>>How do you Define LOVE?

glowgrlnyc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dgmodel

Some might say "Love is just a false conception of hope for a better plane of existence. Don't mistake it for something real, Because in reality Your just fooling yourself..."

damn....that sucks....totally depresses me because thats probably true... :(

Originally posted by xpyrate

Yes, but can you define love in concrete terms like you could a physical object? If you cannot then it is not real.

Just because something cannot be defined in absolute terms does not mean it doesn't exist. It simply means that our vocabularies are lacking.

In fact... language can not properly describe *any* kind of emotion... so, following the logic above... none of us could ever be happy or sad about anything... get pissed off at our boss or stupid coworkers...

Language is only an approximation, not an absolute.

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

damn....that sucks....totally depresses me because thats probably true... :(

and scienifically, how is that explained in lesser primats and such..that can be viewed as protective and monogomous... like

penguins, and lobsters...

love is not a single entity, it evolves over time, and there are many variants. thus one definition can not suffice.

i think there are some really good comments in this thread pertaining to love (especially the one about hurting when it leaves) but i don't think you can describe what love is in words... there's a great line in "white oleander" about how you can't put certain emotions and feelings into words because it just doesn't do them them justice...

I'll say this for a 100th time. U cannot Love if u don't know God for God is Love. No one can experience the bliss and ecstacy their heart longs for because of blockages/filth that accumulated in your heart over many lifetimes.

When a person begins to unclog his heart (purifyin it) It will beat much faster and pass blood through your sex organs and brain at such Tremendous amounts that your gonna feel your in heaven. + you'll reach that heightened feelin of Kama Sutra or whatever they call it nowadays with no hassle.

God says "And I will dwell in them, and they will be my ppl and I will be their GOD"

Love will dwell in u ppl!

No one can describe GOD as no one can describe LOVE because they're one in the same.

Originally posted by dogekid

i think you're right, but i think the original question was more geared around love towards another person

I wasn't talkin about religion dude. Heck.. i'm an aetheist. But i learned it on my own that in order for a person to show/have PERMANENT LOVE (one that never fades or grows sour) u need to know it and it = GOD. This is all for another person.. Trust me I learned it the hardest way, through pain and suffering beyond comprehension.

Originally posted by darlok

I wasn't talkin about religion dude. Heck.. i'm an aetheist. But i learned it on my own that in order for a person to show/have PERMANENT LOVE (one that never fades or grows sour) u need to know it and it = GOD. This is all for another person.. Trust me I learned it the hardest way, through pain and suffering beyond comprehension.

u seem to have come out of whatever hell it was a more enlightened person at least.

Originally posted by dogekid

u seem to have come out of whatever hell it was a more enlightened person at least.

U got that right!!! Blessed are the pure of heart for they will see GOD. Jesus said that :) Everyone's pure of heart btw. Read about "Twin flame Love" Anyway enough about that.

I'll say this for a 100th time. U cannot Love if u don't know God for God is Love. No one can experience the bliss and ecstacy their heart longs for because of blockages/filth that accumulated in your heart over many lifetimes.

When a person begins to unclog his heart (purifyin it) It will beat much faster and pass blood through your sex organs and brain at such Tremendous amounts that your gonna feel your in heaven. + you'll reach that heightened feelin of Kama Sutra or whatever they call it nowadays with no hassle.

God says "And I will dwell in them, and they will be my ppl and I will be their GOD"

Love will dwell in u ppl!

No one can describe GOD as no one can describe LOVE because they're one in the same.

That makes me want to :puke:

If love and god are the same, how can I believe in Love and not God?

U got that right!!! Blessed are the pure of heart for they will see GOD. Jesus said that :) Everyone's pure of heart btw. Read about "Twin flame Love" Anyway enough about that.

you may be on to something but at this point i think youre confusing two totally different entities...

Here is some info I found that may clear up a few things as far as types of love and in regards to religion or seperation there of the two ideals.

Found this source on the internet, so take it for what it's worth.. :)

Philios Love is the first of the four loves. It is a human love that is very selfish in nature. Stemming from man's innate desire to be accepted and loved, it is selfish in nature and expects reward in loving the beloved.

Storge Love, the second of the four, is more of a maternal type of love. It too, is a human type of love. Though less selfish than Philios, it expects reward for loving the beloved as well. It is a more solid type of love, being instinctual in nature, but nonetheless, it must be "rewarded" to keep on loving.

And, finally, there is Eros Love, another human type of love. This is more of a physical type of love, yet it can also be nonphysical in nature. It too, is very self serving, and expects reward for loving. It is the love that is most often abused and misused, and confused for "love" when in fact, it is not "love" at all, but lust. This is the love that Hollywood has made billions on, tons of books and articles have been written about, and poets have pined and lamented over her beauty.

Eros, as well as Philios and Storge, can be very beautiful loves. A close friendship, a bonding between parent and child, or lover and beloved, and a sexual union of man and woman as One Body.

All three of the above named loves are human in nature, meaning that they do not "need" God to exist. They do exist on their own, either seperately or in conjunction with one or both of the others. But, being "human" types of love, they tend towards entropy and wither and die, as all things human must die. Unless they find a way to be cohesive to each other, by a Bond beyond human strength and understanding, it is their destiny to dissolve, dissipate, and die.

Fortuneately..there is a Supernatural Element that can and does bond the three loves together in an Eternal way. That Supernatural Glue is Agape Love, or...God's Love according to hebrew text.

Imagine a world without love.

Even the darkest most pessimistic people may say " i can deal without love", but when it ACTUALLY leaves, they will be :shake:

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing, so love can get sour.

But love is blind, so it's easy to let it get to that level. Love is blind in that way, and love is blind since it's in the eye of the beholder

L O V E