Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Utopia2 reviews?

As usual, Shelter is a shitty venue. From being groped by the people searching me to the early end of the party(5am) . Utopia 2 gets a 3 on a scale of 10. It is sad when I had the most fun in the 21 and over room. The crowd was very young and the place was even that filled. I personally think the 38 dollars they charged was too way overpriced. The DJ i wanted to see (Nostrum) was cut short when playing. Illusion productions better get their game up if they wanna throw a better party. If it wasn't for my good friends at the party (despina & susai), i would have had a really shitty time. I have some regrets that I didn't check out oakie at avalon or went to arc. That's my two cents.

You should of known the party would of been wacked. Speeed Security is SHADY as hell. The $38 cover to get in was way too much regardless who was there. That should of been the first sign to stay away. Other than that the lineup was wacked. That was enough to keep me away.

This is all my opinion, and the reason I stayed away. Echostar please dont jump down my throat

Originally posted by itzbryz

As usual, Shelter is a shitty venue. From being groped by the people searching me to the early end of the party(5am) . Utopia 2 gets a 3 on a scale of 10. It is sad when I had the most fun in the 21 and over room. The crowd was very young and the place was even that filled. I personally think the 38 dollars they charged was too way overpriced. The DJ i wanted to see (Nostrum) was cut short when playing. Illusion productions better get their game up if they wanna throw a better party. If it wasn't for my good friends at the party (despina & susai), i would have had a really shitty time. I have some regrets that I didn't check out oakie at avalon or went to arc. That's my two cents.

yea security was crazzyyyy but whatever they didnt bother much.

I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! the music was sooooooo good and i love george acosta he was great....that room was banging. it felt good to just finally go out to a NY partie again since there are never any more :( it was nice to be back with the partie kidds instead of at clubs (only place with decent djs) all the time .

overally i give it an 8.9!

...OKAY for all u people complaining about the price... first of all, its not Illusion's fault. Do you think they make any money? No. they dont. It's all comparitive, its Dj's charging 8 grand to spin (eh hem...) and they booked a SOLID lineup. They need to charge 30+ to break even. the economy is coming out of a recession right now, so prices should be getting better, but if u noticed, most things are more expensive now then they used to be.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

yeah really, i only ended up meeting people id already met!

She was talking to me, bitch. jk, i had alot of shit going on that day. I wasnt even gona go till last minute. And i had to do another meetup. Sorry about that, but i am never very good at those preset meetups. I always tend to miss them.

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

yea security was crazzyyyy but whatever they didnt bother much.

I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!! the music was sooooooo good and i love george acosta he was great....that room was banging. it felt good to just finally go out to a NY partie again since there are never any more :( it was nice to be back with the partie kidds instead of at clubs (only place with decent djs) all the time .

overally i give it an 8.9!

...OKAY for all u people complaining about the price... first of all, its not Illusion's fault. Do you think they make any money? No. they dont. It's all comparitive, its Dj's charging 8 grand to spin (eh hem...) and they booked a SOLID lineup. They need to charge 30+ to break even. the economy is coming out of a recession right now, so prices should be getting better, but if u noticed, most things are more expensive now then they used to be.

i had much more fun earlier in the night. I thought acosta was way below par. Granted i am really not into Trance anymore, but Acosta was much worse than he had been in the past. And it seems that more people are upset with Shelter and its staff rather than Illusion.

Originally posted by exit24e

She was talking to me, bitch. jk, i had alot of shit going on that day. I wasnt even gona go till last minute. And i had to do another meetup. Sorry about that, but i am never very good at those preset meetups. I always tend to miss them.

I was talking to you! When we were there i was asking her where the infamous exit24 was.....lol

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I was talking to you! When we were there i was asking her where the infamous exit24 was.....lol

yeah you did ask me that.....Im surprised I even remembered that!!! I was sooo drunk!!!! I hope I didnt say anything dumb to you...

hmmm...

