Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PALLADIUM PICS****************************

Hey do you guys remember some of the shows they (Arena party) used to have???

How bout the Versace tribute? was back in the summer of 1997 after his death when they did a runway show in recognition of him... Was awesome...

Or the black party? with all the S&M props all over the joint w/ the black angels...

I'm having serious flashbacks...

Junior Vasquez used to be deliverin some off the hizzy tracks...The best tracks in the history of house music were presented in the arena days...You guys remember these???

Give it up - Victor Calderone

No Good - Depeche Mode

Flood - Jars of Clay

Weep - Brazen

Get up stand up - Funky Phantom

Aint no need to hide - Sandy B

Follow me

Nightmare - Brainbug

Why dont you dance for me - future breeze

Alive - Daft Punk

things just aint the same - Deborah Cox

To the Rhythm - Angel M

Meet her at her love parade

etc.

I dont know of any other DJ who can stop the music and have the crowd just scream his name over and over...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to hear my aunts (they're in there early 30's now) talk about this place...first time i actually see it.....Looks fucking great... redface.gif(

its a damn shame....

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

I don't give a fuck if its dark or not! I'm harder than ME tryin' to park a dodge....when I'm drunk as FUCK, right next to a humongus truck, in a 2 car garage!

Clubbers dont fall,they trip, and roll-Erm

I have a few pictures from Palladium on my website... I used to spin there with Hex Hector on Fridays....

If anyone on the board would like... but please dont go crazy on me... I have amassed a collection of video tapes from the clubs I used to spin at in like 93-97.... I have footage from the old Limelight, Tunnel, Palladium, USA, Expo.... most of it is on 8mm.... I was trying to put in on my site but it looks like shit when you try to watch it.... ANYWAY.... perhaps if people wanna meet up and give me blank video tapes... I might find some time to transfer the footage to your tapes..... quite a little history of club footage you'll have....

Let me know,....

------------------

Rob Corbett

www.djcorbett.com

THEY USED TO PLAY THAT SONG FROM THE SNEAKER PIMPS SUGAR DADDY

WHAT WAS THAT OTHER SONG IT USED GO

IS QUEENS IN THE HOUSE IS BROOKLYN REPRESENTN OR VICE VERSA I FORGOT WHO IT WAS BY BUT THE CROWD USED GO NUTS WHEN THIS SONG USED COME ON

------------------

THERE AINT NO GUEST LIST TONIGHT BITCH!

Oh the memories. I can't even count how many times I busted my ass on those damn stairs smile.gif ARENA!!! Those were the days.

------------------

Let me take you on a trip, just a simple journey, a journey full of sound and beats, one that will lead you down....way down to the UNDERGROUND

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by executress:

Would like to share a few of my personal pics of the Great Arena...

Can you guess who's the chic to the far left????

[This message has been edited by executress (edited 10-06-2000).]

Hot damn - What a cutie on the far left.

That one with the swanky brown dress on is a hell of a woman too wink.gif

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by executress:

MUAH MUAH STEVE....

Muah right back at ya wink.gif

malelovies.gif

------------------

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Wow,

awesome pics guys. Brings back some good memories.

Palladium was the first club that i ever went to. Actually stumbled upon it just roaming the streets of NYC. Imagine walking intot hat place and having your first club experince. Nothing will ever match that place.

Used to hit that place on Fri and occasionally on Sat. Fridays used to be hip-hop. Met Biggie Smalls, Foxy Brown and Nas there one nite at the main bar.

Sat was awesome party. Didn't did Arena party too much.

Brings a tear whenever i happen to pass by 14th & 3rd ave.

peace

GOD that place was great, on the dance floor with all the lights blazing.... I was there the last night it was open with an old girlfriend of mine, we were trippin on shrooms and having a great time. Was kinda sad it was the last night.

I didn't realize how much I missed that place till this post.

------------------

Those who are envious stare. Those who are jealous frown. Those who are equal smile. Those who are above me look down. Then recoil with fear. For they know their time is near.

Palladium was phenominal...but, does anyone remember Club USA?? I grew up in that club...or at least learned the ways of the world.

And you can't forget about the infamous "K-Hole" Slide!!!!!

------------------

Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift...that is why we call it the present.

Would like to share a few of my personal pics of the Great Arena...

Can you guess who's the chic to the far left????

Damn, what memories that brings back. Palladium was my second club after Limelight and truly my first "HOME" in a club. All good things do come to an end, but what a shame that was!!!

It's funny, that shot of the building from the outside...it's probably the first time I ever really looked at it. Funny what you don't notice even when you go to a place a couple hundred times! lol

Awesome shots!!!

RIP Palladium & ARENA!

addaboy

Originally posted by Lil t:

ARENA!!!!!!!

Are you there?? ....... ARENA!!!

Remember ?? Peace train........ =(

lil't

Peace train! I just got chills thinking about it. No joke. When I see those pics it always gets to me. I miss that place.

cwm45.gif

------------------

"This is the strangest life I've ever known" - Jim Morrison

Guest crystalmethodny

Its all about the Bureaucracy.

------------------

• 6 years later...

Archived