Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did Pacha Buy Club Rio?

marcodavalos

Originally posted by ogmiami

Actually, I read in an industry publication that the old Club Rio was leased by the Cielo people.

It was called Cielo during last conference, but I think that's over too. They had a huge party with a bunch of the big NYC residents from what I remember.

Originally posted by drumsjunkie

The club is going to be called METRO they are in the process of getting their c/o. Lots of dificulty with the city, It should be ready soon...

They have alot of cool things in the works,

3 rooms

Patio,Roof terrace and the main room.

The sound system and the lights are awesome....

www.johnnyramirez.com

Johnny, when does this open, do you know? :confused:

We are talking about the mother of all bad locations when we speak of Rio. I knew the guys who built it and I've known most of the 20 or so operators who have tried to make a go of that place and all have failed. Remember the first three rules of starting a business...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. All that location has going for it is cheap rent.

We are talking about the mother of all bad locations when we speak of Rio. I knew the guys who built it and I've known most of the 20 or so operators who have tried to make a go of that place and all have failed. Remember the first three rules of starting a business...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. All that location has going for it is cheap rent.

Isn't this venue near Big Fish?

Are there luxury apt. buildings being built in the Miami River area?

Would a name like Pacha be enuff drag to get clubbers going?

Would good bookings attract clubbers?

Could they hire a resident DJ with appeal and that brings excitement?

Do they have $$$ ?

So many questions.:confused:

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Do they have $$$ ?

Saleen, too many questions?

I agree w/u, it sucks to study for exams in college. But this is real life in cyberspace.

Leave trance where it belongs. ;)

Originally posted by marcodavalos

Do they have $$$ ?

There is just no way to make that location work....

Horible area, horible parking, hard to find, hate to say it, but no fucking way.

Parking's a bitch over that way, it's hard to get to with all the weird one-ways and twists and turns...and the "locals" in that area either aren't into going out or they hit up the beach or downtown proper...name and good DJs alone will not bring anyone there..I've done business with the last three operators in the building, and they've all echoed the same sentiments...

I agree Shrooms.. the location is terrible. I've only been to that place once in my life.. that was like 2 odd years ago when we first met off the board. I really wasnt too thrilled with the venue. The layout sucked. The soundsystem sounded horrible.. or maybe it was b/c Padilla was playing.. You know how much I love trance :) the lighting was decent but nothing to rave about and the parking was a complete nightmare. I even saw a few cars getting towed away.. ha

Id say it's a complete failure

If it is Pacha taking over the venue, I find it hard to believe that a 30 year in operation club wouldn't consider the parking issue. Therefore:

1) Could it be that 1 or 2 parking buildings will be built?

2) Brickell is around the corner.

3) Developing that area could be in the best interest of the city.

4) Signs to ease up finding the venue are inexpensive.

5) Pacha would upgrade any sound system.

6) Can the name Pacha alone be a destination?

7) Do clubbers recognize the 2 cherries aka "brand recognition"?

8) Are PR firms in Miami that expensive?

One thing I know. Anything is possible. :idea:

Parking is a challenge for anyone, from an upstart, to a 30 year old company with experience...you can't just build a parking lot/garage :)

Brand recognition for a club? In this town? They'll need to work on it. Your average clubber wouldn't know Pacha if it hit them on the head.

And Pacha isn't going anywhere near the building, anyway. It's not in the 24 hour zone...if they set up shop down here, it's gonna be in the 24 hour area.

Anything is possible, sure, but some things are easier than others. :cool:

Originally posted by philippio

Remember when there was nothing on NE11th except a bunch of old abandoned warehouses?

Give it time.

The first club in that building opened before Space. How much time should it take? The answer to all the questions is NO WAY. It's been tried and none of the attempts have achieved the smallest bit of success.

Originally posted by pod

Parking is a challenge for anyone, from an upstart, to a 30 year old company with experience...you can't just build a parking lot/garage :)

You need a location (realtor), a permitt (city), and $$ (they have)

Originally posted by pod

Brand recognition for a club? In this town? They'll need to work on it. Your average clubber wouldn't know Pacha if it hit them on the head.

Ask for the name of 2 clubs most clubbers WORLDWIDE know and the answer is SPACE & PACHA.

This is without ANY marketing or PR.

Originally posted by pod

And Pacha isn't going anywhere near the building, anyway. It's not in the 24 hour zone...if they set up shop down here, it's gonna be in the 24 hour area.

That was my original question on this thread. Is it coming? So I was told.

Originally posted by pod

Anything is possible, sure, but some things are easier than others. :cool:

It is easier to market PACHA , SPACE or CROBAR, than lets say NV or NOCTURNAL. Lets be objective.

The first club in that building opened before Space. How much time should it take? The answer to all the questions is NO WAY. It's been tried and none of the attempts have achieved the smallest bit of success.

Wouldn't Pacha alone shake club business in Miami, which seems up for grabs with so many options? My answer is yes.

Has ANY of those failed attempts been as serious as this? My answer is NO.