Clubplanet Nightlife Community

About Techno

marcodavalos

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys can argue all you want... but the bottom line is that last Saturday was an amazing experience and this Saturday will be just as good if not better I'm sure, and if it doesn't last or whatever it is you guys are trying to predict then so what? good things don't last forever, that's why you got to enjoy it while you can.... fuck the predictions, I prefer to live in the present... though I must agree with Marco, this place is not going to flounder and go all hip-hop any time soon

:D

Originally posted by eKiTeL

you guys can argue all you want... but the bottom line is that last Saturday was an amazing experience and this Saturday will be just as good if not better I'm sure, and if it doesn't last or whatever it is you guys are trying to predict then so what? good things don't last forever, that's why you got to enjoy it while you can.... fuck the predictions, I prefer to live in the present... though I must agree with Marco, this place is not going to flounder and go all hip-hop any time soon

Trust me, those guys will never go hip-hop. Not even in their patio. :cool:

Originally posted by eKiTeL

I'm not making any predictions and I certainly hope they don't fail. I just think that it's going to be a lot more difficult than some of you think. They're off to a good start...so let's hope.

And Saleen...don't make me raise up my pimp hand and bitch slap you.

Originally posted by ogmiami

:rofl:

aside from Dade's funny comment...

One thing's for sure.. Those of you who enjoy privelege & wanna keep it there, I sure hope you feed it ($$). Save your pennies for Saturday night @ privelege cuz those owners gotta eat, the staff needs a job & those BIG djs need to get paid!!

The average Electronic music clubber doesn't spend soo much & it costs a pretty penny bringin' all those big djs. They are doin' it for you to enjoy because that's what they believe in. Let's hope you truly support ($$) them. The same goes for all the other clubs you enjoy. :hey:

Guest saleen351

I'm not making any predictions and I certainly hope they don't fail. I just think that it's going to be a lot more difficult than some of you think. They're off to a good start...so let's hope.

don't hate the guido

hate the game....... :idea:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by biznation00

One thing's for sure.. Those of you who enjoy privelege & wanna keep it there, I sure hope you feed it ($$). Save your pennies for Saturday night @ privelege cuz those owners gotta eat, the staff needs a job & those BIG djs need to get paid!!

The average Electronic music clubber doesn't spend soo much & it costs a pretty penny bringin' all those big djs. They are doin' it for you to enjoy because that's what they believe in. Let's hope you truly support ($$) them. The same goes for all the other clubs you enjoy. :hey:

biz thats reminds me

I'm gonna need some comps and drink tix in a few weeks....

i think privelege is coming off to a pretty good start....all i have to say is i heard very manistream electronice musical friends of mines talk about wanting to go to privlege allready....and thses peeps really know nothing about music or venus...they just heard that the vibe was good and that they want to go.....and this is after only 1 week....so we shall see....hopefully they will do good, and u know c.p. aint gonna suppport it....c.p. is just a sounding horn...so dont come on here and blame any1 if it does not do well....it is what it is, and it will be what it will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Originally posted by saleen351

biz thats reminds me

I'm gonna need some comps and drink tix in a few weeks....

:laugh: sure, I'll even let you borrow my car with a full tank of gas so you can make it to Space that night...

on a serious tip- you do often frequent a drink in your hand & you don't get them free from me, so you must be contributing to the cause.

Maybe you're not soo bad.. ;)

Guest saleen351

:laugh: sure, I'll even let you borrow my car with a full tank of gas so you can make it to Space that night...

on a serious tip- you do often frequent a drink in your hand & you don't get them free from me, so you must be contributing to the cause.

Maybe you're not soo bad.. ;)

well don't tell anyone, but where ever I show up, I have a comp game plan all ready thought out, I prep the people with comps the week of the event, I hit them up on aim or throw up a post asking about it since I know 100's will read it, then when I show up I find the peeps I need to see, usually 2 out of 3 peeps have free drinks for me.

The real question is, who was giving me all those free drinks at Space for the last year? no one knows;)

marcos it's very evident your south american heritage is getting in the way of real common sense. I would never say build tempts in miami and speak how much the guido drink etc etc, it's fundementaly flawed from the get go, this is miami, and though it has a latin culture to it, it's not columbia never will and will fail. I based my ideals on economics and markets, not music. Either nocturnal, mansion will destroy any club comming online right now...

Plus their opening went up against crobar and og's birthday, taking nothing from oscar, but when he was on the patio for months, he lost his pulling power in miami, and crobar was packed.

Now next week:

Nerve with Stryke

Crobar with who ever

Space with I think DD or lawler cant' remeber

Good luck..

LOL, I mised this response which addresses specifically the issues.

To make my point simple:

1) Privilege has it's own base of followers. That is the floating (equilibrium point). This is a given, and the most important issue here.

2) My South American background serves to make educated analysis as oppossed to hype.

3) I don't believe any other venue, including the top Miami DJ can pull things thru with techno.

Take away last Saturday's example, and tell me when it has happened. I find no reasons to believe this will change, not even as a result of Privilege's guts.

Time will prove the 'given' I used is right. From that point on my analysis is accurate.

well don't tell anyone, but where ever I show up, I have a comp game plan all ready thought out, I prep the people with comps the week of the event, I hit them up on aim or throw up a post asking about it since I know 100's will read it, then when I show up I find the peeps I need to see, usually 2 out of 3 peeps have free drinks for me.

The real question is, who was giving me all those free drinks at Space for the last year? no one knows;)

The "real question" still remains to be answered as you said. However, you did help me find the answer another question.. I guess that explains the brown noses... ;)

Well said, Biz. It's a small club so they have to squeeze every dollar out of it that they can. That's not easy to do when you are taking care of friends and locals.

amen !!

I'd spend some money there if they started serving sushi, or arepas, or whatever they like to eat in Cali.... :)

Yes I see where you're coming from, all their Cali people were really happy to be there, but they have to try a little harder to get on the good side of the locals, I've seen a few places go down because the snooty out of town owners pissed off the wrong people (anybody remember People's Lounge?)

I was just so pleasantly surprised to see that they had this whole crowd already lined up to pack the place... before last Saturday I was kind of agreeing with Saleen that it wouldn't work, but they really made a believer out of me with that incredible turnout, not to mention the music :)

For Fucks Sake.......

Can somebody please book the following:

1 - Marco Carola - :dj: I'd like to really thank B.E.D. for letting him slip away. Are you fucking nuts?? But whoever thought they were about the music??

2 - Gaetano Parisio

3 - Rino Cerrone

4 - Danilo Vigorito

5 - MarkAntonio

As you can tell, I am about the Neapolitan Movement.......Fucking Quality Techno!!!!