Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your Ancestor's?

georgym

Have any of you ever done research into your family tree/ancestor's?//?

I've been fortunate to have quite a rich family background. I just find it so interesting and inquisitive. You get to know so much more about a person based on their family tree.

Well, I have ancestor's that fought in the Civil War. It was a band of brothers and cousins knows as "The Fighting McCooks". there is a museum about them in Columbus, Ohio, and the fought for the North :D

How about you's?/?

don't have to do much research... there's only like 20,000 people in my town in sicily and there's only 6 last names...I just got back from there like 2 weeks ago... it doesnt seems like anything ever changed.....My mother and father and me were all born there as well as all my uncles and grndparents...its pretty safe to assume that I'm probably inbred.....:eek:

Originally posted by smokesum

im a descendant of Alexander the Great

for real?/?

Oh, and my great grandfather was the 1st captain of the football team at Yale

My dad's great grandfather helped sign the Brazillian declaration of independence

and one side of my mom's ancestor's are gypsies :cool:

Originally posted by gmccookny

for real?/?

Oh, and my great grandfather was the 1st captain of the football team at Yale

My dad's great grandfather helped sign the Brazillian declaration of independence

and one side of my mom's ancestor's are gypsies :cool:

well my last name comes from Alexander the Great...he might not be my great great great great great great great grandfather..but i thinik im in his bloodline

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

alexander the great was of greek orthodox faith..ur croatian..as in Catholic...unless u wana admit ur really a Serb...come on....come on..admit it to me...make me feel goooooooood

:D

actually Alexander the Great was around before the GREAT SCHISM...he wasnt Greek Orthodox nor Catholic

yesee blessav peder :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Have any of you ever done research into your family tree/ancestor's?//?

I've been fortunate to have quite a rich family background. I just find it so interesting and inquisitive. You get to know so much more about a person based on their family tree.

Well, I have ancestor's that fought in the Civil War. It was a band of brothers and cousins knows as "The Fighting McCooks". there is a museum about them in Columbus, Ohio, and the fought for the North :D

How about you's?/?

my great grandfather had to get illegal docs that said he was in the army in order to leave germany cuz he didnt wanna fight for the kaiser

Originally posted by xpyrate

my great grandfather had to get illegal docs that said he was in the army in order to leave germany cuz he didnt wanna fight for the kaiser

wow, that's sick :eek:

My grandparents were invaded by the Germans. They were in Belgium.

But my mom remembers being a little girl and seeing the American soldiers bringing little chocolates from America, and even though it was food, she didn't like the taste of american chocolate compared to belgian :laugh: