Clubplanet Nightlife Community

mtv wtf

Originally posted by jerseyclubin

is sound factory really like that??? open on sunday and your allowed in at like 2 in the afternoon??

i never been there but i wana go now?? how much is it and how old u gotta be to get in??? that shit looked mad crowded

This is some sick joke right???:blank:

i hate MTV but man it just proved my point more than any post ive ever written....SF fits every stereotype every said about it....im so glad JP aint spinning the no more so all these B&T clones got nowhere to go ...the only thing that might be better than this is next weeks with "Jersey" clubing if theres such a thing....tonight was like watching a bad car wreck...u just cant take ur eyes off it...next week is gonna be pure comedy...now go ahead and bash me and say im some internet tough guy and all ur nonsense

Originally posted by joecrack13

the only thing that might be better than this is next weeks with "Jersey" clubing if theres such a thing

ooooh oooh....i soooooooo hope they follow Moo around..and they show his pre-club ritual of depleting the ozone layer with aerosol for his dome...oooh pleaseeeeeeee

Originally posted by irenegade7

Now I know why JP got fired. I guarantee you Grant got word that this MTV

thing didn't look good for him. MTV just put the last nail in the coffin of SF.

BTW if I lived on Long Island I would be shooting myself right about NOW.

JP didn't get fired....they had to move him to fridays and he said "NAH DOOD".....so he left..... :(

I didn't think it was all that bad to be honest with you. It really made Sound Factory look like the inceredible place it is inside! Look with factory you either love it or hate it. Those That Love it swear by it, those that hate it bash it.

Could they have done a better job yes, they could of left the pregnant chick out and used someone slse in the midwest like a candy raver, or could have hardcore profiled a DJ...

I dont think it was that bad of a portrayal of SF either, Really the only drug use and mention of it was that cracked out J.P stalking POlish chick that looked like a science experiment gone wrong.

They didnt go into any detail of the rampant drug use inside

they deff gave him the boot, lol

They told him things were not going in the direction that Grant would want the club to go in, With the recent shit that has been NORMAL there for year's now public knowledge, Grant decided to go back to the clubs former root's and they were Gay, and Junior.

Junior was THE SOUND FACTORY,

untill it closed in the 90's junior went from bassline to SF, and held it there for years, ASK any old school NY club kid, or GAY GUY, it was mostly a black Gay club, becoming more white when Jr arrived, story is>

he lost the lease, or some shit, and had to leave, so he went on a search for a new space,

that space is the factory that was know to you guys, the midtown location, After moving uptown, alot of the reg's Felt that the space was way to uptown>

(this was when 27th was the cut off- anything above 30th St was not cool, and to far, from the booming Gay scene downtown)

so alot of people left, and never went back, Jr went else where and later when the space re-opend as "TWILO" jr came back, but Grant>(Richard) had lost his rep, and was now a joke, to most house heads in the city, so he went commercial, doing a straight afterhours, for the preaty juiced up OUT OF TOWN Crowd, lol

anyway> richard's life is his club, and a change was needed before his doors were pad locked

jp was offered a friday slot knowing he would not take it Due to the fact fridays is ran by 3 other large club night's one including > BE Yourself......so he knew it would not work in the long run.

it might of been the thing that saved vinyl tho, but o-well.

bu bye....im sure he will pop up proabally else where, im guessing Deep, Exit, or Roxy. i dont think anyone else is as dumd to hire him anywhere else,

unless he signs with neptunes lol

:laugh: