Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Stryke/Signal Sessions begins this Saturday @ Maze

stryke303

Hi all,

just wanted to give a quick reminder that this Saturday marks the beginning of The Signal Sessions @ Maze. While it is the beginning of a residency @ home for me, I also consider it a new oppurtunity for South Florida to open its ears, hearts, and minds to something new. The Signal Sessions is the cumilation of all my experience playing all over the world the past few years. I really want to take that experience and have it here at home. Playing the music that I truly love. I know that there is so much jadedness out there..."i thought maze was closed," "techno is weird," "greg dances funny," "it's not this genre or that genre." all i ask is that you come out and give it a try. i'm putting my heart and soul into this. the website is now live and we will try to make it as interactive and informative as possible. i'm already working on bringing some guests down at least once a month including: bryan zentz, dj t-1000 (alan oldham), kevin saunderson, and a ton more...but i can't do it without you guys. again, i would like to thank aj candelaria for always pushing for me, eddy guerra for believing, and rich and stacey @ maze for giving us the chance. maze is such a great venue. don't let all the little politics we see so often on this board ruin what can be an incredible weekly. please PM me for guestlist info and any questions you may have. let's do this together and show the rest of the globe that we are, indeed, awake...

much love,

stryke

_the signal sessions starts here_

signalsessionsindex.gif

Kevin Saunderson is the shizznit. Can we bring the entire Detroit team of Saunderson, Derrick May, Juan Atkins? Also Underground Resistance, with Jeff Mills. I would be in heaven, taking me back to the old days of seeing them in Motown and being the youngest person in the club.

bump for Stryke

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Kevin Saunderson is the shizznit. Can we bring the entire Detroit team of Saunderson, Derrick May, Juan Atkins? Also Underground Resistance, with Jeff Mills. I would be in heaven, taking me back to the old days of seeing them in Motown and being the youngest person in the club.

bump for Stryke

working hard on being able to bring all those guys down. of course jeff is crazy expensive, but with the support of the miami crowd, anything can happen. a guy can dream, right? but i am working on a great guest roster. i've already reached out into the techno community to get some of the guys (and girls) who we love so much to come down and play (adam beyer, marco carola, misstress barbara, etc...).

I came up with an idea while I was sleeping this morning. In the spirit of giving back to the community, I've decided to have the Signal Sessions pick a different charity every week and donate some money to them. Where will the money come from? From you! I'm going to keep a jar next to me in the DJ booth. Everyone is encouraged to drop some cash in the jar. At the end of the night, I'll count it up, and write a cheque to the charity of the night. NO, this is not some cheap ass way for me to make a little more cash. Those of you who know me, know that I'm sincere in this effort. We spend so much of our time partying, that we sometimes forget that there are people out there who are less fortunate. This is our way as a club/music community to give back. For the kickoff of Signal Sessions, this week's charity will be The Camilus House. I will also be trying to organize a group volunteer session soon to go over and help out with kitchen duty. Let's get together and help out our community and have a great time doing it as well. Please PM me for more information. Again, before some of the cheap shots fly, this is not a scam to make money to put in my pockets, the venue's pocket, the promoters' pocket, etc... I'd have to be a total doody hole to try and pull something that low. I actually care about people and the world around me, and I know you do too.

much love,

Greg

the signal sessions starts here signalsessionsindex.gif

heya eric,

great idea. how about that being next week's charity? i am contacting the miami chapter of the parkinson's foundation as well. do you have a contact at the american cancer society? let me know. i'd be happy to have them as next week's charity. also, i've updated the website to show which charities we are giveing to, and how much we've donated, just so people know that it's for real.

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Man Greg you are stand up guy. This is such a great idea. Giving back to the less fortunate while still making great music and fun for us.

If we can do a charity deal for the American Cancer Society in the future let me know.:)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

good question...i will research that for ya (no pun intended);)

lol ;)

also, for this week's charity, the camillus house (www.camillus.org), here's a wish list they have of some items they need. if any of you wish to donate anything here, please bring it, or contact them...

The Camillus House Wish list

Camillus Health Concern

· Laminator film for photo ID services

· Stand-alone computer with CD-ROM for medical reference texts

· Walking canes

· Medical reference books

Camillus Life Center (addiction recovery program)

· Tickets to movies, theatre and sporting events

· Recreational and sporting equipment

· Alcoholics Anonymous/Narcotics Anonymous books, videos and other materials.

Project SafeStreet (AIDS/HIV outreach educational program)

· Compact TV/VCR combo

· Volunteer Program

· Video camera (to make training video for volunteers)

Camillus House Emergency Services (industrial kitchen)

· Stainless steel prep tables

· Stainless steel shelving

· Appliance dollies

· Towels (for the shower program)

Camillus House Administration

· Cubicles/office partitions

Originally posted by stryke303

i'm already working on bringing some guests down at least once a month including: bryan zentz, dj t-1000 (alan oldham), kevin saunderson, and a ton more...but i can't do it without you guys.

great stuff Greg. looking foward to your night @ Maze. It's about time somebody takes a chance. I'll be there to show my support.

very much looking foward to Barada and Kevin Saunderson. BIG IT UP!

much love..

btw, the flyer is rocking.