Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Official Crobar Announcement

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 530west28

Just come dressed to party.

The word we like to use is "Stylin!" Not so much about what you wear but how you wear it.

Gilbert just shouted out that all people MUST wear Black Tie and nothing else (Joke!)

tell gilbert..I liked when he was at "BLUE" in Miami....

he's movin back into the limelite, huh....

Originally posted by joevibe

they arent using outside promters... and there website is very halfassed right now.. so the only media ..the only one that can answer questions is 530W....

great marketing....:confused:

Thank you Joe for all your positive comments.:(

FYI we are using several "OUTSIDE" promoters.

So sorry about our "half assed" website too

Thank you Joe for all your positive comments.:(

FYI we are using several "OUTSIDE" promoters.

So sorry about our "half assed" website too

sorry if my cynisism (sp) offends you.

Just think you guys could be a lot more proffessional in certain aspects of your approach.

don't be soo sour....

not a good way to promote a club.

I do wish you guys the best on your opening...

nice to have a new venue.

Originally posted by MailingLiz

Considering that Crobar is the first club in New York to be built from the ground up in what, over 10 years now??? we can give the owners a little leaway on a half assed website. It isn't the website that is going to bring clubs back to New York....

if they didn't have CP..they wouldn't have any marketing.. so thank god for websites..

A club doesn't just open up and function solely on the advertisements of message boards. Clubplanet isn't the end-all of club promotions and marketing. There are people that have been sitting in the offices at 530 W 28th Street for months on end, 120 hour weeks making it happen, losing their hair and developing ulcers. Clubs of this magnetude don't just sprout up overnight, web marketing is only a small factor in the equation.

Originally posted by oldschoolny

do you really think CROBAR needs to advertise their name alone will pack it out for awhile.

People are talking there is a buzz they don't need this board or any website to advertise.

I am not here to argue..Crobar wil be a success when it opens..I am not doubting that....

I don't mean to put the club down in any way or the true people behind it. they are investing a lot in what they believe it. can't put anyone down for that....

yes, there is a shit load of work going into this, no doubt.. and I hope it is successful enough that they actually turn a profit....

my message was not to you the "consumer" but to 530.

I am trying to understand their marketing strategies..God knows I am only feeding the beast by this thread....

that is the irony of it all.

more hype..more buzz.....more intrigue.

4am!!!!!!!!!! thats weak as hell, club that size can be packed till 9 in the morning with out a prob......4am is when things just get going.....looks like arc will make out on this then most people at 4 am are just getting ready to get going..........man this is bad news....totally blew my hopes right out the window.......already not looking foward to this.Im sorry if this is so negative but we need a good afterhours place theres like none left anymore.....thank god for arc

Originally posted by sandman1130

4am!!!!!!!!!! thats weak as hell, club that size can be packed till 9 in the morning with out a prob......4am is when things just get going.....looks like arc will make out on this then most people at 4 am are just getting ready to get going..........man this is bad news....totally blew my hopes right out the window.......already not looking foward to this.Im sorry if this is so negative but we need a good afterhours place theres like none left anymore.....thank god for arc

In our opening post we stated the opening times were 10pm till ???. At this time and until the New Year we are stating that we finish at 4am but that may change, who knows till we open whats going to happen.

if they didn't have CP..they wouldn't have any marketing.. so thank god for websites..

Wow! Sorry Joe but you obviously have no clue what a very hard and dedicated team of people have been doing for over 2 year's now.

Trust me, the message boards are less than 5% of the marketing strategy we adopted.

However we felt that it was very important to have a clear presence on the message boards.

To have a voice that comes directly from the club itself. Thats what my job has been to do.

We spent a lot of time on this and other boards (some belonging to clubs themselves) studying the types of comments and the types of responses.

We were very surprised to find that in many cases, the clubs themselves NEVER responded.

After speaking to friends from other clubs, a few people felt the need NOT to respond as it was only a small amount of people that post.

Our reply was that rather than target the posters, we should be targetting the lurkers. The people that read but never post.

I don't mean to put the club down in any way or the true people behind it. they are investing a lot in what they believe it. can't put anyone down for that....

my message was not to you the "consumer" but to 530.

I am trying to understand their marketing strategies..God knows I am only feeding the beast by this thread....

that is the irony of it all.

more hype..more buzz.....more intrigue.

But put us down and criticize is exactly what you HAVE done Joe.

If you want to know what our strategies are, then why not just ASK US without the negative comments?

