Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Challenge DJ Domenick Capello

ianjohn

>>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by djqwest

Promoters should never dj and djs should never be promoters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i really wish more people in charge actually abided by this maxim

<<<

Finally people are seeing the light. The next promoter that asks me "How many people can you bring?" Better be prepared. And to the person that just had his first gig. Congratulations...Welcome to the club. I wish you the best of luck and lots of fun. Shit, sometimes I still get that adreneline rush and my hands shake. Not often, but sometimes. Above all...HAVE FUN!!! and stay true to your self.

you talk a lot of shit, and throw out some big names of the equipment you probably read about in dj magazine.

if you're so good, how come i've never ever heard of you mr ian john, armchair dj from that happening town of huntington, li :rolleyes:

from what i've seen, someone who has ever dj-ed professionally would have some respect for others in the business.

not the blatent jealousy and resentment you so poignantly yap about....

calling people out like that? whining about not playing vinyl?

dj-ing is more than beatmatching, if you dj-ed other than

club basement in your parents' house, i'd be surprised.

enlighten us, mr best kept secret of long island.

where do you spin? how many people does your party do -

and bar mitzfahs don't count.

Here is a list of some of the venues and event that I have performed at:

New York City: Tunnel, Estate @ Limelight, Roxy, Exit, Downtime, Flamingo, Speed, Rare

Long Island, NY: Zacherys, Diesel, Twilo, Blue Tequila, Don Juans, Poco Locos, The World,

City Lounge

San Francisco, Ca: Sound Factory, Club X, City Nights, NV

Oakland, Ca: Bench and Bar

Sunnyvale, Ca: Forum

Mountain View, Ca: Limelight, Encounters I, Encounters II

San Jose, Ca: Cactus Club, Metropolis 2000

Pt. Richmond: Share The Love

State College, Pa: Lions Den

Radio Experience:

2001 to 2002

89.3 WFNY Farmingdale, NY

ON–AIR PERSONALITY/ MIX SHOW MIXER/

PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT

1998 - 2000

90.5 KSJS San Jose, Ca

MUSIC DIRECTOR/ ON–AIR PERSONALITY/

MIX SHOW MIXER/ PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT

any questions?

Also: If you think I am BSing about my studio. I am sending out an open invitation for you to come down when ever. ok? you can PM me or IM me anytime >>The Nice Pilot<< Note: I will be away from 11/25 - 11/30.

Originally posted by ianjohn

New York City: Tunnel, Estate @ Limelight, Roxy, Exit, Downtime, Flamingo, Speed, Rare

Long Island, NY: Zacherys, Diesel, Twilo, Blue Tequila, Don Juans, Poco Locos, The World,

City Lounge

Radio Experience:

2001 to 2002

PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT

1998 - 2000

90.5 KSJS San Jose, Ca

any questions?

Also: If you think I am BSing about my studio. I am sending out an open invitation for you to come down when ever. ok? you can PM me or IM me anytime >>The Nice Pilot<< Note: I will be away from 11/25 - 11/30.

i bet the studio is fake... let me come down, where do you live?

That's very impressive man. Especially that you played at Twilo?! Wow, when was that gig, I have probably heard you play then, b/c I was there way too much.

Congrats on your accomplishments, but if anything they should have shown you how out of control things can really get and make you sympathetic, rather than predatory about other peoples live performances.

And I would very much appreciate hearing when you played at Twilo, and if you could post a flyer w/ that then even better.

No disrespect, I am trying to spin and I am JUST starting out... so I respect everyone with the balls to go up there and do it.

I think you should too, no?

City Lounge

Radio Experience:

2001 to 2002

PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT

1998 - 2000

90.5 KSJS San Jose, Ca

any questions?

This is a shitty tone too though.

