Clubplanet Nightlife Community

True Life : I Have A Friend With Benefits

echostar

i hate the term

i hate the fact that my 11 year old niece knows the term

i hate that the term is a clear sign of the moral decay going on in america

...i'm not an idealist nor a puritan - but this is just out of hand...not hating either, it's just simply not me...i wont deny that it exists, but popularizing the term even further on such a heavy medium is just sad...

Originally posted by phatman

i hate the term

...i'm not an idealist nor a puritan - but this is just out of hand...not hating either, it's just simply not me...i wont deny that it exists, but popularizing the term even further on such a heavy medium is just sad...

while i agree that your 11yr old niece doesn't need that in her vocabulary, i'm a little unclear as to how its a clear sign of "moral decay"

don't get me wrong... this is the first time i've ever seen the words "moral" and "america" in the same sentance... but i would think the random hookups would be more of a "sign" than friends who have sex....

Originally posted by joeg

while i agree that your 11yr old niece doesn't need that in her vocabulary, i'm a little unclear as to how its a clear sign of "moral decay"

don't get me wrong... this is the first time i've ever seen the words "moral" and "america" in the same sentance... but i would think the random hookups would be more of a "sign" than friends who have sex....

...Great point...:aright:...

...i do not perceive casual sex as a sign of strong moral fibre...lol...i have found that people no longer want to "work" in a relationship...we are more apt to take convenience over perseverance because we live in a "now" society...compromising what i believe to be moral issues in doing so...you dont sleep with your friends...you either have a girlfriend or a boyfriend and then your friends...i attach those definitions to morality - whether right or wrong - and the willingness our society maintains to deem this ok scares me... the sense of what is right and wrong has been fading over the decades....i could list numerous examples but that's not the point...imo this is just making matters worse....real or not real, i dont like it...

edit - random hookups and sleeping with friends are both wrong in my book...they're both on a shitty scale in my book - just one worse than the other...

<--- old weird man

i hate the term

i wonder if other people with 11 year old nieces hated those costumes with priests being sucked off? i wonder how they explained those on halloween.... hmmm...

Originally posted by nympho69

i wonder if other people with 11 year old nieces hated those costumes with priests being sucked off? i wonder how they explained those on halloween.... hmmm...

...i dont think that's a fair comparison...lol...in my case alone, i didnt go out until after midnight so if any children caught sight of my costume, then there was an even bigger problems going on there....and i would pretty much assume that not too many people went door to door or in public at a decent hour with those types of costumes....and further...lol...it's parody...it's making fun of a real problem - moreso to show just how bad things are and a sign of disapproval...this show isnt making fun of the problem, but more than likely, giving acceptance to the problem...in any case, it's all shitty...the fact that all of this is going on is sad...

...i do not perceive casual sex as a sign of strong moral fibre...lol...i have found that people no longer want to "work" in a relationship...we are more apt to take convenience over perseverance because we live in a "now" society...compromising what i believe to be moral issues in doing so...you dont sleep with your friends...you either have a girlfriend or a boyfriend and then your friends...i attach those definitions to morality - whether right or wrong - and the willingness our society maintains to deem this ok scares me... the sense of what is right and wrong has been fading over the decades....i could list numerous examples but that's not the point...imo this is just making matters worse....real or not real, i dont like it...

edit - random hookups and sleeping with friends are both wrong in my book...they're both on a shitty scale in my book - just one worse than the other...

<--- old weird man

fair enough... i don't agree or disagree... i'm still trying to find my moral fibre... ;)

Originally posted by nympho69

...there was a devil at one place that looked me in the eye and said, "I'll be seeing you soon." , to which I replied, "You're damn right you will!"....lmfao....fuck it, for those that had something to say, I either reminded that it was halloween or the obvious fact that it wasnt me that partook in such behavior - vent your shit to the vatican and the priests...lol...

lol exactly... get a sense of humor... satire/parody isn't wrong, its mock of the actual wrong...

very well done, nick.

<--- old weird man

... Let me ask you a question Nick..and you think about it long and hard. No lying to yourself...

...If you had the chance to be 'that guy' ...yano, the one who got ass 24/7 and never seemed to get in trouble for it.. The guy who had all the chips thrown his way all the time.... would you take it?...

...I for one would say Yes...and I know, in your heart of hearts you would too... You would have probably banged a good 95% of the female friends you've had in this life if they hadn't chucked you into that dreaded 'friend' zone....I know I would have...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

... Let me ask you a question Nick..and you think about it long and hard. No lying to yourself...

...If you had the chance to be 'that guy' ...yano, the one who got ass 24/7 and never seemed to get in trouble for it.. The guy who had all the chips thrown his way all the time.... would you take it?...

...I for one would say Yes...and I know, in your heart of hearts you would too... You would have probably banged a good 95% of the female friends you've had in this life if they hadn't chucked you into that dreaded 'friend' zone....I know I would have...

...lol...not at this point in my life...i had my fun - different back then perhaps - i had hookups but they were not "friends" or "random" - but fun nonetheless...idk man...i've had a lot of female friends...even lived with one...and i just could never see hooking up with them - i was able to see beyond that - i didnt want to jeapordize the longterm for the shortterm...blah...i hear ya, but believe it or not, that's not what i would want right now...