Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ba-bye Grady

groovefire

Little will not return to Red Sox

By Gordon Edes, Globe Staff, 10/27/2003

Red Sox officials told Grady Little late this morning that they will not renew his contract for next season, ending his term as Red Sox manager after two years, according to a source with close ties to Little.

An official announcement from the club is expected later today.

Little was let go after guiding the Sox to within a game of the World Series. The Sox fell, 6-5, to the Yankees in Game 7 of the American League Championship Series, and fans widely blamed Little for leaving ace pitcher Pedro Martinez in the game too long.

A search for a successor is expected to begin immediately.

now that i am not as pissed off (but still not happy) i am not sure how to feel about this.

i'll just keep blaming it on the curse for now. i hope the hell they find a competent coach that can make the proper decisions and have the same chemistry/bond with the players as grady. uuggghh i hate sports sometimes.

what would really be nice is to see $teinbrenner go mental and fire torre and the sox can then pick him up :D

Don' t talk smack about the Jets, we are in a lil rut right now. Hey xl Bobby V would def be a good fit because he takes no crap and holds players accountable. All Joe Torre is a good luck charm with the best coaches and highest payroll in the world. Make him manage any other club he goes .500, I loved Bobby V when he was w/ my Mets hated to see him go.

Good Luck Sox fans.

OH last thing we were 2-5 last year and won the division just a matter of time before your Pats and Dolphins collapse HAHAHA.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Originally posted by lelo

Don' t talk smack about the Jets, we are in a lil rut right now. Hey xl Bobby V would def be a good fit because he takes no crap and holds players accountable. All Joe Torre is a good luck charm with the best coaches and highest payroll in the world. Make him manage any other club he goes .500, I loved Bobby V when he was w/ my Mets hated to see him go.

Good Luck Sox fans.

OH last thing we were 2-5 last year and won the division just a matter of time before your Pats and Dolphins collapse HAHAHA.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

hey hey no talkin smack about the jets or pats, i just mentioned the jets lost(because i watch for the other AFC East teams to lose) but back in the day i really really despised the jets, now i am back to just not liking them(but sometimes i say i hate them but it's nothing compared to hating the yankees) :D FYI YOU TOOK MY CURTIS MARTIN, BITCHES LOL!

HAHAHA its all good hun i do not hate the Pats i hate the Dolphins and their fans more than anything. Do not go to Miami to watch a football game we had an all out brawl down there, all white trash.

I just want to start more drama, how bad is JP lololol, i mean iam gonna sell out and go to factory this sat but its for the T and A that will be running rampant throughout the place. 1issa what do u think of that? HAHAHA.

haha JP and his 'looping' technique. i LOOOOVE JP he RIIIIIIPS IIIITTTTTTTTTT SIIIIICKKKKKKKKKK. and i couldn't agree more, i hate miami and their fans. i almost went to the pats/miami game 2 sunday's ago i prob would have gotten into a fight :laugh: