Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP @ Sahara..what do we think????

What a stupid move on his part. I would have layed low till at least the end of the year. That gives ample enought time to sort things out and set up his next NYC residency.

By playing long island and jersey that is only going to lower his value. If you like him or not he's still a draw.

Just a bad, bad, PR move for him....

Who knows whether this will prove to be a bad move for JP. I have to admit that it does seem a bit strange for him to be spinning at a venue like Sahara. But then again, that place has its share of great dj's (Ojeda, Vicious, Boris, Escape) who come through from time to time. Many (and I mean M A N Y) of JP's die-hard fans are Long Islanders, so I'm sure many of them will make it out to Sahara. The place will most likely be mobbed, so that half-assed, tiny little "VIP" section in the corner of the club better not be roped off.

Personally, I don't think spinning at Sahara is such a great move for JP, at least not at this point in time. I mean, he shouldn't hide out, but laying low for maybe a couple of weeks or a month while working on productions wouldn't have been such a bad idea. Allowing a little time for anticipation isn't such a bad idea.

Guest shortyrockrox

I would love to hear JP at Sahara, but I don't think I am willing to deal with all the BS that comes with it. Actually one of the head bouncers told me last night that JP will be there once a month if everything goes well.

yeah, this doesn't sound too brilliant, he should have taken a well deserved holiday and then come back when all these big clubs are open in Jan and are fighting for the same market....

By playing in LI and NJ he is kind of pigeon-hole-ing himself into the borderline KTU/Cheese house market w/ Vicious and Co.... These new clubs would never consider hiring a resident out of that crowd, and JP def has more clout overall..

Stay away and come back with an underground party with a catchy name..... like Save the Robots?!;)

Sahara is very very tiny. I was there last nite on a reg nite, and i couldnt move. I didnt like the crowd too much either. I cant even imagine what it is going to be like on Thanksgiving Eve. For the price of the tics and the size of the place, just go somewhere else

its gonna be interesting, becausef from what i heard they

-are real tuff on 21+ (lots of factory heads are <21

-are have a ZERO tolerance drug policy (need i say more...)

-have a dress code and dont allow tanks/shirtless in the club

...3 **BIG** issues for many JP followers

Originally posted by rollindeep11

CAUSE DANNY TENAGLIA CAN SPIN YOU FUCKING MORON

i thought it was because people enjoyed hearing his lecture series on how you should live your life and for the eye exams he gives you with his 2 million watt flashlite, and the 'dramatic pauses' he places in his sets while he does the above :laugh:

Originally posted by berniec

i thought it was because people enjoyed hearing his lecture series on how you should live your life and for the eye exams he gives you with his 2 million watt flashlite, and the 'dramatic pauses' he places in his sets while he does the above :laugh:

Better than dropping a shitty remix of every commercial pop hit out there....or hearing no ones gonna change you like 5 times every sunday you jerkoff...JP cant spin face it hes playing Sahara for christ sake..........

Originally posted by rollindeep11

Better than dropping a shitty remix of every commercial pop hit out there....or hearing no ones gonna change you like 5 times every sunday you jerkoff...JP cant spin face it hes playing Sahara for christ sake..........

what! JP dosnt spin 99% of the shit you'd hear on ktu, the only exception is prob Reina, and since thats the only thing you mentioned its probably b/c you know nothing about JP or factory then the mindless drivel propaganda that other JP haters have said.

and Junior Vasquez who every is yelling and screaming about being so 'world renound' and the god of music spun at fucking Sand Bar in Jersey City, NJ over the summer -- whats ur point?

Originally posted by silverbull

Well if your a JP fan and love him soooooooooo much then go. If hes your dj follow him then. That what a loyal fan does follows thier hero no matter where he/she goes.

and never said i planned on doing anything but that. :D

Originally posted by silverbull

Yo bernie i wasnt talkin to you personally i was talkin to everybody whos a fan of his.

lol aight, i was gonna say i dont remember every starting anything with you on here lol

how was WH last nite...it was the one nite that i wasnt working there that i woulda like to have been there. I heard corbo ripped it and i woulda like to have heard Crystal Waters :(

Guest shortyrockrox

I didn't realize that being a fan meant you had to follow someone everywhere they go. Also there have been a lot of very talented DJ's who have spun at Sahara (cyberia). I hate that just because a place is on LI everyone has to critisize it. I guess, I should know by now the only places worthy to go to in NY are in the city.:blank:

Originally posted by shortyrockrox

I didn't realize that being a fan meant you had to follow someone everywhere they go. Also there have been a lot of very talented DJ's who have spun at Sahara (cyberia). I hate that just because a place is on LI everyone has to critisize it. I guess, I should know by now the only places worthy to go to in NY are in the city.:blank:

long island has some good spots (neptunes for one) but its got a lot of shitty spots as well, just as jersey does (but yet jersey has temps which a lot of ppl love)...its all in how u look at it