Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sleep-Saturday 10/25

Tonight at Sleep, resident D.J. Chris "In the Mix" Sammarco spinning today's hottest music. Last week was very busy with tons of beautiful women in the crowd. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for news regarding the debut of a major remix I just completed for a well known artist due out in Nov/Dec.

Hopefully Saturday nights are better than Friday night. I agree that there were alot of people, but the music was BORING!!! Oh-and how do you not welcome other people in the industry?? I bartend at Deko, and I still had to pay a 8 dollar cover. I can't tell you the last time I paid to walk into a Jersey club (thank you to all of the other clubs I have been to that waived the cover fee, and bought me and my friends a drink) All that I am trying to say is do not piss off the people in the biz because we are the ones with the biggest voices in the industry. If we feel insulted, then we are the ones who talk the most. Good Luck to Sleep! I will never set foot in there again

Originally posted by tracitee

Hopefully Saturday nights are better than Friday night. I agree that there were alot of people, but the music was BORING!!! Oh-and how do you not welcome other people in the industry?? I bartend at Deko, and I still had to pay a 8 dollar cover. I can't tell you the last time I paid to walk into a Jersey club (thank you to all of the other clubs I have been to that waived the cover fee, and bought me and my friends a drink) All that I am trying to say is do not piss off the people in the biz because we are the ones with the biggest voices in the industry. If we feel insulted, then we are the ones who talk the most. Good Luck to Sleep! I will never set foot in there again

Very Well Said.

I haven't been there yet on a Friday, but I can assure you that Saturday's are doing great. Last week was very busy and there were tons of beautiful people in the crowd. The dance floor was packed until last call and there was tons of energy in the room. As far as the club coutesy issue goes: Anyone from the industry that would like to come by on a Saturday can e-mail me at inthemix@att.net and I will make sure you are on my guestlist, even if I have to pay your cover out of my own pocket.

Chris "In the Mix" Sammarco-Resident Saturday night D.J.-Sleep

Thank You Chris for your offer (we have spoken about this before) but that is exactly my point---why should you have to pay out of your pocket? Many clubs insist that their staff maintain an active guest list just to keep your job. As bartenders, DJ's, dancers ect....you are mostly asked to work someplace because you have a good following. I guess Sleep feels like they are too good for this type of business, and their name alone will pack the place. A word to the wise--nothing has survived in that building--from clubs (detours) to restraunts (too many to mention). You might want to give up a few bucks at the door to keep your name out of the mud!

Ive brought the same issue up to the man and am working on getting some in the biz cards. I had some djays fromplatinum in on thursday and brought it up. You are absolutely right because us bartenders and nightclub staff are the best type of voices a club needs to maintain a good rep. The door on friday is also ran by a promo team not club staff so they are also being talked to. Its early and more and more things are being worked out everyweek so please keep the positive vibe and the parties will keep coming. You can also contact me through here for guestlist because you gotta take care of your own.

--chris great job last week see ya tonight.

----Bartender w/ the mohawk

i got there a little after 11 p.m and the was no parking :mad: i ended up circling the area a couple of times till i found a spot at the construction site across the street. man! there's tons of traffic on that road. i was crossing the road at full gallop..i think i had to cross two roads to get there. the funny thing is, when i was running across the road, there was a dude hot on my heels trying to dodge traffic too...turns out it was a valet guy. i wish they had better/larger parking..but there's no real estate for that. and please insert a hip hop in the mix once in a while.... that techno stuff rattled my eardrums....they are still ringing:(

Hopefully Saturday nights are better than Friday night. I agree that there were alot of people, but the music was BORING!!! Oh-and how do you not welcome other people in the industry?? I bartend at Deko, and I still had to pay a 8 dollar cover. I can't tell you the last time I paid to walk into a Jersey club (thank you to all of the other clubs I have been to that waived the cover fee, and bought me and my friends a drink) All that I am trying to say is do not piss off the people in the biz because we are the ones with the biggest voices in the industry. If we feel insulted, then we are the ones who talk the most. Good Luck to Sleep! I will never set foot in there again [/quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M GETTING A LITTLE SICK OF THIS ISSUE. WE DO HONOR THE '

"CLUB COURTESEY" I STOOD AT THE DOOR FOR A GOOD PORTION OF THE NIGHT AND I HAD TO COMP AT LEAST 20 PPL IN THE

"SO CALLED BIZ"

NOW, LET ME ASK YOU, HOW DO YOU PROVE THAT YOU WORK IN THE BIZ???

DO YOU CARRY A PAY STUB FROM DEKO'S PAY ROLL??

DO YOU HAVE A BUISNESS CARD FROM DEKO W/ YOUR NAME ON IT?? I DOUBT IT.

