Clubplanet Nightlife Community

News Flash...bliss Rescued By Deeper Substance!!!

philippio

Originally posted by pod

there's some track out there where there's a spoken word vocal that goes "Progressive isn't progress and progressive isn't house"

progressive may not be progress, but house music about house music ("the sermon," "roots roll call," "song for shelter," et cetera) isn't exactly expanding our collective horizons, either.

I think all you pasty-pale-skinned, nothing better to do than post on this board and whine people should shut-down your computers for a day and go to the beach... It's pretty nice out today! :D

And in Jon's defense (even though he doesn't need one)... if you people don't like the way music is evolving, then do 1 of 2 things.... 1) Start dj'ing/producing and/or promoting to give the masses what "they really want" or 2) Stop supporting that kind of music so it will just go away! Period!

There are a ka-jillion different genres of music out there and you are your own master(I hope)... listen to what you want, try new things out and that's that! If you don't like what Jon plays... so be it! I'm sure there's equally as many people who don't like what Demi plays and so on... I have my opinion on EVERYTHING but I have a bit more respect and tend to think that kind of bad energy will only bring bad karma... spend your time wisely!

I've worked with Jon since 1994 and we even used to throw parties together... He's one of the FEW people who do what he does because he enjoys it... I don't mean to air anyone's personal business on here but when you said Jon has $$$ in his eyes when he plays... that's funny! The kid could have anything he wanted and could probably take over the family business and make more money than the owner's of Crobar and Space combined... but he chooses to do what he enjoys... and if you had to deal wit hthe stress of running a nightclub, you'd be pissing $$$ signs... And after all he has tried to do for YOU by bringing in diffferent types of talent and putting together quality parties... you take a personal shot at him and degrade him as a dj and a promoter... I bet you got comp'ed that night too!

:D:D:mad:

Oh yeah... house music' s dead!

:stupid:

i have to admit, i travel from orlando to come see a lot of shows at nerve. compared to the cheesy talentless florida breaks garbage that we are subjected to listening to, miami is a welcome escape. i have seen quite a few shows at nerve, and i have never been dissapointed with the talent that is brought in. the lighting is awesome, the fashion shows rock, and the vibe is a far cry from the stuffy frat atmosphere of borelando. however i would have to agree with phillips comments on john's set. to me it was flat also... dont get me wrong, i have a lot of respect for anyone who gets up everywekk and plays a set, while also trying to maintain the management ends of the club as well, but the set was boring and monotone. obviously each week brings a new and different attitude and set, but some weeks it is there, some it isn't. just my opinion which like everyone else i am entitled to, but fact is, boring is boring. not to mention there were a few off beat mixes and what i felt to be poor timing on some of the other mixes. i regularly am able to here sets by dj's like Three, Grumpy, Brian Busto, Decompression, and any and everyone Three brings into snatch, and i think a lot could be learned by listening to their sets and seeing the way that they change up the tone and pitch of the night and you can never tell just what will happen next. to me that is the kind of set i enjoy going out to hear and enjoy traveling to see.

Originally posted by pod

Phil, there's some track out there where there's a spoken word vocal that goes "Progressive isn't progress and progressive isn't house". The spoken word then goes on to list house DJs..."larry levan, that's house...danny tenaglia, that's house...louie vega, that's house..." and so on...

Tony Humphries use to open a lot of his sets with this track, don't remember if it was done by him though....but I know the track your talking about.

I got one word ..." GROOVEJET "....enough said...To those that know ..cool...To you others...ohh well...But Jon has been an influence to me and my boys since those days...n then with Bliss and the releases of some awesome mix cds!!..Nerve...is great...bringing down dope talent..and featuring local talent..Jon ..you the man in my book for doing what u doo...:cool:

first off, big big thanks to Jon and all the team at Nerve for bringing me out again and I had an absolute blast as ever...can never get tired of playing there and the feedback from you lot has been brilliant

I find now as time goes on in my sets that I just want to incorporate as much diversity in styles and genres which is why I prefer the longer sets as it gives me a lot more scope to do this

I think Jon played a good warm up set that served its purpose and didn't need to be anything spectacular and Jon's past speaks for itself with what he has achieved in Miami

Hope to be back again soon and was great catching up with the familiar faces again

:)

www.deepersubstance.com

How can a thread that starts out as a club review - (NEWSFLASH: everyone is entitled to an opinion on here) turn into such a bunch of shit?

Relax people, everyone has an opinion. Someone heard the set and thought it was flat - whereas someone else heard it and thought it was great! Everyone sees things differently for Christs sake!!!!!!!!

The point is, people went to the club to offer support, keep the scene alive, and most importantly, to have a good time. It sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves regardless of their opinion on the music. If the set sucked that bad, people would have left - but they stayed (regardless if it was flat in their opinion) to support the scene and to hear Demi.

Gees, some of you guys need to get a grip:rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by lolahotass

How can a thread that starts out as a club review - (NEWSFLASH: everyone is entitled to an opinion on here) turn into such a bunch of shit?

Relax people, everyone has an opinion. Someone heard the set and thought it was flat - whereas someone else heard it and thought it was great! Everyone sees things differently for Christs sake!!!!!!!!

The point is, people went to the club to offer support, keep the scene alive, and most importantly, to have a good time. It sounds like everyone enjoyed themselves regardless of their opinion on the music. If the set sucked that bad, people would have left - but they stayed (regardless if it was flat in their opinion) to support the scene and to hear Demi.

Gees, some of you guys need to get a grip:rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you are right on point...

Originally posted by funketeer

Me limpio el culo con tu clubsito de mierda...arregla el baño huevonazo...si quieres la versión en vivo, buscame y te la sirvo en bandeja...tipo Bruce Lee...poca cosa!

:finger:

:eek:

OMG!... WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?

CHILDREN BEHAVE!!!