Clubplanet Nightlife Community

space 34= liars

nico1

A friend of mine and I were having a discussion about that today...remember when everyone thought house sucks? Now it's here and there's this cadre of trance troopers who will stop at nothing to have Tiësto, AvB, PvD, and so forth week in and week out.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by macfunk19

I want to thank Biz Martinez & Alex Bugaloo for making me feel like i was @ cheers it felt like i knew ever body there. The music was great i remember when oscar.G started working @ space in the red room with his house music. I was into Trance at that time in 1999 when edgar v was doing the blue room. people were saying who the fuck is this oscar g guy he sucks house sucks. I said to them hear it its slower then trance but its kind of funky disco beat to it u could dance better to it any way thanks oscar , edgar, rolly , Biz Martinez , alex Bugaloo for the music. You guys have my support where ever u guys go to Louis. P thanks for all the clubs and music u have gave us Miami club downtown,609 @the beach,609 @ the grove,club Space, And last Club space 34:confused:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Originally posted by gilfabulous

THE WHITE SHEET MAY BE COPIED ,BUT IT WAS THE FIRST TIME DONE HERE THE ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO KNOW IT WAS COPIED FROM THOSE PLACES IS CAUSE YOU ARE IN THE BUISNESS, AND AS OTHERS IN THE BIZ WISH YOU OWNED A CLUB LIKE SPACE34 WITH THE SUCCESS IT HAS ACHIEVED . WE GO TO SPACE TO HEAR GREAT MUSIC ,AND EXPERIENCE SOMETHING NO OTHER CLUB DOWN HERE CAN GIVE US. I DONT KNOW ABOUT U ,BUT WHEN PEOPLE SHOW UP AND SEE A SCHEDULE OF GREAT DJS TILL DECEMBER THE FIRST THING CROSSES MY MIND IS THAT WE WILL HAVE A CLUB TO GO TO AND DANCE OUR PROBLEMS AWAY, NOT THAT "THESE PEOPLE LIED TO US " I CAN CARELESS AS LONG AS WE HAVE A PLACE IN MIAMI THAT CAN GIVE US THE EFFECT OF IBIZA AND BRING DOWN THOSE DJS THAT NO OTHER CLUB DOWN HERE CAN AFFORD TO BRING. OSCAR G PLAYED AWESOME ON SATURDAY IF YOU DONT LIKE HIS MUSIC THEN DONT GO TO SPACE. AS FAR AS DANNY TENAGLIA WE LOVED HIS SET THIS PAST SATURDAY. OBVIOUSLY YOU DONT LIKE MIAMI CAUSE QUOTE " WE ARE MATERIALISTIC DOWN HERE" I THINK I TALK FOR EVERYONE DOWN HERE WE LOVE MIAMI, THE PEOPLE,THE DIFFERENT CULTURES AND OUR NIGHT LIFE....

:D WOW.... Well said!!!

The funny thing is yeah the big name dj's have certian contracts that Space would lose big if they canceled. But most the other contracts that space deals with would be null and void after the closing. This would give them a chance to get out of some things, if they wanted to. All in all lets just wait and see what happens. Most places don't do to well after "reopening" even if it is only the name that changes.

Originally posted by ogmiami

He called me when he decided to close the club. He was planning to close after Morillo (BTW - Is Morillo considered shit by your group as well?). He had actually planned a vacation. He spoke to DT and DT wanted to close the club he opened. LP decided to do it and now you call him a liar. When he printed the Morillo flyer he really thought it would be the end........does that make it a lie when the plan changes? He thought he would be able to do a transfer quickly and have the new management honor the pending contracts.

With the amount of experience LP has in the business I find it hard to believe that he would just assume the next group that takes over space34 would honor his contracts and not consider how space management would look they announced a closing party, where even the guestlists were closed to his loyal space patrons (I read this on the board), and space were actually not closing. Even if it was a last minute decision I'm sure with his experience he would've had the forsight to see something like this might happen down the road and would've givin it serious consideration before announcing the historic space closing party.

On a side note:

I'm not a hater like some would probably label me cause, god forbid I say something negative about space. In the past I've said some really positive things about space and the way I've been treated there. On the flip side whenever I feel mistreated by space I will also voice my opinion. The problem is that everytime something negative is brought up on CP about space the CP space cadets label the people complaining as haters. Some might reply, "if you don't like space then don't go". Well my response is that I do like space and that's why I'm complaining! Please stop resorting to the space hater logic and start accepting peoples criticisms.

Originally posted by a-ron

The funny thing is yeah the big name dj's have certian contracts that Space would lose big if they canceled. But most the other contracts that space deals with would be null and void after the closing. This would give them a chance to get out of some things, if they wanted to. All in all lets just wait and see what happens. Most places don't do to well after "reopening" even if it is only the name that changes.

i cant wait for the reopening parties

that will be one great 2 month party