NOW, I DON'T WANT TO COME OFF NEGATIVE, IT JUST SEEMS LIKE I COMP EVERYONE I CAN, AND ITS JUST NEVER ENOUGH.

IM SUPRISED THOUGH....YOU WERE SOOO QUICK TO POST ON THIS BOARD, ITS OBVIOUS YOU READ IT, WHY DIDN'T YOU PM MYSELF OR BADASS???

SEEMS LIKE IF A COMP WAS SO IMPORTANT, YOU READ THE BOARD, AND YOUR IN "THE BIZ" YOU WOULD HAVE READ THE POST ABOUT DREAM FRIDAYS, WHICH SAID PM MYSELF OR BADDASS FOR GUEST LIST INFO.

I PROMISE YOU, SHOOT ME A PM, AND I'LL COMP YOU AND YOUR CREW. DON'T TAKE THIS REPLY PERSONALLY, IT'S JUST A TOUCHY SUBJECT.

Originally posted by vip-tech

Hopefully Saturday nights are better than Friday night. I agree that there were alot of people, but the music was BORING!!! Oh-and how do you not welcome other people in the industry?? I bartend at Deko, and I still had to pay a 8 dollar cover. I can't tell you the last time I paid to walk into a Jersey club (thank you to all of the other clubs I have been to that waived the cover fee, and bought me and my friends a drink) All that I am trying to say is do not piss off the people in the biz because we are the ones with the biggest voices in the industry. If we feel insulted, then we are the ones who talk the most. Good Luck to Sleep! I will never set foot in there again [/quote

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M GETTING A LITTLE SICK OF THIS ISSUE. WE DO HONOR THE '

"CLUB COURTESEY" I STOOD AT THE DOOR FOR A GOOD PORTION OF THE NIGHT AND I HAD TO COMP AT LEAST 20 PPL IN THE

"SO CALLED BIZ"

NOW, LET ME ASK YOU, HOW DO YOU PROVE THAT YOU WORK IN THE BIZ???

DO YOU CARRY A PAY STUB FROM DEKO'S PAY ROLL??

DO YOU HAVE A BUISNESS CARD FROM DEKO W/ YOUR NAME ON IT?? I DOUBT IT.

NOW, I DON'T WANT TO COME OFF NEGATIVE, IT JUST SEEMS LIKE I COMP EVERYONE I CAN, AND ITS JUST NEVER ENOUGH.

IM SUPRISED THOUGH....YOU WERE SOOO QUICK TO POST ON THIS BOARD, ITS OBVIOUS YOU READ IT, WHY DIDN'T YOU PM MYSELF OR BADASS???

SEEMS LIKE IF A COMP WAS SO IMPORTANT, YOU READ THE BOARD, AND YOUR IN "THE BIZ" YOU WOULD HAVE READ THE POST ABOUT DREAM FRIDAYS, WHICH SAID PM MYSELF OR BADDASS FOR GUEST LIST INFO.

I PROMISE YOU, SHOOT ME A PM, AND I'LL COMP YOU AND YOUR CREW. DON'T TAKE THIS REPLY PERSONALLY, IT'S JUST A TOUCHY SUBJECT.

Also Very Well Said. Its damn near impossible to always take care of everyone. You do what you can, and if someone had to pay to get in, then you try to take care of them in other ways. Im sure your doing the right thing. Keep it up, Best of luck with the party.

If Sleep is going to last, they have to do something with the concrete floors. Its very unattractive, not very classy either. Hardwood floors look much better. MrInTheMix I see you are the dj on Saturday nights, you gotta stop with the shoutouts and birthdays every 10 minutes unless you are going for the Poor Billys or Paradox crowd. Beautiful people do not hang out with the local crowds.

Sleep has potential with changes, but it does not have a vibe at all yet. Bring in Denny Tsettos on a Saturday and you'll get more than a vibe.

Originally posted by sexyfukncritic

If Sleep is going to last, they have to do something with the concrete floors. Its very unattractive, not very classy either. Hardwood floors look much better. MrInTheMix I see you are the dj on Saturday nights, you gotta stop with the shoutouts and birthdays every 10 minutes unless you are going for the Poor Billys or Paradox crowd. Beautiful people do not hang out with the local crowds.

Sleep has potential with changes, but it does not have a vibe at all yet. Bring in Denny Tsettos on a Saturday and you'll get more than a vibe.

