Clubplanet Nightlife Community

space 34= liars

nico1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I agree that nobody forced me to spend $30 cover to attend Space 34's "closing party." But when I show up and see a list of dates through December, the first thought in my mind was...

we should schedule a public appearance in which we all stone PUIG and his lying cohorts (or maybe the club's new management).

Especially after a posted "pity me" letter on Clubplanet saying that he's closing shop due to bad media. Well, Puig, what sort of media are you going to get now, clown???

And just to set the record straight, Oscar G. sucked balls!!! It was just a pandemonium of awful, mind numbing bass and beats. Of course that kind of garbage will please the poseurs, trendies and juiceheads who showed up just cause it's a "closing party" with name dropping in full effect. How many people in there really knew who Danny Tenaglia is?

And, sorry to disappoint Danny, but I've heard you play 10 times better at Vinyl (Arc) on a saturday morning around 7am. That party is all about music once the clowns leave and it's just the househeadz.

The white sheet effect...old news guys. Not only was it copied from Space Ibiza, but it's been done at a club in Athens (Greece) and in Mykonos (Cavo Paradiso).

But how can anyone expect it to be any different in a city as materialistic as Miami???

I am hoping that people will start to realize how old the "superclub" formula is getting. Look at Cream and Gatecrasher in the UK. Why does Miami always seem to lag 5 years behind modern times?

The Space 34 "closing party" was a fiasco. Hopefully others will realize what Puig (or whoever was responsible, maybe new management?) did to lure in the crowd. A closing party with Erick Morillo, a second closing party with Danny Tenaglia (one of my favourite dj's) and at the door, a list of events spanning the time from now until December.

YOU LYING PIECES OF SHIT!!!

Originally posted by fended

werent you the guy that at one time was banned and even had the ban deodarant as your sig?. and had many many jokes at spaces expense. but u get hired by them and out come the johnnie cochoran of space:rolleyes:

with pod and nexus as defenders space has nothing to worry

yeah, that was me.... ironic... but then again, u would have to know the reason why I was banned and the reason behind my comments and jokes. I never had a problem with the space concept, just a problem with some employee;s and the way the made space look like shit. but now they are gone from there, well they been gone from space for while now. Remove the cancer the everything gets better.

I just HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SAYING THE TRUTH ABOUT THINGS..!!!!

and who said I was deffending it? Like always, just expressing the truth...

;) good memory.. I still have that ban stick with the logo.

See, the thing is though, if you read the boards and so forth, there's no reason to say that they were lying. The uninformed general public may have that reaction, but I wouldn't expect it from this group. And in a sense, it was a closing party, the name Space 34 is no longer in use. The signage is being removed this week, and in the next few weeks another sign will go up.

And Space 34 could not un-book these DJs without serious consequences...since the club is changing voluntarily and not being forced to do so, the DJs contracted have to still play. If Space 34 was closed by the government, there'd be a different story.

Again, I'm just glad the place is open under some name for the foreseeable future...I'm getting the feeling that aside from ownership, the employee base will be the same at the building, and it'll be the same.

As far as Miami clubs being five years behind, that seems to be the blanket statement..I'm sure Europe is this clubbing wonderland, but at the same time, that's a blanket statement...I've been told good and bad things about being over there, just like in Miami...and if Miami's five years behind, why do the European clubgoers come here and give good marks to crobar, Space 34/whatever it'll be named, Nerve, and so forth?

I'm sure they do the sheet thing elsewhere, but who cares? I'm sure there's stuff in our clubs that gets imitated elsewhere.

oh by the way.. space was going to close it's door for atleast 2 or 3 weeks while the changes were made. But the noticed that breaching the contrats was going to a bigger headach. so that why everything is the way it seems now.

But I remember going to a meeting at space with all the employee's and being told that Space will be closing for a few week untill the new plan come into effect. and whoever took over well hopfully take on and the old space employee;s.

so no it wasn't a lie. there was no secret with-in space's walls.

but all people can do is assume.

it's in ur DNA to assume....

Originally posted by philippio

Ok, I agree that nobody forced me to spend $30 cover to attend Space 34's "closing party." But when I show up and see a list of dates through December, the first thought in my mind was...

we should schedule a public appearance in which we all stone PUIG and his lying cohorts (or maybe the club's new management).

Especially after a posted "pity me" letter on Clubplanet saying that he's closing shop due to bad media. Well, Puig, what sort of media are you going to get now, clown???

And just to set the record straight, Oscar G. sucked balls!!! It was just a pandemonium of awful, mind numbing bass and beats. Of course that kind of garbage will please the poseurs, trendies and juiceheads who showed up just cause it's a "closing party" with name dropping in full effect. How many people in there really knew who Danny Tenaglia is?

And, sorry to disappoint Danny, but I've heard you play 10 times better at Vinyl (Arc) on a saturday morning around 7am. That party is all about music once the clowns leave and it's just the househeadz.

