Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James Lavelle

ninsin

umm james lavelle isn't that much of a great dj. He is a great producer though. his GU was mixed electronically. From some sets i've heard, and from what a lot of people have told me is that, he can't mix and that he usually uses sound effects to transition from one track to another.

• 11 months later...

James Lavelle is a FIECE Dj and pimp guy. I just recently saw him at Tonic in Charlotte, NC on July 17th. He was off the hook. Definately one of the best shows I have seen in the last year. I would recommend everyone checking him out. He has such a diverse eclectic style that anyone could get into from house, 80's, Rock n Roll, and even hip hop. He was encored back behind the decks at like 5 in the morning and definately kept the dance floor packed till sunrise. His GU Cd is great but the bootleg I have from the show is even better. On his encore he busted it out with a remix of "smells like teen spirit" followed by "black star nation" by the white stripes. It is unreal!!! If you'd like me to email the file so you can listen to it yourself just hit me up at CLErasmus@netscape.net

Isn't, I mean wasn't Unkle a duo between James Lavelle and DJ Shadow? Or did Lavelle keep the name Unkle after DJ Shadow took off? DJ Shadow did drop the Unkle project if I'm not mistaken, right? Because if he didn't and he's gunnu be here :bounce:

Although Lavelle is a badass in his own right, so i wouldn't mind seeing just him. But Shadow is in a whole other league.

Met him last summer @ Fabric in the dj. booth. People really seem to respect him at that club. People really respect him in general all around london. Really nice guy who enjoys simple conversations on records, musica and all-arround chit-chat.