Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anonymous/blocked calls...

dgmodel

Originally posted by funks0ul

private numbers, I'll answer at times, blocked #'s, I don't. Why? B/c it's freaking annoying, you block your number, i block your call.

:laugh: :laugh: i like the way u think, eventho i have my cell # on block but i do press *82 when im calling a fwend :D

my sister, she lives in miami, she has this thing called privacy director.

Privacy Director service works in conjunction with Caller ID Deluxe. When a person calls with a blocked or unknown number that won't show up on Caller ID, Privacy Director service answers the call and gives the callers the option of identifying themselves. If they refuse to identify who they are, the phone doesn't ring at the BellSouth customer's home and they are not interrupted. If the callers identify themselves, the phone rings and Privacy Director tells the customer who is calling. The customer then has the option of answering the call, ignoring the call, or sending phone solicitors a sales reject message.

Privacy Director service works in conjunction with Caller ID Deluxe. When a person calls with a blocked or unknown number that won't show up on Caller ID, Privacy Director service answers the call and gives the callers the option of identifying themselves. If they refuse to identify who they are, the phone doesn't ring at the BellSouth customer's home and they are not interrupted. If the callers identify themselves, the phone rings and Privacy Director tells the customer who is calling. The customer then has the option of answering the call, ignoring the call, or sending phone solicitors a sales reject message.

it's funny because i called verizon once and asked them y they dont have a service for cell phones where u dont accept blocked calls

Originally posted by nybeauty

it's funny because i called verizon once and asked them y they dont have a service for cell phones where u dont accept blocked calls

When I was with at&t wireless, I called up and asked if I could block a person's number, they said no, so i had to change my #.

When I was with at&t wireless, I called up and asked if I could block a person's number, they said no, so i had to change my #.

that sucks! they should have these features for cell phones just like they do on reg phones

that sucks! they should have these features for cell phones just like they do on reg phones

yeah tell me about it.. but seeing as how a lot of people are getting rid of their landlines and only using their cellphones, I think they'll start coming up with better features/services/plans, instead of making sure every phone in equipped with a camera.

yeah tell me about it.. but seeing as how a lot of people are getting rid of their landlines and only using their cellphones, I think they'll start coming up with better features/services/plans, instead of making sure every phone in equipped with a camera.

i sure hope so! i have to wait until april to get an updated phone :rolleyes:

how come? I switch phones every few months, mostly cause I tend to drop em and break them.

fking verizon! i also dropped my phone recently n they made me buy the same damn phone i had instead of buyin a new updated one!!! because of my contract, how stupid is that?! :mad:

fking verizon! i also dropped my phone recently n they made me buy the same damn phone i had instead of buyin a new updated one!!! because of my contract, how stupid is that?! :mad:

weird, you'd think they'd try to sell you a more expensive phone. :tongue:

weird, you'd think they'd try to sell you a more expensive phone. :tongue:

i know thats what i said! it just doesnt make sense to me y verizon wouldn't want more $$, weird business

bump no the insurance was up so i had to pay :(

I have a service like this, but I forgot the provider.

...that gets truly annoying if you get through and it's an answering machine...or you just have to call them right back...this usu happens with customers mind you, who have not programmed us into their system....blah...i dont like it...i answer pretty much every call...except those from apples...

i have both my landline and cell # on that telemarketer's blocked list, i also use to get these txt mssgs from them!! so fkin annoying!

lol! You used to get txt msgs from telemarketers?? I've never gotten a call on my cell from a telemarketer.. but i don't get calls from them anyways. :tongue: