sense not to step to us, but I'm sure the people there are content to have us as their neighbors, it is only ignorance and/or paranoia that would make you think otherwise.

I just don't see what they would gain. And who would back them up? Maybe they are anti-American, but so is nearly every other country on this planet, all thnx to *ahem* Bush. While it is true that they have been involved in some terrorist activities especially back when the USSR was still alive, it is no reason to go on some vendetta mission.

On a side note my brother visited Cuba and he said he an awesome time there. So obviously it seems to me the people there aren't going support any terrorism against America even if some of them dont like us. My bro said people are generally happy there. Why would they disrupt a relative peace between our two countries? Possibly greed on the leaders part but Castro has enough sense not to step to us, but I'm sure the people there are content to have us as their neighbors, it is only ignorance that would make you think otherwise.

dude, wake up,-- history, and world opinions were not formed with bush jr. I hate his guts, but man- youre in la la land

Originally posted by raver_mania

"expanding" this axis is bullshit and stupidity. Lets finish the wars we've started, and not be *too* eager to spread "democracy" around the world, lest we become that what we hate most - a dictator.

I saw an interesting interview on channel 13 a few months ago with some author that was saying how a country needs to have a "Democratic state of mind"(that's not how the author put it I just can't remember how he did) before it can be "converted" to democracy. Like when we revolted against the British in the late 1700s we as a country had a "democratic state of mind" and he was saying how Iraq and for that matter Cuba, though he never mentioned Cuba, would need this state of mind before they would be able to form a proper democracy. The author went into further detail but I don't remember the details, I wish I had the transcript because this guy was really on point.

On a side note my brother visited Cuba and he said he an awesome time there. So obviously it seems to me the people there aren't going support any terrorism against America even if some of them dont like us. My bro said people are generally happy there. Why would they disrupt a relative peace between our two countries? Possibly greed on the leaders part but Castro has enough sense not to step to us, but I'm sure the people there are content to have us as their neighbors, it is only ignorance and/or paranoia that would make you think otherwise.

bro u are soooooo disattached from reality it aint funny...what would they gain? what did Al-Queda gain? NOTHING...they did it just to kill Americans (their personal Jihad)...Cuba has LONG been Anti-American and still are...their people might not be (and trust me bro they ARENT that happy over there), but their govt' is...USSR might not be around anymore, but u dont think Russia still contacts Cuba? u DO KNOW that the Lourdes Listening Station in Cuba is STILL OPERTIONAL TODAY? why would a country that has "nothing to gain" still operate an advanced and Russian aided listening station 90 miles south of the US? they wanna listen to our radio stations? PLEASE!! oh btw...i think i know what i am talking about...at least about this subject....

u DO KNOW that the Lourdes Listening Station in Cuba is STILL OPERTIONAL TODAY? why would a country that has "nothing to gain" still operate an advanced and Russian aided listening station 90 miles south of the US? they wanna listen to our radio stations? PLEASE!! oh btw...i think i know what i am talking about...at least about this subject....

Im sure you know what you're talking about and they obviously have that station there to spy on us, seems that they are as paranoid of us attacking them as we, well you, are of them. Im sure that we have similar listening stations monitoring them as well. I would be wondering why we spend so much on our military if we didn't.

Also we have imposed trading sanctions that are a leftover from the cold-war which to me are completely meaningless today. It doesn't make sense that they are the only country in the world, at least to my knowledge that we have an embargo with. So it is not only them who are playing bad neighbor. In fact I don't know anything that they have done to us in recent memory.

I don't see a paralell between Cubans and AlQaeda. I suppose they both hate us, but that's where it stops. AlQaeda are religous fanatics they thought that because they have the backing of Allah that they could somehow destroy us, Cubans on the other hand do not have that religous zealotry.

I would be very suprised if Castro would aid terrorism. Very very suprised.

I would be very suprised if Castro would aid terrorism. Very very suprised

REALLY?? bro for real...read ur history books...the man is involved, in one or another, on ANYTHING against the US...always has...always will....as far as the embargo...do u think if we opened up trade sanctions, do u REALLY think that any of those people (Cubans) would reap any benefits? if u do...ur more out of touch than i thought....

I could see him turn a blind eye. But after the response we gave AlQaeda I don't think Castro is that suicidal. If he was to be involved in the planning of an attack even a fraction of the scale of 9/11, how would we respond? He knows the consequences.

REALLY?? bro for real...read ur history books...the man is involved, in one or another, on ANYTHING against the US...always has...always will....as far as the embargo...do u think if we opened up trade sanctions, do u REALLY think that any of those people (Cubans) would reap any benefits? if u do...ur more out of touch than i thought....

DOn't waste your time. Xpyrate really has no clue what he is talking about....on any subject. That is not an insult, just facts.