Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon's BAD Reviews

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to say this.. Look at the 2 clubs in NYC that put the most people in the rooms during the weekend. They are- ARC and SoundFactory. Now before anyone goes ballistic about how they feel about the clubs/crowds/dj's of these venues let me say this... These clubs are Music driven. They are centered on THE MUSIC. The way a club should be. ARC doesn't even SELL drinks and SF well..... But thats besides the point. My point is this. Look at how many people go to these clubs EVERY weekend. Case Closed.

Originally posted by diezel56gd

from what ive been hearing crobar has ceased its construction..ran out of money. this is coming from a very good source whos lookin to get the security for the place. dont know how true it is though.

AMAZING!

These stories get funnier and funnier. Tell your friend whose looking to get the security for our club that spreading these kinds of rumors will not help him get the job?

Anyway just to clarify, the construction has stopped because the work is almost done. we are now in the final stages of work which now includes fitting the furniture,painting, Installing the sound system, lights and fixtures.

We are still planning on opening November 20th which may change by a few days. but the CROBAR is almost complete.

I have to say that when we read these stories from the Crobar office, it just makes us laugh at what rubbish people love to spread around.

Originally posted by john62

The New York club scene has changed so much that it's no longer JUST about the DJ's anymore. It's about the TOTAL experience and that includes how people are treated and how they are made to feel when they go to your club.

100% agreed. I am not "dissing" on complaints, rather I've asked people to send specific ones to me as well via PM. I was making a message board generalization, whether it's here, NAUGHTYBOOTH.com or the GU boards - everybody loves to complain.

We've actually followed up on complaints from the board and are taking care of business to ensure a happy club experience.

John62 - your points on clubland NYC are completely on point. I believe in all the things you are saying and now we're just trying to do them. Let's talk more offline. Check you PMs please.

I figure lot of management/promoter in these new clubs are my age, late 20's who used to be the club kids at, limelight, arena, sf, tunnel, et al. After seeing what had work, you figured they will know what to do to make the place happening. I got no prob with clubs trying to be upscale and all that but you got to realize the VIP market thrives it might see obvious, IMPORTANT PERSON, u're not very important if u're sitting in a VIP section that takes up half the size of the club which means u're just as important as the other 50%.

VIP thrives in a place where there is a line of 500 ppl waiting outside and you get to waltz right in. Focus on turning your place where you can have 500 ppl waiting outside and the VIP market will open right up. If you focus your business on the VIPs, there won't be no 500 ppl waiting to get in.

Guest saleen351

avalon is owned by the lyons group. Two brothers who own 31 venues... They were appraoched to buy club space. If avalon fails, it's no big deal to them..