Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New info on Privilege Club

erickamikaze

goog luck in that part of the beach

btw, we feel we bring real house as well

derrick carter, ron trent (just 2 that we have brought that have been doing house b4 they called it house)

If you bring techno, bring laurent garnier!!

If this has anything to do with priviledge Ibiza it should not be a problem. If this is another Space (miami) Ibiza club name copy cat, I actually agree with Saleen (i can't believe I just wrote that)

Which club was formally in the space? Union lounge?

someone help me out on this one

jb

Yeah you're special huh? Let's see you put up a nightlife website of that calibre, you elitist pig. Besides, the article in question is just an overview of what is coming up, not a detailed history of the artists playing there.

Let me guess, you probably one of these techno-purists who think anything outside of the 313 area code is blasphemy and that anyone who reports on techno or techno clubs does not have a clue. I'm not gonna get into the various histories of the people behind the site, but let's just say you're totally trolling up the wrong tree, and preaching to the wrong choir here. Not everyone who is media is necessarily clueless...that's the magic of the internet, people who have a clue can post about it.

You're probably so busy trying to be non-elitist that you've come full circle and are an elitist bastard yourself...you might as well wear Gucci and Versace and sip martinis at Mynt, because like it or not, you have more in common with those you despise than you think.

Guess what though, your little elitist scene isn't going to remain elitist for long. People are looking for new sounds besides the basic four on the floor and vocal loop, or the frilly buildups...and techno is a likely style where these people will go....the lights are coming on in your little underground paradise, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it...Believe me, when Privilege opens, I'll be there front and center, and a day or two later, there's going to be exposure about it. Techno goes public, oh no, head for the hills!!!!

I'm sorry, but music isn't meant to be closed up like that...I'm sure your DJs and artists will agree too...maybe you should listen to them a little more carefully.

:cool:

signed,

pod

capitalist pig (oink oink baby)

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

Aquabooty brought derrick to Rain.

Does this club have anything to do with ibiza?

That was a great night, Derrick threw down.

I second the motion...bring back DC....and someone please, please book DJ HEATHER:idea:

Originally posted by pod

Yeah you're special huh? Let's see you put up a nightlife website of that calibre, you elitist pig. Besides, the article in question is just an overview of what is coming up, not a detailed history of the artists playing there.

Let me guess, you probably one of these techno-purists who think anything outside of the 313 area code is blasphemy and that anyone who reports on techno or techno clubs does not have a clue. I'm not gonna get into the various histories of the people behind the site, but let's just say you're totally trolling up the wrong tree, and preaching to the wrong choir here. Not everyone who is media is necessarily clueless...that's the magic of the internet, people who have a clue can post about it.

You're probably so busy trying to be non-elitist that you've come full circle and are an elitist bastard yourself...you might as well wear Gucci and Versace and sip martinis at Mynt, because like it or not, you have more in common with those you despise than you think.

Guess what though, your little elitist scene isn't going to remain elitist for long. People are looking for new sounds besides the basic four on the floor and vocal loop, or the frilly buildups...and techno is a likely style where these people will go....the lights are coming on in your little underground paradise, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it...Believe me, when Privilege opens, I'll be there front and center, and a day or two later, there's going to be exposure about it. Techno goes public, oh no, head for the hills!!!!

I'm sorry, but music isn't meant to be closed up like that...I'm sure your DJs and artists will agree too...maybe you should listen to them a little more carefully.

:cool:

signed,

pod

capitalist pig (oink oink baby)

Your Wrong

Again as usual, dont cry, dont have to stick up for your site i never knocked it, all i said was its not good for techno news.

techno wont go anything near public in miami even if your there snappin 1000 pics of the night noones going to care about you or ur camara, that scene isnt about the papperazzi spotlight.

Im not about beef or that CP bullshit all you guys play with eachother.

so i suggest u watching what u say to me..

thanx

You must be thankful for that then...I can grab a few images for archival purposes, and then move on to a more profitable party where I'm not gonna be lynched for not knowing every track thrown down and what the difference between Derrick Carter and John Acquaviva's styles.

But there's no need to make an assumption like that though...the report wasn't on techno, it was on a club opening that happens to play techno. I'm sure if you repent and give me three hail marys, and run around the 600 block of South Beach 4 times wearing a sign that says "I SHOT BIGGIE" I'll maybe forgive you and put in a good word with CJ Central Command and you can write an article and educate all of us misguided souls on what techno is all about, and why we're not good enough to listen to it.

I still think you're a musical-elitist though.

Originally posted by pod

You must be thankful for that then...I can grab a few images for archival purposes, and then move on to a more profitable party where I'm not gonna be lynched for not knowing every track thrown down and what the difference between Derrick Carter and John Acquaviva's styles.

But there's no need to make an assumption like that though...the report wasn't on techno, it was on a club opening that happens to play techno. I'm sure if you repent and give me three hail marys, and run around the 600 block of South Beach 4 times wearing a sign that says "I SHOT BIGGIE" I'll maybe forgive you and put in a good word with CJ Central Command and you can write an article and educate all of us misguided souls on what techno is all about, and why we're not good enough to listen to it.

I still think you're a musical-elitist though.

if your not the biggest character on the board,

i havent said anything about not allowing people to listen to music, or if anyone wasnt good enough to listen, there u go making assumptions.

You must thing ur not good enough, its funny how theres always people who dont know anything about a certian topic but yet they rather talk the talk then take interest in it, yet they have the balls to call other musical-elitists.

and to answer your question , yes im a musical - elitist if you wanna call me that, you could be one to if u did less talking and more listening :D

Originally posted by il0vetechno

, yes im a musical - elitist if you wanna call me that, you could be one to if u did less talking and more listening :D

Don't give me your "wise-man" bullshit.

I don't want to be one. I could really give a shit about every track the DJ plays, and what styles are "hip and edgy" I like what I like and who cares if it's "mainstream" or "underground". If I like a specific track I'll find out who did it, but I'm not one of these vultures who knows a Chris Liebing set back to front and side to side. I'd be hard-pressed to name any track he drops. I'll go and check him out, and then I'll tell ya...but don't ask me for the entire set list. A friend of mine put it well last week ... "Going out is supposed to be about having fun, not being a pathetic trainspotter all night!" (paraphrased...)

I'm gonna go to Privilege, check out the sounds, and most importantly, have a good time!

Pod man, I don't think anybody is being an elitist here, some people are just more open minded to more interesting music, and just can't get into the same stuff everybody else is playing, the problem with that music is not just because too many people like it, it's just not very interesting, in fact it can be down right boring!

We wish everyone could get into more interesting music and give it a chance, then there'd be a lot more interesting choices out there, every night of the week, not just once in a while... but anyway the important thing is that you're going to Chris Leibing, and hopefully a lot more people follow your lead, and take a chance, and give a chance to something fresh and different... instead of just going down to Space to worship the same old thing all the time... and while you're in that neighborhood stop by PM Sessions too, I've seen you write some nice things about it, but really haven't seen you there very much....

I have mental issues? It took you this long to figure it out? Stable I'm not, buddy. I really should be in anger managment, but thanks to a lax court system, I'm not. :laugh: Everyone knows I have issues. I'm not gonna go out and deny it. Hell, you've got issues, I'm guessing...maybe your mommy didn't love you enough, maybe the pervert in the park had a present in his pants for you one fine day, I don't know...

Ooooh I'm negative, well listen, I'm not gonna blow sunshine up your ass 24/7. The world isn't all sunshine, lollipops and rainbow gumdrops...outside of your little happy world it's pretty shitty out there!

So go fuck yourself already! :cool: