The PVD Review thread

Bling

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

I don't wanna grow up, I'm a Toys R Us Kid.....

contents04.gif

Trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house, trance, house!!!

:blah: :blah: :blah:

The never ending saga of Trance Vs. House

I got a question: I like trance and house.

What does that make me?!? Trouse head? :confused:

exactly my point eric.. how many times have i come on this board and said i lik house as well. ive been pushed into the trance only sterotype. I enjoy rolands sets every week. deep dish and lawler are the shit. hell i even sat thru sander's tech house and liked it.

so to say im a kid cuz i loved pvd and it was the bst nite i had at a club doesnt take away from the fact that i enjoy house music extremely.

the only music that i am having difficulty getting into is TECHNO and ill straight up say right now i dont like it much but i wont bash it or anything or the people that like it.. unlike all those trance bashers that itch for the oppprtunity to rip on us.

The best set that PVD has ever done was the grand reopening of SPACE right before the release of his Politics of Dancing.

He played harder,faster,louder, and more aggressive than I have ever seen him since The Edge way back in the day. From the begininng of his set "Ashtrax-digital reason, people were going fucking crazy the whole club was dancing. The last few times I have seen him play he has taken on more of a slow "Movie Anthem journey with a few classic's thrown in" feel for my tastes.

That friday night was by far one of his best set's I have seen played since Oakie took to the deck's in SHADOW in 99 incredible amount of energy which flowed through every track and never let up the entire set.

Originally posted by CHRles

VERY TRUE. No genre is above criticism.

GA2, what do you think of John Digweed or Miami's Markus Schulz when they play Progressive? Do you enjoy their sets?

His older stuff was fantastic. revolutionary at the time. GU LA is a classic :aright: I've only sampled his newer stuff. His newer stuff is pretty good I'm just not sure I'm into that sound anymore. Maybe it's me though.

oh man markus is the man ...i really enjoyed his set...i listened to it in the car and then when i got inside. that guy knows progression....then pvd gets on and hes good for a lil while till i got bored...build up after build up ....blah!!! NO PROGRESSION!!!

the first time i saw pvd which was in june @ space i thought he was weak. i thought maybe he had an off day. but now that i hear him again its the same thing. there was one song that i thought would never end. i guess im just growing up like groove eric told me. i like the proggy sound more.

i ventured my way up to the terrace to check out the hip hop. it was bangin like usual. stayed up there for a bit then caught the last part of pvd ..then caught the begining of roly's set. i couldnt believe he started out with "children". Classic!!! i knew it would be a good lunar session. but my legs couldnt hold me up anymore so i left. all in all i had a good time!

:D

Originally posted by Bling

exactly my point eric.. how many times have i come on this board and said i lik house as well. ive been pushed into the trance only sterotype. I enjoy rolands sets every week. deep dish and lawler are the shit. hell i even sat thru sander's tech house and liked it.

the only music that i am having difficulty getting into is TECHNO and ill straight up say right now i dont like it much but i wont bash it or anything or the people that like it.. unlike all those trance bashers that itch for the oppprtunity to rip on us.

It's a typical South Florida attitude; let's hate everything! You have to hate something to be a true South Floridian....

Bling, don't worry. Just continue to like whatever music you like man. Forget what other people say. Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one!

:blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown:

Ummm yeah, hip hop!

You just wanna open another can of worms with this one, huh? ;) [/quote

im a ghetto trancer lol

i love hip hop ..yea its catchy and everything but ive been listening to it for 20 years so i cant really hate ...especially when tony tone or radamas drop older tracks!!

Originally posted by trojanman

i ventured my way up to the terrace to check out the hip hop. it was bangin like usual.

the music up there is pretty fuckin good. The last time I went they played alot of old school hip hop and alot of upbeat. nice stuff. Of course, the crowd is more about having fun then freaking out over how good a DJ is. A completely different vibe all together.

:blown: :blown: :blown: :blown: :blown:

Ummm yeah, hip hop!

You just wanna open another can of worms with this one, huh? ;)

didnt you just say in a previous post to bling not to worry about ppl bashing his musical tastes?

Just like Party 93.1, Hip hop also has its corny ass radio play songs.....nothing like what real hip hop is ..... gritty rhymes and bass with funky beats.....like Tribe, Cypress Hill, Wu, i could go on because i grew up not only with house but real hip hop as well....

Remember what u said abouts ppl"s opinions?

Originally posted by houze-kitty

didnt you just say in a previous post to bling not to worry about ppl bashing his musical tastes?

Just like Party 93.1, Hip hop also has its corny ass radio play songs.....nothing like what real hip hop is ..... gritty rhymes and bass with funky beats.....like Tribe, Cypress Hill, Wu, i could go on because i grew up not only with house but real hip hop as well....

Remember what u said abouts ppl"s opinions?

Did I bash it? No.

All I said was want to open another can of worms......

Btw.....Tony Tone and Radamas are awesome! I love what they play, cause I grew up with it. Thing is I don't go there for that music. :)

Originally posted by saleen351

bling you love trance due to the fact you weren't in the scene since you were younger... It seems to me most trance fans are Jhonny come latelys and since trance apeals to the simpletons due to it's cheesey synths and fast beat...

Adults don't listen to pvd, kids do....

not all true... I know alot of adults that have PVD collections. Just depends on the click ur in.

I like trance, I think some of the shit that comes out now is a bits boring, I'm an old school trance head, I like the old stuff/classics per say. Same in the house.progressive scene. some of the new tracks now suck! old will always be better.

at least I think so.

Did I bash it? No.

Btw.....Tony Tone and Radamas are awesome! I love what they play, cause I grew up with it. Thing is I don't go there for that music. :)

if they are awesome then why are you putting :blown: smilies underneath trojanman's post.

I'm just a little confused. not attacking you.

YO YO YO Whats wrong with bashing hip hop? Ill say it fuck hip hop to me it aint the same, I grew up on it also,like NWA,EASY E,RUN DMC, LL, ERIC B and RAKIm and so on to Biggie aswell as Tupac. But to me the scene sucks unless its in a good atmosphere.....but I wont go out to a club to hear that kind of music. But its alright if you like that music. I just bash it for fun like most of ya bash trance. :tongue:

Did I bash it? No.

good enuff eric-----

i guess i just took your :blown:

the wrong way:)

Originally posted by happyface

YO YO YO Whats wrong with bashing hip hop? Ill say it fuck hip hop to me it aint the same, I grew up on it also,like NWA,EASY E,RUN DMC, LL, ERIC B and RAKIm and so on to Biggie aswell as Tupac. But to me the scene sucks unless its in a good atmosphere.....but I wont go out to a club to hear that kind of music. But its alright if you like that music. I just bash it for fun like most of ya bash trance. :tongue:

I don't care if people bash hiphop I was just confused by xgrooveric's post.