Originally posted by bionic

you talk a lot of shit, and throw out some big names of the equipment you probably read about in dj magazine.

if you're so good, how come i've never ever heard of you mr ian john, armchair dj from that happening town of huntington, li :rolleyes:

from what i've seen, someone who has ever dj-ed professionally would have some respect for others in the business.

not the blatent jealousy and resentment you so poignantly yap about....

calling people out like that? whining about not playing vinyl?

dj-ing is more than beatmatching, if you dj-ed other than

club basement in your parents' house, i'd be surprised.

enlighten us, mr best kept secret of long island.

where do you spin? how many people does your party do -

and bar mitzfahs don't count.

I was not there that night ... but idont care what anyone says .. i know capello can spin he deserves to have Dj infront of his name ... i remember him at tunnel and exit rooftop ... and of course he ripped it in the red-room for a good year + ...and he def played lots and lots of vinyls then ...stop knocking on people ..

City Lounge

Radio Experience:

2001 to 2002

PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT

1998 - 2000

90.5 KSJS San Jose, Ca

any questions?

nice list of venues.

let me list the venues i blew the roof off of in north dakota, ohio, wyoming and mississippi.......

i find it kind of interesting that according to your profile you're 24 yrs old yet you say you dj-ed at the tunnel. what were you like 20 when that happened? Isn't speed a hip hop club??hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

thanks for the invite to your "studio". i'd like to reciprocate and extend an invitation for you to come to my house for thanksgiving.

i'm curious about something. in your profile you say your a student. unless its not updated and you really are still in school, which raises a whole other set of questions, how do you afford this "studio" with this a-list line of equipment? hmmmmmmmmmm

i guess living home has some advantages doesn't it?

do your parents' tell you to keep the music down a lot? that must really disrupt your flow..... :laugh:

you list a few well known ny venues, yet still, i have never heard of you.

i'd be curious to know if there is anybody on this board who has ever heard you spin and where?

i'd love to see a flyer or advert with your name on it.

there are tons of members on this board. surely somebody has heard the all knowing all powerful ian john on the 1 and 2's.....

i'm just asking you to back up the smack talk you've been throwing around with something other then an empty invitation from an internet stranger to an internet stranger and a list of names of clubs. i can say i spun at the tunnel, opened for s&d, limelight and did the white room at exit too.

prove me wrong and i'll apologize and end it.

I was away with the fam for the break. TO answear 1 question, I moved out of my parents house the day after I graduated HS. I am 24, and still in school I transfered twice, and as such I am on the 6 yr program. But dont worry, I am graduating this month. In case you were wondering what I was studying...No I am not studying music. I am in the flight program on SUNY F-Dale.

bionic if you wanna come down, just let me know when is good 4 u.

and exit24e you can come too.

I don't even want to get into this fray, but two things:

1) Dom can spin. I've seen him do it myself, he has and can use vinyl just fine.

2) What the hell is with calling out a DJ on a public messageboard because he/she had a bad set? Haven't you ever played a night where you were just off, and your set didn't come out sounding the way you wanted? How would you like it if you woke up the next morning to find someone on a messageboard trying to play the bigshot with you?

Bottom line is - If you think you deserve another DJs spot, saying crap on a messageboard doesn't help. Go to the club, bring your demo and tell them how you feel about it. If they're interested and if you're good enough, it will speak for itself when you replace whoever you feel you surpass technically.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

I don't even want to get into this fray, but two things:

1) Dom can spin. I've seen him do it myself, he has and can use vinyl just fine.

2) What the hell is with calling out a DJ on a public messageboard because he/she had a bad set? Haven't you ever played a night where you were just off, and your set didn't come out sounding the way you wanted? How would you like it if you woke up the next morning to find someone on a messageboard trying to play the bigshot with you?

Bottom line is - If you think you deserve another DJs spot, saying crap on a messageboard doesn't help. Go to the club, bring your demo and tell them how you feel about it. If they're interested and if you're good enough, it will speak for itself when you replace whoever you feel you surpass technically.

so i wanna hear a demo of your shit already, miss DJALY DOT COM.

;)