I would like to thank everybody for their feedback, whether it be positive or negative. There are several issues I would like to address. First, I would like to comment on the shout outs and happy birthdays. Anybody who knows me can tell you that I absolutely hate speaking on the mic. However, if management or a birthday party of 50 people, as we had last week, ask me to do a shout out, etc. it has to be done. Second, I would like to address another misconception in the music business. Most people bash certain D.J.’s for playing too commercial or too progressive, etc. What most people don’t realize is that most clubs have a set musical format for each night. For example, some clubs have one hip-hop night, one progressive night and one mainstream night. Regardless, the bottom line for a D.J.: look at the type of crowd that is in front of you and play whatever type of music is required to keep the floor full and keep the crowd in the room until last call. At Sleep on Saturday’s, I play a lot of vocals, several abbreviated sets of hip-hop and reggae, and progressive house, because that is what works for the crowd I have. If I played the music I wanted to play all night, the room would be empty before midnight. As a comparison, when I played at Abyss, I played mostly progressive house with small amounts of vocals and no hip-hop or reggae. It all depends on the club and the type of crowd. Guys who refuse to adapt to the crowd they have in front of them are not going to have much longevity in this business. Lastly, I would like to thank the entire Sleep staff and management for their support and look forward to many more successful Saturday nights.

Chris “In the Mix†Sammarco

Dear Mr. VIP TECH and associated crew,

As BIG TIME PROMOTERS new to the area, don't you think it is wise to get into your car and drive 3 miles south to your biggest competition and check out DEKO Lounge. Since you spend alot of your time waiting for pm's to put people on your guest list, maybe you should see where EVERBODY in the biz is really hanging out. Does Denny Tstettos, or Ritchy Santana ring a bell? I am not trying to be a bitch, all I am saying is it is important to RESPECT! The first week Sleep was open, i went to the door and said I worked at Deko----the answer I got?? "Why are you not there now?"This is not an issue of 8 bucks, it's an issue of knowing whos who, and whats what. Thank You and good luck.

You go Traci!!!

As BIG TIME PROMOTERS new to the area, don't you think it is wise to get into your car and drive 3 miles south to your biggest competition and check out DEKO Lounge. Since you spend alot of your time waiting for pm's to put people on your guest list, maybe you should see where EVERBODY in the biz is really hanging out. Does Denny Tstettos, or Ritchy Santana ring a bell? I am not trying to be a bitch, all I am saying is it is important to RESPECT! The first week Sleep was open, i went to the door and said I worked at Deko----the answer I got?? "Why are you not there now?"This is not an issue of 8 bucks, it's an issue of knowing whos who, and whats what. Thank You and good luck.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBVIOUSLY, YOU ARE HALF RETARTED, SO I'LL GO SLOW....

A - SERGIO IS A VERY GOOD FRIEND OF MINE, SO OFCOURSE I'M FAMILIAR W/ DEKO YOU RUBBA HEAD

B - DENNY TSETTOS & SANTANA HAVE SPUN FOR ME ON NUMEROUS OCCAISIONS AT MY OTHER VENUES, SO I AM FAMILIAR W/ THIER WORK AS WELL

C - MY POINT IS IT IS VERY EASY FOR ANYONE TO SAY "HEY, CAN I GET A COMP, I WORK AT ABYSS" WE HONOR CLUB COURTESEY

BUT PEOPLE TRY TO TAKE ATVANTAGE OF THIS SYSTEM.

D - I KNOW WHO SAID "WHY ARE YOU NOT THERE" AND THAT IS COMPLETELY INAPROPRIATE. THAT HAPPENED 1 WEEK BEFORE WE TOOK OVER.

E - SORRY FOR THE HOSTILITY, JUST A WEEE BIT HUNGOVER FROM CLUB DEEP LAST NITE. ONCE AGAIN, PM ME & I'LL COMP YOU ALL.

THAT IS ALL

THIS ISSUE IS DEAD TO ME

I have to hand it to Jeff and the guys at Elite. Last minute, they came onboard to a somewhat different situation and made a very successful go of the Grand Opening party without a dj like Tsettos or Santana. Since that time they have shown a lot of respect at the door and the instance in question was previous to them or another night besides Friday.

Jeff what are you going to be for Halloween?

If all goes well, we may need a Ms. Lifestyles Grill, lol. I have to talk to you about a promo night idea I had in mind. Something I was thinking about, gotta see what you think.

HEy Verve...Relax Sparky...Seriously.

There are many people in this scene that are educated and very successful in the outside world.

Tracitee just bartends at Deko fro some extra income...not because she cant do anything else.

She is a very educated woman with a Degree. So relax with the comments.

I think your comment was out of line, and extreamly unprofessional. I am an educated women with a degree. The only "retarted" person here is the one doing the name calling. This ISSUE is as dead as your club in 6 weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YET, YOU HAVE NOT ANSERED MY QUESTION.

ALSO, YOU HAVE A DEGREE IN WHAT, ALCOHOL MIXOLOGY??

COME SEE ME IN 6 WEEKS, IF YOU'RE LUCKY I'LL GIVE YOU A REDUCED ADMISSION PASS.