The white sheet effect...old news guys. Not only was it copied from Space Ibiza, but it's been done at a club in Athens (Greece) and in Mykonos (Cavo Paradiso).

But how can anyone expect it to be any different in a city as materialistic as Miami???

I am hoping that people will start to realize how old the "superclub" formula is getting. Look at Cream and Gatecrasher in the UK. Why does Miami always seem to lag 5 years behind modern times?

The Space 34 "closing party" was a fiasco. Hopefully others will realize what Puig (or whoever was responsible, maybe new management?) did to lure in the crowd. A closing party with Erick Morillo, a second closing party with Danny Tenaglia (one of my favourite dj's) and at the door, a list of events spanning the time from now until December.

THE WHITE SHEET MAY BE COPIED ,BUT IT WAS THE FIRST TIME DONE HERE THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO KNOW IT WAS COPIED FROM THOSE PLACES IS CAUSE YOU ARE IN THE BUISNESS, AND AS OTHERS IN THE BIZ WISH YOU OWNED A CLUB LIKE SPACE34 WITH THE SUCCESS IT HAS ACHIEVED . WE GO TO SPACE TO HEAR GREAT MUSIC ,AND EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NO OTHER CLUB DOWN HERE CAN GIVE US. I DONT KNOW ABOUT U ,BUT WHEN PEOPLE SHOW UP AND SEE A SCHEDULE OF GREAT DJS TILL DECEMBER THE FIRST THING CROSSES MY MIND IS THAT WE WILL HAVE A CLUB TO GO TO AND DANCE OUR PROBLEMS AWAY, NOT THAT "THESE PEOPLE LIED TO US " I CAN CARELESS AS LONG AS WE HAVE A PLACE IN MIAMI THAT CAN GIVE US THE EFFECT OF IBIZA AND BRING DOWN THOSE DJS THAT NO OTHER CLUB DOWN HERE CAN AFFORD TO BRING. OSCAR G PLAYED AWESOME ON SATURDAY IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS MUSIC THEN DONT GO TO SPACE. AS FAR AS DANNY TENAGLIA WE LOVED HIS SET THIS PAST SATURDAY. OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT LIKE MIAMI CAUSE QUOTE " WE ARE MATERIALISTIC DOWN HERE" I THINK I TALK FOR EVERYONE DOWN HERE WE LOVE MIAMI, THE PEOPLE,THE DIFFERENT CULTURES AND OUR NIGHT LIFE....

Originally posted by gilfabulous

THE WHITE SHEET MAY BE COPIED ,BUT IT WAS THE FIRST TIME DONE HERE THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO KNOW IT WAS COPIED FROM THOSE PLACES IS CAUSE YOU ARE IN THE BUISNESS, AND AS OTHERS IN THE BIZ WISH YOU OWNED A CLUB LIKE SPACE34 WITH THE SUCCESS IT HAS ACHIEVED . WE GO TO SPACE TO HEAR GREAT MUSIC ,AND EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NO OTHER CLUB DOWN HERE CAN GIVE US. I DONT KNOW ABOUT U ,BUT WHEN PEOPLE SHOW UP AND SEE A SCHEDULE OF GREAT DJS TILL DECEMBER THE FIRST THING CROSSES MY MIND IS THAT WE WILL HAVE A CLUB TO GO TO AND DANCE OUR PROBLEMS AWAY, NOT THAT "THESE PEOPLE LIED TO US " I CAN CARELESS AS LONG AS WE HAVE A PLACE IN MIAMI THAT CAN GIVE US THE EFFECT OF IBIZA AND BRING DOWN THOSE DJS THAT NO OTHER CLUB DOWN HERE CAN AFFORD TO BRING. OSCAR G PLAYED AWESOME ON SATURDAY IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS MUSIC THEN DONT GO TO SPACE. AS FAR AS DANNY TENAGLIA WE LOVED HIS SET THIS PAST SATURDAY. OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT LIKE MIAMI CAUSE QUOTE " WE ARE MATERIALISTIC DOWN HERE" I THINK I TALK FOR EVERYONE DOWN HERE WE LOVE MIAMI, THE PEOPLE,THE DIFFERENT CULTURES AND OUR NIGHT LIFE....

:aright::clap2:

Originally posted by nico1

can't believe that they did false promotion

lost total respect for that club,

they are going to have parties until dec. unless the cops bust their ass which I hope because they are nothing else but liars

check out heir website for upcoming events

www.clubspace.com

Twilo would have never done such a thing

honestly ... who cares.. they packed the place ... dont 4get ... clubs are a business to make money ... i honestly think it was brilliant :D:cool: :cool: whatever the deal is !!

Originally posted by philippio

Ummmmm sorry if us "amatuers" thought the sheet thing was cool......most of us dont make it to Spain or Greece very often :rolleyes::blown:

Originally posted by gilfabulous

I:heart:Miami!