>>RunsToTheOtherRoomToGrabThinkingCapFromCloset<<

:blank:;)

Definatly had a good time, as for the complaints about shelter, i knew going in it wasnt a palace...lol sound was actully better in the main room than last time....

security i didnt have any problems with, taking your shoes off is nothing new and well i minded my own bus so they didnt bother me.

as for the music, got there to hear x-dream, he dropped some good tracks, defiantly going away from the more olderschool type trance he used to play, dropped a whole bunch from his new cd. I believe i heard mindcircus, and as the rush comes, Obsession, Sun is Coming, Holz Blech Plastic.

D-Fuse, didnt like him at all not my style...then somehow got saved and went into that small room to hear TONS of scot project tracks being played (horrible mixing) but it stil saved the hour, i head somebody, modem, listen to me mama and a whole shit load more.

Acosta spun for 2 hours instead of 3, saw him at transit like 2 weeks ago for FREE, and seem to have been the same set...and yeah he defiantly dosent seem to throw down those real hard songs, which i thought he normally does toward the ends of his sets...I enjoyed his set, but i wanted to hear some of that real hard dragging bass. He played Miss Loony-Superbitch...nice track, Dumonde-Atmosphere also good stuff.

Nostrum was good, played alot of new stuff, asked him to play Brillance, but got TOTALLY turned down..haha, he sayd listen to my new stuff, youll enjoy...but MAN thats your fuckin song...but in allstill good set...

I heard a little bit of skylab but was tryin to hear acostas last hour so that didnt work that well...

and what happened to Micro a no show?

The price wasnt bad at all, alot of work and talent went into the party, so I hope Illusions did good.

Overall i give the party an 8.5 which is really good considering how hard it is to find something good nowadays..thats one of the best scores this year..hah

Originally posted by whytevinyl

Definatly had a good time, as for the complaints about shelter, i knew going in it wasnt a palace...lol sound was actully better in the main room than last time....

security i didnt have any problems with, taking your shoes off is nothing new and well i minded my own bus so they didnt bother me.

as for the music, got there to hear x-dream, he dropped some good tracks, defiantly going away from the more olderschool type trance he used to play, dropped a whole bunch from his new cd. I believe i heard mindcircus, and as the rush comes, Obsession, Sun is Coming, Holz Blech Plastic.

D-Fuse, didnt like him at all not my style...then somehow got saved and went into that small room to hear TONS of scot project tracks being played (horrible mixing) but it stil saved the hour, i head somebody, modem, listen to me mama and a whole shit load more.

Acosta spun for 2 hours instead of 3, saw him at transit like 2 weeks ago for FREE, and seem to have been the same set...and yeah he defiantly dosent seem to throw down those real hard songs, which i thought he normally does toward the ends of his sets...I enjoyed his set, but i wanted to hear some of that real hard dragging bass. He played Miss Loony-Superbitch...nice track, Dumonde-Atmosphere also good stuff.

Nostrum was good, played alot of new stuff, asked him to play Brillance, but got TOTALLY turned down..haha, he sayd listen to my new stuff, youll enjoy...but MAN thats your fuckin song...but in allstill good set...

I heard a little bit of skylab but was tryin to hear acostas last hour so that didnt work that well...

and what happened to Micro a no show?

The price wasnt bad at all, alot of work and talent went into the party, so I hope Illusions did good.

Overall i give the party an 8.5 which is really good considering how hard it is to find something good nowadays..thats one of the best scores this year..hah

im so glad i finally met you! :D even though you had to tell me your CP name like 10 times for me to actually comprehend it in my DRUKEN STATE!!! :laugh:

Originally posted by whytevinyl

wtf...LOL...other that that its just my eyebrow and my ear....like im some freak or something...:laugh: :laugh: ;)

:laugh:

well...i was drunk....i thought you had more piercings....and you are VERY tall....at least thats what I remember... :laugh:

you goin to Crossover?

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

I had a lot fun...especially because I was with all my best friends :-)

...I just hate security @ Shelter...

No More Shelter for me....

Yesssss, I had a fuckin blast cuz of all of you too, but fuck no more shelter either specially not at that price and shit security.