Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you loose something in a cab....

there is a number you can call. maybe the tl&c or the nyc taxi commission or something.

by law drivers are supposed to drop it off to a "lost and found" but in reality, you're pretty much s.o.l. since if the driver doesn't see it the next passenger getting in will snag it.

unfortunately i don't know what the number is.

i actually lost my wallet with about 1300 cash in it about 8 yrs ago (b/f i was set up with direct deposit) and the woman who got in the cab after me found it, looked up my number and called me to tell me she had it.

got it back with evey last dollar in it.

i tried to give her money but she woulnd't take it. so i sent her a large arrangement of flowers.

what a saint!!

you never know you may get lucky.

Originally posted by bionic

there is a number you can call. maybe the tl&c or the nyc taxi commission or something.

by law drivers are supposed to drop it off to a "lost and found" but in reality, you're pretty much s.o.l. since if the driver doesn't see it the next passenger getting in will snag it.

unfortunately i don't know what the number is.

i actually lost my wallet with about 1300 cash in it about 8 yrs ago (b/f i was set up with direct deposit) and the woman who got in the cab after me found it, looked up my number and called me to tell me she had it.

got it back with evey last dollar in it.

i tried to give her money but she woulnd't take it. so i sent her a large arrangement of flowers.

what a saint!!

you never know you may get lucky.

My g/f lost her wallet in a cab, got it in the mail the next week with everything in it... the person looked at the license and mailed it back... amazing how that happens.

Toooooo funny!

I lost my fuckin cell phone on SUNDAY morning when I got out of the cab to go into Factory. I saw some cracked-out Asian trannies getting into it.....when I realized what I had done minutes later, I called and called the phone and someone turned it off!

I don't know what to do.....I keep trying it but it's still turned off, I don't know if they or the cab driver has it. They haven't even been using it cause I checked the minutes.

Oh well, I'm about to go get another one in a few minutes, it was a piece-of-shit Virgin mobile anyway, but I'd still like to get it back because of my phone book entries.

FUCK!!! :mad:

Like someone else suggested...call the taxi commission. Unless it is something someone has use for, it will probably end up there. Even if it's a wallet, most likely someone will take the money and toss the rest in the cab.

I found a wallet in a cab a few weeks back. The lady's number was on her dry cleaning receipt. She cabbed it to my house and gave me a bottle of wine for my trouble. Hopefully a good natured person will find whatever it is that you lost.

Originally posted by lalalandnyc13

you can call them up and say if they found it you would go down on the guy if he gave it back to you:)

:laugh:

I left a message on my voicemail saying that the person would be compensated for their troubles, but I didn't say how. Uh-oh!

Originally posted by fouroneone

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

was it your diaphragm?

Notice your the only one laughin??

PS where did you come from? Are you another band wagon jumper that decided "oh all the most hated and COOL kids on CP talk shit about this girl...let me do it so I can fit in"

GET A LIFE!!

Anywho I found the wallet, I had left it at the bar I was at and my friend called me and told me they called him and told him they had my wallet. So I got my baby back...woooo :D

Originally posted by sexxybabyd

Notice your the only one laughin??

PS where did you come from? Are you another band wagon jumper that decided "oh all the most hated and COOL kids on CP talk shit about this girl...let me do it so I can fit in"

GET A LIFE!!

Anywho I found the wallet, I had left it at the bar I was at and my friend called me and told me they called him and told him they had my wallet. So I got my baby back...woooo :D

no, i've been making fun of you for a while, just under various sn's