"Closing", "Double Closing", "Reopening" whatever you wanna call it, it made for a memorable night & a great party...

at least appreciate it for what is was.

Some of you sh_t on how our locals don't appreciate what they have here at home, but yet some of you sh_t on one of the more successful establishments in Miami nightlife & the dance scene.

ask yourself this..

Does Space 34 improve the Miami scene??

if you are anti-Space, you might find yourself asking yourself this...

Does the absence of Space 34 improve the possibility for success @ my "favorite club"??

:rolleyes:

Big Ups to our supporters!! :aright:

Originally posted by biznation00

"Closing", "Double Closing", "Reopening" whatever you wanna call it, it made for a memorable night & a great party...

at least appreciate it for what is was.

Some of you sh_t on how our locals don't appreciate what they have here at home, but yet some of you sh_t on one of the more successful establishments in Miami nightlife & the dance scene.

ask yourself this..

Does Space 34 improve the Miami scene??

if you are anti-Space, you might find yourself asking yourself this...

Does the absence of Space 34 improve the possibility for success @ my "favorite club"??

:rolleyes:

Big Ups to our supporters!! :aright:

:aright: :aright: :aright: :aright: :aright:

I had the best time at Space on Saturday.

I really did.

Biz, you are the man. Such a host. Very nice to meet you face 2 face.

Luis, no matter what everyone else says, you are one serious business man. I loved it when I saw the line-up for November/December. You should have thought of that one earlier.

Roland really kicks ass. Way better than Ivano. Commercial with good mixing in of underground stuff and re-mixes of songs we all know. i was very impressed. For a patio resident, he is the best I have heard there so far. All it needs is an occasional guest to bring some other heads out. Great to meet you as well Roland.

Danny. Well, I have heard him 4 times before, the most memorable at Simons. He was way more eclectic then. I thought he banged it out too much for my tastes and apparently people felt the same way by the look of the dancefloor at 8am. He said he was going to take us on more of a journey, I don't feel that is what he did. Alot of tribal, too much for me. He did, however, bring out a good crowd. Nice looking people. Not cracked out like usual by 8 am. Could it be because people thought Space was closing? I don't know. All I know is I had a really good time. Can it be repeated? Time will tell.

Joe Budious

Clubland is never boring!!

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

u know at this time next year none of us will care or much even remember what happened at the club formerly called "whatever!!!!!!!!!

y dont u guys just worry about having good times with good peoples and stfu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

:aright: :aright: :aright:

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

I had the best time at Space on Saturday.

I really did.

Biz, you are the man. Such a host. Very nice to meet you face 2 face.

Luis, no matter what everyone else says, you are one serious business man. I loved it when I saw the line-up for November/December. You should have thought of that one earlier.

Roland really kicks ass. Way better than Ivano. Commercial with good mixing in of underground stuff and re-mixes of songs we all know. i was very impressed. For a patio resident, he is the best I have heard there so far. All it needs is an occasional guest to bring some other heads out. Great to meet you as well Roland.

Danny. Well, I have heard him 4 times before, the most memorable at Simons. He was way more eclectic then. I thought he banged it out too much for my tastes and apparently people felt the same way by the look of the dancefloor at 8am. He said he was going to take us on more of a journey, I don't feel that is what he did. Alot of tribal, too much for me. He did, however, bring out a good crowd. Nice looking people. Not cracked out like usual by 8 am. Could it be because people thought Space was closing? I don't know. All I know is I had a really good time. Can it be repeated? Time will tell.

Joe Budious

Clubland is never boring!!

good to hook up with you on Saturday.. Got much respect for what you guys do as I told you then...

Keep it up brah... ;)

I can see Phillips point though...I mean, the point of a closing party is that it will be no more...and yet it will continue...either under a different name or just sporatically.

So closing party was a misnomer. I know Luis got on here and talked about conractual obligations and such...so the party this past weekend was a "closing party for Space34 being open full time".

I sense there will be a "closing party for when Space34 stops being open sporatically" as well...

I can see how that would make some people mad...as it is a GRAY area...and seems to be a way of glomming as much mula as it can last weekend...like a publicity stunt (as I heard mentioned).

and if the owners were changing...the contracts in place would and could be voided...becaus eno one could come after Luis Puig enterprises...or whatever he does business under,...because it wouldnt EXIST....unless it will still exist and this is just a name change, re-organizing plan....

With regards to all the negative attitude, I was just upset that my favorite club was closing! I travel to Miami for the sole purpose of Space or Space34.

I could care less if it does it for promotional purpose, more power to them, they have to make as much money as they can, to keep the place jumping so if that's what they have to do, close it as many times as you like, as long as it STAYS WHERE IT IS!!!

I was sooo bummed when I heard they were closing, I was sending letters to them begging them not to close until at least Holloween, hee, hee, that's when I'll be in Miami!!

So, big ups to Miami for great people and the best Club in the world, from the Big Apple!!!

See you all at ?!!!! :idea: :idea: