Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What insurance company do you use?

Originally posted by bklynzzfinest

Im getting a '97 Jetta by months end, so i was looking for insurance companies...

Well... Geico wants to charge me over $8,000 per YEAR !!!

WTF !?

What companies do you all use?

$8,000 per year...hahahahaha wtf kinda quote is that...

i pay $1500 a year on a 98 altima (which i am financing so i have full coverage) and that is all thro Liberty Mutual...

No, I was flipping out when I read it.

4cyl

97 jetta

clean record. No accidents or anything. Hell, I even have defensive driving and AAPS (Ambulance Accident Prevention Seminar) Because I drive an ambulace 2 - 3 time a weeks.

Im a 23 yr/o, single, white male, and I havent had my lic. very long. Only about 2 years.

heres what Geico quoted me:

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxx:

Here is a copy of your GEICO Indemnity rate quote to hang on to.

Total Premium: $4411.00 for a 6 month policy

:mad:

No, I was flipping out when I read it.

4cyl

97 jetta

clean record. No accidents or anything. Hell, I even have defensive driving and AAPS (Ambulance Accident Prevention Seminar) Because I drive an ambulace 2 - 3 time a weeks.

Im a 23 yr/o, single, white male, and I havent had my lic. very long. Only about 2 years.

heres what Geico quoted me:

:mad:

those asswipes

they must die!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

after some wheeling and dealing.

I managed to get a rate of $3560 from progressive. It sucks being a young, single, white, male.

I have a clean record, I have defensive driving, and I drive ambulances. You'd think that would instill some trust in my skills... but nooo... heres the rates I got per year:

Allstate: Wont insure me

Statefarm: 5,460

Geico: Wont insure me

Progressive: 3,560

AIG: Wont isure me

GMAC: 4,184

Merastar: Wont insure me

Any suggestions?

after some wheeling and dealing.

I managed to get a rate of $3560 from progressive. It sucks being a young, single, white, male.

I have a clean record, I have defensive driving, and I drive ambulances. You'd think that would instill some trust in my skills... but nooo... heres the rates I got per year:

Allstate: Wont insure me

Statefarm: 5,460

Geico: Wont insure me

Progressive: 3,560

AIG: Wont isure me

GMAC: 4,184

Merastar: Wont insure me

Any suggestions?

1) Move out of the city or get a relative in the northern suburbs (westchester/Rockland/Putnam) with an adress to register to

2) Get older

3) Get insurance through a special group, like a union

4) Work for an educational institution/go to school (while doing the above)

5) Forego Collision insurance (not possible if you don't fully own the car I don't think...also, not an option for those who don't know how to drive..)...

...You've also got a count against you that you haven't been driving very long (or licensed to rather). Insurance companies usually lower the premium a bit (you can convince them to) every year that you have a policy... Mine have continually gone down as each successive year of uninterrupted coverage goes by. Iv'e been insured in one way or another for the last 7 years.

...Basically, it all comes down to how long you can go without getting an infraction while behind the wheel. Companies want people who can DRIVE to insure...and unfortunately with things like fraud, uninsured foreign drivers, uninsured domestic drivers, cell phones, drunk driving...basically every idiotic mouthbreather ever popped out of the hatch...all out on the road WITH you, you're gonna have to prove to them that they can trust you behind the wheel first BEFORE they'll drop the premium...'

..There's also very little wiggle room when it comes to premium price that brokers can tweak for you to get the cost down. Before, you could get concessions from the various underwriters, nowadays because the insurance industry took a veritable bath on the World Trade Center tragedy (yes, this is still a very big issue, even though talking about Iraq is more 'viewer friendly'..yeah, God bless America...:rolleyes: )..they're very strict on price... This is coming from my father's broker who couldn't work me a deal even though I had Def. Driving courses behind me and a spotless NY drivers license...

... They should at least give you a plus for driving an ambulance.. That shows you can control a big vehicle in NYC traffic without fucking up... That's impressive and deserves a discount...

...Or something like that..:aright:...

• 2 weeks later...

that's crazy, why don't you try liability I'm 24, not married and.. live in Brooklyn, license 3 years theres no way i could afford full coverage. I got a $3100 insurance policy from Geico on 2000 Altima gle like 8 months ago, after i took defensive driver course it was lowered to $2800 and after another 6 months no accidents or tix it is now $2200 (annual).

• 2 weeks later...

i use state farm, my dad works in law and knew some people so he got me the insurance. geiko wanted like 7k a year from me too. i guess thats what happens when you get like 15 speeding tickets in a few years... i have calmed down since then and they actually dropped my insurance to 90 bucks a month :laugh: i am officially an old person/safe driver. i am not complaining though, i still drive like a dick, i just pay less. oh before they dropped it i was paying 170 or so a month.