Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you're a dj or promoter...

philippio

Actually, the second one on my list got me into playing records in the first place. In the space of 2 years, I accumulated about 500 records. The DJ culture one, I haven't read yet. But I've ordered it. And I didn't know about Clubland until someone posted how good it was on here. I read it in about 3 days and I loved it. The little knowledge that I have, I picked up going out and watching dj's and asking about records that were played. I'm not talking about big name dj's. I've never talked to them.

And hey, there's nothing wrong with picking up a good book and reading by the pool.

How To DJ Properly

Honestly this is THE best book ...

Which is not available in the US yet (as far as I know)... It even shows how to start a pirate radio station

And I'm not bashing someone for trying to educate themselves on what they love....

If more of the general public would learn to READ & remove their head from their own ASS... They just might learn something about what they CLAIM to be!

:blank:

Funny how most "Clubbers, DJs & Promoters" have no Idea who is accredited for starting House Music...

Originally posted by biznation00

Thanks guys.. but I've learned all I need to know from Movies like "Groove" & "Go"... :laugh:

It's when I first learned John Digweed was a dj. All those years I thought he was a really big, popular promoter.. I like him alot now... Thanks to Groove. :blank:

Remeber the glow sticks? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Remeber the glow sticks? :rolleyes:

remember?? How could I forget!!

I would watch the TV screen behind me while I would stand in front of my mirror twrilin' them around & around (practicing) with the lights off. I personally enjoyed the pink glow ones. They light up real nice. The major buzz kill was when my mom would walk in the room & flip the lights on while I was in action. Kinda feels like when the cops pull you over & you notice the flashing lights in your rearview mirror after coming home late from a really cool party. These cool parties are called "raves"...

Thanx Groove!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by carlaorellana

I recommend a movie: 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE...

It's a great picture about the Manchester punk rock scene in the early 80's, about how New Order (then Joy Division), Happy Mondays... legendary Factory Records and The Hacienda :eek: were created.

:cool:

What fantastic movie. It filled some gaps for me, as I am a fan of New Order/Joy Division as well as the early Manchester Punk scene (ie my beloved Cult), and onto the electronic scene. It was all a progression, and it was all connected. I'm taking holiday there one summer in the not to distant future, to soak up the rich music history that I revere so much .

Thx for the reccomendations everyone, even tho I've already earned my stripes, one can always learn more!

Originally posted by b-side

If more of the general public would learn to READ & remove their head from their own ASS... They just might learn something about what they CLAIM to be!

:blank:

Funny how most "Clubbers, DJs & Promoters" have no Idea who is accredited for starting House Music...

I'm soooo confused... I thought Tiesto is where it all started? He's the best house dj in the Universe! And Razor & Guido should get back together because they too are solely resposnsible for the origins of house music!!???

:confused:

Mixmag....Muzik...Mixer..DJ Mag....JockySlut..URB..M8...Ministry Mag...BPM....DJ DB's compilations of The Best of House n Techno..back in 92...Swedish Egil..Richard Humpty Vision's Power Tools Show in LA....Pete Tong's radio show tooo....The internet..

cool people that love underground dance music...local djs.....all have enable me to learn more about this thang we call DJ CULTURE....n this is just the begining for Miami..a long time comming ..but Murk boys..Stryke...Acosta...have already but the blue print on the table for the history...Actually History is being made as we speak..and I promise you they will write about it somewhere in the future......