Clubplanet Nightlife Community

For those who have clubbed in New York and LA

Bling

how do u compare the clubs there with the ones in miami..

by comparison i mean

type of crowd.. energy from crowd...the actual venue .. etc...

just want to know cuz hopefully next year ill go to new york to hit up some nice underground clubs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by il0vetechno

loll

i suggest you go and find out for urself, because you will never get an un biased answer on this board.

but if u really wanna know, NY and LA have vibes that can put space to shame on thier best night

I agree with him... but it's all of what you make of it! You can go to Istanbul and find the "sickest" vibe. I was just recently in NYC and had a great time... went to all the "expected" coomercial crap-holes... you know, like the Spaces of NY, but nothing beats good house music in a small NYC lounge!

People (im my opinion) are more open to all types of music and there aren't as many self-decalred "Armin's Bitches" from what I saw! Just people that like all kinds of music! That goes equally for the pretencious crowds of L.A. too!!!

Originally posted by il0vetechno

loll

i suggest you go and find out for urself, because you will never get an un biased answer on this board.

but if u really wanna know, NY and LA have vibes that can put space to shame on thier best night

:laugh: I would agree . however I think a vibe is a bit more subjective. you can have a great vibe at a pool party. it's merely a question of how receptive you are. ;)

I will say New York has got to be the best place to go clubbing. Nothing like it in the US. I really haven't gone clubbing when I was in LA, but having clubs close at 2:00am and their afterhours consist on closing at 5:00am tells me that the "clubbing" atmosphere would be lame...unless you are rich and famous of course. I would love to go to one of Jonathon Peters marathon sets, Soundfactory was still jammin at 11:00am when we left and that was on a regular night. :cool:

Ok, I would assume LA and NYC are better places to club. I have been to both cities and I consider them to be equally amazing. Seems to be more glitz in LA but more substance in NYC. HOWEVER, I look at the dj lineups in both cities and (especially in NYC since the fall of Twilo) Miami seems to have the best dj's coming to town more regularly. I think that Miami is really hitting it's stride and is beating out the other cities as far as lineups. But being subjective, for those of you who think both or one is better than Miami, what makes them that?

i havent been to LA...but i have been to NYC...and NYC has ALOT more energy than Miami...NYC has ALOT more options than Miami...and they, like us, are frequented by world class djs every week...but here is the thing...since NYC is the city that never sleeps...they have parties (good parties) going on EVERY DAY of the week...they also have THE BEST lounges to go have a drink and listen to some good choons...women are also nicer over there...u can go up to a chic at a club/lounge and talk to them...and they dont give u ANY attitude....unlike here....

Originally posted by Bling

hmm i really need to hit up NYC with a bunch of u guys

lets do this shiznit.............

been trying to get Meli to go for this Dec...but so far, not working...i found a cheap hotel (same one i stayed last time), its very central...right across the street from Madison Square Garden and a few blocks from Times square...for 99 bucks a night....trust me, i have been DYING to hit NYC again...oh well, maybe next year...:idea:

I've hardly partied in NY, but enjoyed the chill vibe of the club and bar scene. L.A. is different than Miami, in the sense that the music changes as the night progresses, i.e., from chill ambient, to hip hop then to dance music in one club. After hours are really where the electronic music is at from my experience. The crowd, I dunno, lots of friendly starlets and rockers, and glam rock cross dressers. I really enjoy myself when I go, and can't wait til next time.

oh, and the clubs are gorgeous, and well maintained...

Never been to clubs in LA or NYC but I doubt none of those clubs,bar,etc will have the same vibe that I went through the " O L D " Space. But I dont discriminate and would love to party in cities all over.....weather its TRANCE,house,breaks,etc just to go out and have a good time.After all thats whats its all about....:cool:

Originally posted by happyface

Never been to clubs in LA or NYC but I doubt none of those clubs,bar,etc will have the same vibe that I went through the " O L D " Space. But I dont discriminate and would love to party in cities all over.....weather its TRANCE,house,breaks,etc just to go out and have a good time.After all thats whats its all about....:cool:

yeah , especially when we go to ibiza next year :D:cool:;):D :D

Miami clubs are better than NY and LA!

I have been to both and theyre great cities but theyre clubs are ok in my book.Thanks to pals like edgar v and ralph i ge to tag along many trips witrh them all over the place. :tongue: i just gotta carry thier records and shine thier shoes:(

LA. nice city. but thier clubs are ok at best. the normal ones close at 3am. weeeaaak for a city like that. the only other major city thats worst for that is Boston which closes at 2am:eek: . i went to GIANt on 6655 santa monica. they have nice lineups from time to time. and waaaaay hot chicks. oh my:love2: but then again i have been to clubs in cities where you dont think there is much ass like clevleland and st louis. and oh my i have come to the conclusion that theres hot chicks every where. back to LA and NY. after GIANT in LA i went to a place called AFTER HOUR POWER. this place has a little bit more of a punch. im sure that there are al ot of phony hollywood places that are good that i just didnt go to. but some movers and shakers out in LA were telling me that the REAL good parties arent at clubs but at mansions and you gotta be in the know.

NY- better than LA. but still not better than miami. yes there are MORE clubs in NY and LA but the ones in miami are kick ass (space rocks) i kid u not and everyone knows it. when u travel thats when u know how people love space. everywhere i went and say that i work(ed) at space they had either been there and loved it or had heard "tales" of it.

when i was in NY i went to Exit for EV and PVD. 7000 people:eek: and hot as a camels ass:( thank god for my ultra vip backstage hanging otherwise i couldnt last 5 min in there. when i tried to walk around impossible. the next day Edgar flew with pvd to DC i think and i stayed behind. the next day i wanted to check out sand factory see what all the hoopla is about. again HOT babes but i felt it was so cheesy. thats just me and jonathan peters is weak. its no wonder why NY djs like hex hector, denny t and JP dont go around besides NY. (yes i know im going to get a lashing for this) sorry it may sound baised but OG kills them and we have soo many types of guest djs here we get spoiled. its a baby Ibiza at times. as promoters from ohio or texas see who they sweat. its not NY or LA its Miami..

so as far as BIG clubs in NY i was not impressed at all. i did love the lounges which back then the hot ones were Pangea and Lotus. im not sure if they are anymore. one thing about those NY lounges is they last 6 minutes each.

If u go to both stick more to places like this. which ever one is "happening" at the time.

I love NY the city. probably my favorrite in the world. especially in fall and december. but i for sure dont sweat thier big clubs. i liketo do other things there like go eat at restaruants and lounge at some hotel lobbies. the hudson - daaaamn.

Miami still has the edge in clubs:aright: :getdown::werd:

wooops. i called *sound factory- sand factory by mistake. my apologies to thier dedicated fans. it was an accident. basically yeah as far as CLUBS CLUBS CLUBS. Miami's space and crobar are superior to ones in LA and NY. and surprisingly to many in smaller cities like houston and dallas and cleveland they have pretty kick ass clubs too:cool: