you guys are right..TRANCE IS DEAD!

fended

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by fended

to Y O U maybe if u dont like it!

BUT MAN SPACE ROCKS HARDER THAN ANY OTHER NIGHTS WHEN PVD AND TIESTO ARE THERE.:cool:

seen the dj rankings lately?

E N E R G Y :eek:

NELSON WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER BRO ?? LET EM KEEP THINKIN ITS DEAD .. LESS IGNORANT PEOPLE 4 US TO HANG AROUND WITH ;):aright: :aright: :aright::cool::D

Guest saleen351

trance is for kids....

What adult would listen to that crap.....

Trance heads don't get it, and to quote a local trance dj god, "nick I don't spin trance".....

Originally posted by saleen351

trance is for kids....

Trance heads don't get it, and to quote a local trance dj god, "nick I don't spin trance".....

well , im older , i grew into house ..but still love trance & breaks more .. its all a matter of taste ..& like i said before.. dont have shit to do with age, sex race or any of that shit .. its all just pure ignorance on your side

trance is for kids....

Saleen.... You know, for your sake, I really hope your not as stupid as you sound on your posts. But since I don't know you and you have been around on these forums a lot longer than I have. I am just assuming that you're being childish on purpose, as to piss off the TranceHeads for a little fun. Otherwise, I really feel sorry for you and the little world you live in.

Originally posted by djm

Saleen.... You know, for your sake, I really hope your not as stupid as you sound on your posts. But since I don't know you and you have been around on these forums a lot longer than I have. I am just assuming that you're being childish on purpose, as to piss off the TranceHeads for a little fun. Otherwise, I really feel sorry for you and the little world you live in.

:aright:

He does it for kicks.....I think

Who else better to stir shit up than Saleen?

trance is for kids....

U know what man... I'm sick of hearing this from you....

U go open ur house hot dog cart infront of space and I'll open my trance hot dog cart too... lets see who get the most clients.....

:D:laugh:

Originally posted by nexusgroove

U know what man... I'm sick of hearing this from you....

U go open ur house hot dog cart infront of space and I'll open my trance hot dog cart too... lets see who get the most clients.....

:D:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL Dj rankings are for shit. There are soooooo many good djs, unknown to the masses. I mean, Im on my way to South America in a week. The guys im playing over there are not RANKED, but i will tell you this.....the sound great.

Ranking a Dj is good PR for the DJ and its good Record sales. However...it means nothing. Only the masses follow that shit and Club owners book them to bring in the $$$$$.

Those rankings are not about MUSIC...they are about pop culture.

Just like the word IBIZA.....been playing their for almost 8 years...and only about 3 years ago when E channel and all the other commercial crap invaded the Isand....did the Masses hear of SPACE, DC 10, BORA BORA, ManiMission parties, etc.

Once the masses grabed hold of the idea of IBIZA, here comes the Anthem CDs,

Trance is not a bad sound....its an old sound, old to those who grow with the scene, who are not afraid to experience the unknown sounds before it reaches 93.1 or whatever station south Florida has.

trance is for kids....

Sallen, here is one adult (27) that enjoys intelligent sounds. Being Trance, being breaks, being progressive.

So what does that say about me?

Originally posted by soniquarium

LOL Dj rankings are for shit. There are soooooo many good djs, unknown to the masses. I mean, Im on my way to South America in a week. The guys im playing over there are not RANKED, but i will tell you this.....the sound great.

Ranking a Dj is good PR for the DJ and its good Record sales. However...it means nothing. Only the masses follow that shit and Club owners book them to bring in the $$$$$.

Those rankings are not about MUSIC...they are about pop culture.

Trance is not a bad sound....its an old sound, old to those who grow with the scene, who are not afraid to experience the unknown sounds before it reaches 93.1 or whatever station south Florida has.

:laugh: @ the dj rankings with soniquarium. What a joke. Trance is old an totally pop-culture music for the masses that don't know shit. I was one of those masses back in the day and loved my trance. I didn't know shit then. But I'm older and wiser now....so no more kiddy stuff.

