Clubplanet Nightlife Community

how to tell your boss that you are quitting???

Guest crystalmethodny

Just be truthful and respecftul...

That's all. Its life. If they're good people, they'll appreciate it.

In fact... I may be doing the same... real soon.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

That is a tough one. Just tell him/her that you loved working here and the experience has been great but you found another job that is more challenging. You feel you can utilize your skills better there. Just emphasize that you loved working there and it is a great company. I hope it helped. Good luck sweetie.

Breann

Steve - ha! I was thinkiing of you before I even opened this thread and saw u responded lol

Originally posted by crystalmethodny:

Just be truthful and respecftul...

That's all. Its life. If they're good people, they'll appreciate it.

In fact... I may be doing the same... real soon.

------------------

This week's gigs:

Thursday Oct 12th - Velvet Lounge (Long Island)

Friday Oct 13th - Hofstra USA (Long Island) 10-2am & "Secret Room" @ Exit 3-6am

Saturday Oct 14th - Mainfloor, Tunnel (Opening for Vicious)

www.djrussreign.com

www.extremegroove.com

russreign@yahoo.com

Originally posted by reggie99:

I got this new job at a better company and I am leaving a great company.. how can I break it to them in a good way??

I'm in the same exact predicament!!! I start my new job nov. 15. I still have to figure out a way to break it to my boss & give my 2 weeks notice. And on top of that, I've only been here for 3 months, and I'm going back to my old firm!!!

cwm14.gif

I'm such a wimp! I guess were just gonna have to come right out and say it!!!

It's our careers, and they'll eventually get over it & hire someone else!!!

onward & upward my friend!!! cwm38.gif

------------------

You put me in heaven with your touch....I just wanna hold you so much....

Originally posted by reggie99:

should i write a resignation letter??

Definitely write a very professional letter of resignation stating how you are very sad to leave your current position but one has come up for more money/benefits..etc.

Dear sir:

I regret to inform you that a family emergency has required me to take a position at a competing firm that will enable me to earn enough money to finance the operations and subsequent hospital stays that my mother, father, and parents will require to survive. I would be happy to stay at your company if you could provide me with a $90,000 raise and three months of Carribean vacation time @ the company estate. If not, then go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,

XXXX

------------------

This week's gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

www.extremegroove.com

russreign@yahoo.com

Their is only one way to do it. Just like a tearing off a ban-dade, "Right Off".

He has to understand. Thats life, people move on, its nothing personal. Your making a career move in your best interest.

Theirs no loyalty these days as far as companies are concerned, every one will tell you the same thing. The quicker and more directly you do it the better you will feel about it.

You made friends their and will never forget your experiences there, but you have to take your experience-learn from them-and use it to better yourself and your career.

Its hard to do i know, especially when you have a good relationship with your co-workers.

Originally posted by russ reign:

Dear sir:

I regret to inform you that a family emergency has required me to take a position at a competing firm that will enable me to earn enough money to finance the operations and subsequent hospital stays that my mother, father, and parents will require to survive. I would be happy to stay at your company if you could provide me with a $90,000 raise and three months of Carribean vacation time @ the company estate. If not, then go fuck yourself.

Sincerely,

XXXX

Hmmmmm . .. I would leave out the fuck you part if I were you. cwm24.gif You don't want to burn any bridges . . . ALWAYS leave in good term cause you never know what might happen in the future.

BlueAngel

------------------

"The trouble with life in the fast lane is that you get to the other end in an awful hurry."

angel.gif

hey i was kidding smile.gif

------------------

This week's gigs:

www.djrussreign.com

www.extremegroove.com

russreign@yahoo.com

start by pushing his monitor off his desk ... then hit him in the face witha cream pie .... scream " I QUIT" and finish him off by tellin him you've been sleeping with his wife on your way out the door ( granted its a guy ) ... nuttin feels better than quiting ! i love to quit .. I'm a quiter, or is it quitter ???

------------------

lets go jets .....

Guest crystalmethodny

Originally posted by russ reign:

Steve - ha! I was thinkiing of you before I even opened this thread and saw u responded lol

Russ,

Muhahahah!

Its happening... can you feel it?

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

"A vibe is a terrible thing to waste, finding one is as rare as gold in the Cali mountains." - Moi

Archived