You made several posts saying how bad we were doing things, Then you PM me to ask me to pass on messages to 2 directors of the club requesting to get on the guest list for Thursday Night???

Your approach seems a little ODD!

Nobody is saying we have done things perfectly from the get go nor are we going to make more mistakes as we go along, but if you only knew what has gone into the opening of this venue you might have a different opinion.

I have seen this thing grow from the ground up (literally).

2 years ago I walked into a huge and very empty manufacturing warehouse with NOTHING in it but my collegue sitting on a pile of cold concrete steps shivering.

He said to me "This is going to be the new Crobar" to which I responded "Yeah Right" To be honest I didn't believe him.

I thought there is no way this is going to get through all the RED TAPE of licenses, community boards, the Mayor's office, the economy etc etc.

Just yesterday I stood on the balcony of the main room in total AWE! of what has been achieved and it's nothing short of a miracle. You can knock it all you like but to those involved, we know what a MAMMOTH achievement this has been

This week is the end of a long and hard journey and the beginning of a new one.

I can only say that before you shoot it down so quickly, give it a chance and bear in mind what it has taken to build a BRAND NEW SPACE from the ground up. Something that has not happened in New York for over 10 years.

Sorry for ther ramble !!

OMG SHUT THE F**K UP AND DANCE!!!!!!!!

99.9 % of the CITY doesn't even know what the hell the place looks like. Kenny & Cal have been doing this for years. I will give them the benefit of the doubt!

This is a test run. I bet there will be lots of changes within the next couple months getting out any kinks there may be. But to be so extremely harsh and negative to 530 is BS.

I am going Thursday to the preview to have a drink, be with friends and wish good luck on a venue that has a lot of potential. I advise people do the same on Friday and Saturday.

Don't knock it till you tried it! :idea:

well, look at it this way~~

Crobar to the club kids is like seeing a wrapped gift in front of them for the past couple of months.....and they haven't had a chance to unwrap it and see what is inside....so, the keep shaking the box out of frustration??? Even if they may damage some of the merchandise....the gift giver is saying you can't open it just yet.

Even as adults, we can act like children.................:laugh:

This is really a less than stellar lineup. You would think with all the time you had to think about this you could put something just a tad more interesting together. Sounds like a lot of nonsense going on and it feels as though you are looking for the 18+ crowd. No razzle, no dazzle, no style, nothing remotely new or hip. Come on guys..... I thought you had the best minds in the business there. You are trying so hard to pleeze everyone you are appealing to no one.

Everyone is so fixated on who the freegin DJ is, when it really doesnt matter. As long as the music is good, I don't care. Since Twilo closed , the reason why people go to the clubs where the best DJs are is because basically the clubs themselves suck and the only thing getting you there is the DJ. For the first time in years a club has the ability to bring the most amazing aspects of all club culture into NY. Art, design fashion, music (and one siiick phazon system!) all in one roof. For this club, it's not just about the DJ anymore and I can totally respect that. It's about the party and the DJ is the host, not the promoter. I'm glad they haven't announced who is DJing and who is resident. I'm going regardless and I'll pass judgement AFTER I SEE AND HEAR FOR MYSELF.

We were very surprised to find that in many cases, the clubs themselves NEVER responded.

you have just stated my gripe...

I posted banners up for you guys for 4 months... no charge, being nice and to welcome you to NYC..

I was the first guy to post abanner for you in NYC...a banner given to me by you/ the club.

even did an interview with VC to help support you...

but my phone calls were not returned in a proffessional and timely manner, nor was I given any respect from any of you.

It's no doubt other venues didn't return your calls...

you didn't return mine.

and as far as asking for a list...??!!! not to get on one.. to do a list for you....

and you said in a PM..your director didn't know who I was..paleeze.. he had his assitant call me to post his events at his other venue... (slim's)

I also wanted to come and take pics for my site.. show another 100,000 people Crobar.... help you out even more..and thats what pisses me off the most about this...

I was giving you a hand..spreading the love ..spreading the vibe...and got nothing back.

I call it pure arrogance on your part not to help the people that were/ are trying to help you.... for nothing..other than sharing the experience and smiling..

shit..I gave you guys $2000 in free advertsing..cause I'm a nice guy.

so I pulled the banner as I got fed up with you/your staff..your arrogance...and now..I even still have your opening listed..just because I am that nice of a guy...and I hope we will get past this bump.

so yes..I am bitter at you ..at the venue..for giving a cold shoulder to a vibe you are trying to build.

Ironic isn't it....

so if that doesn't sum it up... I don't know what will.