Originally posted by nyc420

:laugh: @ the dj rankings with soniquarium. What a joke. Trance is old an totally pop-culture music for the masses that don't know shit. I was one of those masses back in the day and loved my trance. I didn't know shit then. But I'm older and wiser now....so no more kiddy stuff.

Popculture? Depends what kind of trance your talking about, cause I do agree that the trance Party 93.1 plays all day is absolutly cheese and pop related but not ALL trance is like that....I dont see how Cosmic Gate,LadyDana,Scot Project and other artist can be pop-related.... :rolleyes:To each their own,and if TRANCE is for kids I dont wana grow up. :D

Originally posted by nyc420

aaaaaah perfect buddy. this is the nice set up post for the point i wanted to bring up next.

you said yourself you love(ed) trance. but then you discovered some more sounds and preferred that better. if thats the case i am totally cool with that. ive said before i like them all.

but many people here on this board and in general bash trance cuz they wanna be "cool" and remain "underground":cool:

oh my god how dare they like the same music the 16 year old kid living next door likes:eek: . he likes trance. he likes pvd. i cant im "cool" i like some deeper stuff:rolleyes:

you cant deny the dj mag list or any list.

is it accurate? nooooooo

is that final and is that the it is exaclty? nooooooo

just like any top 100 athletes on espn or best rock bands on VH1 it has some dispute. of course duh!:tongue:

but when u see these type of lists and they ask so called "experts" of promoters, record label people, club owners, etc. you have to give it some validity even though you dont like the results of it.

its not written in stone he is #1 and he is #22 and he is #6. its just an indication of the trend. right now the trend is that trance djs for the most part rank very high and hold a lot top spots.period.

if you dont than you are not being open minded and ignorant.

Originally posted by fended

aaaaaah perfect buddy. this is the nice set up post for the point i wanted to bring up next.

you said yourself you love(ed) trance. but then you discovered some more sounds and preferred that better. if thats the case i am totally cool with that. ive said before i like them all.

but many people here on this board and in general bash trance cuz they wanna be "cool" and remain "underground":cool:

oh my god how dare they like the same music the 16 year old kid living next door likes:eek: . he likes trance. he likes pvd. i cant im "cool" i like some deeper stuff:rolleyes:

you cant deny the dj mag list or any list.

is it accurate? nooooooo

is that final and is that the it is exaclty? nooooooo

just like any top 100 athletes on espn or best rock bands on VH1 it has some dispute. of course duh!:tongue:

but when u see these type of lists and they ask so called "experts" of promoters, record label people, club owners, etc. you have to give it some validity even though you dont like the results of it.

its not written in stone he is #1 and he is #22 and he is #6. its just an indication of the trend. right now the trend is that trance djs for the most part rank very high and hold a lot top spots.period.

if you dont than you are not being open minded and ignorant.

ignorant will do nelson :aright: :aright:

That's present in any music scene...the minute something goes "commercial" it's all over, the "underground" can't handle it..."HOW SAD". (NR is gonna shoot me for saying that all the time...)

It's epidemic on here...most people who say they like "serious", "underground" sounds are just being music snobs. I will totally say that most trance folk aren't music snobs...music snobbery is way more prevalent in the house scene, and is de riguer in the drum n bass and breaks scene :laugh: I'm sure if I raid their flyer collections, or my own personal photo archives, I bet I'll see half of them out and about at trance events, and hell, probably waving lights around too. They should just admit that they liked it at one point, but moved on...not that they're "underground" and all that...

Originally posted by pod

That's present in any music scene...the minute something goes "commercial" it's all over, the "underground" can't handle it..."HOW SAD". (NR is gonna shoot me for saying that all the time...)

It's epidemic on here...most people who say they like "serious", "underground" sounds are just being music snobs. I will totally say that most trance folk aren't music snobs...music snobbery is way more prevalent in the house scene, and is de riguer in the drum n bass and breaks scene :laugh: I'm sure if I raid their flyer collections, or my own personal photo archives, I bet I'll see half of them out and about at trance events, and hell, probably waving lights around too. They should just admit that they liked it at one point, but moved on...not that they're "underground" and all that...

that is theeee most pathetic post of CP of all time:laugh:

"how sad":(

;)

Originally posted by djm

Could not have said it better myself.