Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soldiers killed by Iraqi Teens

cintron

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i hear what ur saying i agree...whether ur there for the RIGHT or WRONG reasons, people will see u as an occupying force and take u out...but has this thought ever crossed their minds? maybe if they TRIED to keep the violence down to a minimum and actually try to HELP in the capture of some of the violent trouble makers, the US can leave quicker and maybe the Iraqis can get back to some kind of normal life? let the Iraqis form their govt', alllow the US (for now) to help in the police/security force, form ur constitution and eventually vote ur leaders in...once a normal govt' is made and the people can vote, let em choose...whether it be a democratic form of govt' or another form that best suites them...:idea:

I agree with you more or less here. And in retrospect I'm kinda pissed at Clinton for not helping the Iraqis in their revolt against Saddam. I don't think we had the right to go in there and "revolt for them." I thought that was what right wing philosophy was all about. They should rebel themselves, after all it is their country. I would not be against helping out revolutionaries against dictators such as Saddam. The difference here is that nobody asked us. Nobody supported us. Our motivation was not the right one.

On another note, the troops over there however homesick or tired they are have retained their moral. My cousin fought in Iraq, he believes what we are doing there is just, and I can respect that. Even if I disagree. I went to his welcome home party and he seemed his old happy self. Judging just from him I'd say our troops are doing just fine aside a few minor incidents like this one.

Originally posted by dgmodel

sure it sounds like a lot, however i bet its only a fraction of a percent of the entire population... not that that justifies killing but its a realistic way of looking at it...

ummmm .... 3000 was a far smaller fraction of us, so what warrants killing far more than 6000 in Iraq and thats excluding afghanistan?????

Originally posted by cintron

so a bullet makes it easier to accept than a concrete block?

they STILL got hit with concrete blocks in the face AFTER they were dead.

one word comes to mind when i picture that: Mogadishu.

Actually, thats the point - they didn't have their faces smashed in with concrete blocks. In fact, US investigators say there were no other marks other than the gunshot wounds. They DID get robbed though (explains why the bodies were dragged out).

Unless, the govt is trying to cover something up.

and the relevance of this statement to mine is???

Let me see if I can explain this...

sure it sounds like a lot, however i bet its only a fraction of a percent of the entire population... not that that justifies killing but its a realistic way of looking at it...

Your impression of mass death to reach an end goal lead me to this quote:

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

I keep wondering, how many thousands of non us civilians have to pay for us to feel safe again after 3 thousand of us have died in this war on terror.

It wasn't much of a response to yours but rather an after thought. By the way, you've ended your sentence with a dangling participle. :tongue: