Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Friday Kirk goes way back in time at Joeys

Originally posted by mkutlass

Why not have an all NEW music nite????????????????? REtro parties r getting to be like one every damn week.

give Serge a cd/demo im sure he'd be more than glad to put you on... he doesn't discrminate a single person. He'll probably even buy out the bar for you when you go to drop off the cd.

This isn't mean to sound rude at all. It's the honest truth. Talk to him.;):tongue::hat:

Why not have an all NEW music nite????????????????? REtro parties r getting to be like one every damn week.

Good idea problem is I tried it last year and it wasnt accepted the way I hoped it was going to be. I called it "2 Nu 4 The Radio" and Denny DJed it. THose musicheads loved it but all and all the average crowd didnt accept it. I have learned alot over the last couple years regarding the music scene in NJ. My discovery is most people dont give a shit. My nights at the SURF CLUB I realized we did better numbers with the Boris / Jason Ojedas then I did with Superchumbo/ Hector Romero / Tim Deluxe (though he never showed up). Nothing against my boys Jason and Boris but I tried to bring in talent from around the globe and it wasnt accepted by the NJ club goer. I have learned my lesson and this summer I will not take as many shots on the higher paid DJs out there. Sorry but even Joey Sr noticed the lack of difference between the NY/NJ DJ & the World Wide Talent.

Fair enuff, just some things may take alittle while to catch on (people liking new music), can't aspect it to catch rite away. I guess Joey Sr. wants steady #'s, instead of taking some chances, makes sense it's a business. Well I guess i'll see how the new sound system sounds this fri., that's a step in the right direction.

Originally posted by stigeleiro

Good idea problem is I tried it last year and it wasnt accepted the way I hoped it was going to be. I called it "2 Nu 4 The Radio" and Denny DJed it. THose musicheads loved it but all and all the average crowd didnt accept it. I have learned alot over the last couple years regarding the music scene in NJ. My discovery is most people dont give a shit. My nights at the SURF CLUB I realized we did better numbers with the Boris / Jason Ojedas then I did with Superchumbo/ Hector Romero / Tim Deluxe (though he never showed up). Nothing against my boys Jason and Boris but I tried to bring in talent from around the globe and it wasnt accepted by the NJ club goer. I have learned my lesson and this summer I will not take as many shots on the higher paid DJs out there. Sorry but even Joey Sr noticed the lack of difference between the NY/NJ DJ & the World Wide Talent.

PETERS.........WILL SEE HIM?

Not Being a Wiseass just want to know if you have ever been to Deko On sat night to Hear Richie Santana on a regular night.

Doesnt play old shit and doesnt play commercial "Cheese"

Give it a shot if you havent already. Def a musically oriented party.

Deko is about 1 hr. 1/2 from me.........Sucks and closing at 2am also sucks................Judging by the pics taken at Deko, we guys r doing something rite..................

Im goin to be recording a night in the near future. all new stuff. Ill make sure you get a copy. Then you can be the judge of if new music is played in jersey.

Originally posted by stigeleiro

This Friday night come listen to Mr. Retro Kirk Lopez as he brings you back from '98 - '02. Who better to listen to the classics but from the guy that has been djing the longest. Also, here is the first chance for everyone to come listen to the new SOUND at Joeys.

I heard Lopez mite drop a few trax from his days of DJing at Key-Largo and Tradewinds ;):D:cool:

Hey justin, how was Thursday nite at joey's, i'm alittle late, I know it was like a couple of weeks ago? Did u kill the people with hard beats. LOL

played harder than usual, alot alot alot of hard progressive, just a few vocals, alot of calderone / angelo kortez stuff / ralphi rosario stuff, i tried to keep it borderline familiar/progressive... closed with ELEMENTS! :)

nice.........where u playing next???????????

Diva Lounge this Friday... which is a room that i love cause its real small, cute, and intimite playin form 11:30 till close

I had 3 offers for NYE, but I am deciding to go with Taste becuase they were so nice to me and my gf thanksgiving eve, and the room again is small, cute and intimate, and they had no problem letting me play what i wanted.

I have a few afterhour parties in the city im working out confirmations right now ;)

pm me