Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra 6?

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

We are not moving to LV. Whoever told you that doesn't know anything. Yes it will be the 6th. All we are saying for now.

Who is we? Are you a part of we? And who are you? And if you is we, and we has an intrical part of throwing ultra 6, can we hook me up with some VIP passes or something? Ill be down there, thats for damn sure!

I am not being a Bitch someone is obviously spreading false rumors about UMF.

Yes I am on the Ultra Music Festival Staff. I'll be posting more info and the lineups as they are confirmed.

YOUR NOT A BITCH.........WHAT WOULD I HAVE TO DO ABOUT GETTIN SOME PASSES THO? ....HEY, SOUNDS GHETTO, BUT AT LEAST IM ASKING, I ONLY WANT 2, ONE FOR ME AND MY GIRL..........

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

Actually, I've been wondering this for some time... What exactly is the WMC? like just a big week long of club events or are there actually conferences on music/etc? okay thanks

BOTH! thats the beauty of it. The party never stops, even in the morning. You can find a good pool party after you just got out of the after hours......WMC is the best! Yea, they have DJ seminars and DJ exhibitions, competitions, awards shows, all for the dance industry. Every club has like maybe 2 or 3 of the biggest DJ's in the world playing there every night and it's usally in the middle of Spring Break..

WMC IS FUCKING BANANAS!

i think it started off as the ultra party needing the conference to be a success, and to be actually organized. and although ultra still needs the conference's support etc, the balance of power is starting to shift in that the conference in many ways now needs ultra to be a bang. if u take away ultra that week is not the same. and if u take away the conference, that party won't be the same. :)

Thanks for your thesis Flip. WMC and Ultra are actually working together this year. Which is what the conference used to be about professionals in Electronic Dance working together to improve the scene.

interesting. very suprised that they haven't collaborated in the past, but never the less; i'm sure both sides will be better because of it. any idea on those live acts btw??

My vote for the best venue if it cannot be held @ Bayfront is Joe Robbie stadium. Was there for the game Monday night and was just imagining what could be done with the place. A massive main stage inside the stadium with the crowd filling up the field and part of the stadium. Then part of the lot could be used for the other stages and the rest could be for parking. Plenty of room, plenty of parking. The only draw back is that it is a long drive from Sobe. I certainly will not be looking forward to driving such a distance in the middle of WMC. Keeping my fingers crossed for bayfront.

OK Pod, then where? Beach is not happening. If bayfront is out there are few options. I love Ultra, and that mainstage for the past couple of years is something that is hard to recreate. If it is going to be near Sobe, the last option is the convention center..... no way. I'm interested to see what is in store this year. The venue will make or break the party for sure.

Where ever the venue is it has to definately be outdoor! Rain or Shine I don't care. I want to be in the Miami sun. I loved the Bayfront ~ the amplitheatre rocked. Also, being able to experience the different backgrounds (the beach area, the Space tent, The Radio 1, even the smaller tents along the bay, and the big water fountain misty thing etc.) to the eclectech beats was very essential and fun.

What I love most about outdoor events is the spiritual connection with mother earth, the power of the masses ~ gathering for one cause = MUSIC and DANCE. Which to me is the reflection of an ancient tribal custom. This is our expression of humanity in it's modern form and this is what it should be about! Not drugs not thugs just plain ole love for the culture. If you do party, then do it resposibily.

Also, I loved the extra touch of the local food venders. Tropical sliced mangoes and green coconuts... Only in Miami... Can't wait! Still looking for a place to stay.. Last year I stayed at the Seville, what a friggin nightmare. The AC was broke for the whole weekend, we were lucky to find a room outside near the pool and kept our doors open most of the time. It was horrible. The jacuzzi was so disgusting, I would not dare step in it. Luckily it was about 50 steps to the beach. I did get reimbursed for 1/2 of the room charges after my complaints. So it was ok. I guess.

But this year it has to be right! I am thinking of a smaller more intimate Boutique Hotel right in SOBE. How's the Blue Moon? Tudor? Or any suggestion... Must have a bar and an outdoor pool area would be nice and be able to party, till I am I ready to stop. Ya know?!?! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not going to be in a stadium, that's for sure...Ultra needs room to spread out, and a stadium will not fit the bill.

Bayfront has not been ruled out...it's unlikely, but not ruled out...

I could see a "block party" like Space did a few years ago happen...