Dj Mag's top 100 djs revealed tonite @ 12am

biznation00

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by CHRles

Say what you want, and believe what you want to believe, but the results are highly regarded by the worlds top promoters as the offical poll for the worlds leading DJs

the day oakenfold is better than EM, DD and DT then shoot me...:idea:

and dt, dd, em will out pull oakenfuck every day of the week and twice on sunday...

Say what you want, and believe what you want to believe, but the results are highly regarded by the worlds top promoters as the offical poll for the worlds leading DJs

:blah: :blah:

Most promoters I know would consider it a load of horseshit.

That's where you're wrong Pod - most promoters see this list as a strong indication of pulling power. Remember most promoters do not live in Miami...

It's not about who's most technically skilled, otherwise Carl Cox would still be number one for 10-11 straight years now.

DJ Mag is based out of England, and therefore the DJs who were able to pack and make the biggest impression on England's megaclubs and major club nights did well. The DJs who held residencies in popular Ibiza clubs over the summer did well.

The age of the voters has also surely been DROPPING over the years as interest in DJs grew, and especially now that you can vote online and dont even have to read or buy DJ Mag.

Voting for House DJs has been fairly consistent, generating similar results over the last few years. Its been a great year for Trance DJs, but the big shift in the way the Progressive fans are voting is what should really stand out here. look at where Timo Maas was on this list two years ago and compare it to now. Face it - a lot of the newer Nu Breed DJs are having a hard time with consistency, with the exception of guys like Sasha & Digweed, or their proteges (cough*James Zabiela*cough). Too many Progressive DJs are focusing on Nu Techno or pseudo Progressive Techno...which leads more Progressive heads to simply vote for real Techno DJs instead.

Originally posted by happyface

cuando?

15 november 2003

it might be an early b day gift. My b day is the 24 nov 2003. So it's a thought. I have abuddy that Lives in Panama that will meet up with me....IS it cold that time of year there? it would be my first time.

Originally posted by bobbalou

15 november 2003

it might be an early b day gift. My b day is the 24 nov 2003. So it's a thought. I have abuddy that Lives in Panama that will meet up with me....IS it cold that time of year there? it would be my first time.

dam your lucky wish I can go,I have alot of family over there.

As for the weather the cold weather is almost gone but it rains alot at this time of year but hopefully for you,when you do go to Argentina it wouldnt be that bad,still take a sweater or long sleave shirts just in case........

Originally posted by rcrespo

one of my biggest gripes about the entire thing is where the fuck did Oscar place? I know its a popularity contest , but people around the world love MURK ..

its sad...i have the new "Remix" mag...and it reviewed the new Murk album...they apparently didnt like it too much:rolleyes:

Originally posted by djbruno

I think this shit is rigged... I mean, who votes for this shit. So many really great Dj's that didn't even make the list, yet some people you don't even see anymore are in there...:no:

i agree !

where's oscar g

where's fucking craze you can't tell me he's not a top 100 dj

guys, guys, settle down..

The dj top 100 is kinda like when Tiesto comes to town.. One person tells the next person, "hey, there's this dj @ 34 by the name of Tiesto playing this weekend". " I hear he's real good & everyone is gonna be there".

The same concept applies to the dj top 100. I think you can figure out the rest. ;)

It's definitely NOT rigged you guys. I'm sorry but Craze??!! If anything, why is Icey not on that list. I'll tell you why - he doesn't travel abroad. I'm sorry, but if you're mainly playing the US club circuit chances are you didnt make the Top 100 DJ list. In Oscar G's case, he has a weekly residency in Miami, which is great, but in a way it limits great DJs like him. Look at the DJs ranked in the top 10, do any of them hold a weekly residency? Digweed has a monthly, but not a weekly. To get your name way up there you need tunes ppl get excited about, perhaps some productions that are getting massive support, maybe a record label you're heading, a weekly radio show, and you need to constantly be on the road all over the world. That's why certain New York DJs never make this list...

It's definitely NOT rigged you guys. I'm sorry but Craze??!! If anything, why is Icey not on that list. I'll tell you why - he doesn't travel abroad. I'm sorry, but if you're mainly playing the US club circuit chances are you didnt make the Top 100 DJ list. In Oscar G's case, he has a weekly residency in Miami, which is great, but in a way it limits great DJs like him. Look at the DJs ranked in the top 10, do any of them hold a weekly residency? Digweed has a monthly, but not a weekly. To get your name way up there you need tunes ppl get excited about, perhaps some productions that are getting massive support, maybe a record label you're heading, a weekly radio show, and you need to constantly be on the road all over the world. That's why certain New York DJs never make this list...

True.

Not my cup of tea, but where is Tom Stephan? :confused: just to give one example. :blank:

Btw ... the only ones keeping their same spot were Tiesto and Howells, 1 and 12 respectively.