Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D.T. NOT spinning @ SPACE for WMC....

lolahotass

AS TAKEN FROM DT'S WEBSITE (all though I got it from VIP's boards):

Well, if you haven't read prior post, the dates have now been officially announced.

The 2004 WMC starts Saturday, March 6th thru Thursday the 11th.

www.wintermusicconference.com

I have decided after 4 wonderful and successful years at Space, it's time to move on and do something "new" with different concepts. I am working on looking into various other venues "on and off" the beach, while also working alongside and hosting several other DJ's/Producer's & artist.

It's time to bring on the new, as we'll as a few Legends too!-

As you all saw the post, ads and e-mail flier's, on Saturday, October 18th, I played the party that was advertised as: "The Final Closing Party of Space" & "The man who opened it is back to close it" & to come and "Be Yourself one last time at Space." .....

Well I did it, and it was a blast. I played a 15 hour marathon set from 4AM 'til 5PM Sunday evening serving Miami - Closing Drama Theme Music at the end of the event with twisted interludes with "the Bells of Time" by: Pink Floyd, and did a medley with everything from Michael Jackson's "Never can say good-bye" to Frank Sinatra's (I did it) "MY WAY" (reversing, looping and stretching ol' Blue Eyes) freaking out the die hard crowd, then of course twisting it into Miss Kitten's song: "Frank Sinatra" --->

While still not being able to stop, as the people still wanted more! Of course this is when I get my wittiest, as naturally, I am starting to get exhausted and now we are down to about 100 people. So, I'm having a blast, doing shows and carrying on as usual with the disco balls and talking to the people. Even the people I don't know are now my friends, as we've connected all night dancing together and making eye contact.

So, I decided after playing something as melancholy and abstract as "Never can say good-bye", how else can I end this special "Closing Party" event?

So, I talked to the people a bit, we had some good laughs and I thanked them and everyone @ Space for allowing me to always Be Myself and for providing a wonderful playground for people to escape life's realities and have such a great club to do it in. You can't deny the sound is awesome and Space is a MEGA venue. So, I got a last minute idea to take request from the people that simply would not leave and I gave them 10 minutes to send up a list of request. It was a hoot!

It seems that there will sadly always be some idiots that are "off their heads" on God knows what, and on the RARE occasions that I am on the MIC "communicating" with the people and sharing the joy of music and love from the booth, there always seems to be a jerk that doesn't even understand what "everyone else IS comprehending" or what I am saying and will complain by saying: "what is he doing on the MIC"?

I assume these are the ones that are just too high and/or doped up (OR JEALOUS?) to even get it! ........

ANYHOW, the TRUE people who do "Hear Me" are all up for it! They LOVED that I was communicating with them and many started writing down their request. This was a fun idea and I was able to play about 80% of the songs. (I know you want titles..) I recall suggesting early in the night to a packed room full of dance floor enthusiast that as this would be our final party, that I planned on taking them on a musical journey reflecting my 4 years of being a semi-resident guest DJ @ Space having opened the original (and more intimate) Space in March, WMC of 2000, then the Grand opening of Space34 (right up the block) at the 2003 WMC and various other Holiday's, etc.. So, yeah, I was now looping First Choice's: "IT'S NOT OVER... IT'S NOT OVER"... Then I followed up the ending with request like: Fused, Luzon, Narcotic Thrust, Supernature, The Whistle song, and several other "feel good" tunes and did one final encore for the staff and pulled out a remix of Diana Ross' "Love Hangover" as you all know it has that (almost 3 minute) slow build up and before I played it, I said: "This Will BE It !

My final closing song @ Space and I dedicated it to the staff and jokingly renamed it "Club Hangover" then pressed PLAY!

Sooooooo, they got it all ! An opening drama, an instant rush for me to "Peak" as I started at 4AM, so I had to go right up there and within the first hour I had to pull out one of my BIG GUN, top secret weapons (at the time, and now complete) "THE VOODOO DOLL" and they took a huge white fabric sheet and pulled it over the entire crowd! It was an awesome sight

You saw everyone's hands reaching up at the sheet and the tops of peoples heads and it covered the entire room. The nitro blast was going TTSSSSSSSSSSSS it was massive! The Voodoo Doll was banging, then once again, I played yet another 14 hours there -

Club Space (as most of YOU know) has NOT closed, and is fortunately still opened for everyone to enjoy.

PLEASE, DO NOT ASK ME ANY PERSONAL QUESTIONS RE: SPACE. I AM TIRED OF THE E-MAIL'S AS I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE THERE, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS OR WAS GOING ON WITH SPACE? IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, GO TO WWW.SPACE34.COM AND ASK THERE. THERE MUST BE A CONTACT LINK?

ALSO, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...... DO NOT TURN THIS THREAD INTO A CONTROVERSIAL POST WITH FUTURE FOLLOW UPS REGARDING SPACE AND IT STILL BEING OPENED OR NOT, THE NEW NAMES FOR THE VENUE, ETC..

NEGATIVE POST WILL BE REMOVED!

THIS IS NOT THE CLUB SPACE MESSAGE BOARD.......THEY HAVE THEIR OWN (I THINK?) PLEASE, DRAMA FREE, POR FAVOR?

Of course SPACE in IBIZA is the "Original" SPACE ! .....

But that's only from June thru Sept. and you have to fly all the way to -------> SPAIN!

Space in downtown Miami is the MEGA-VENUE where you can dance to the hottest DJ's where all categories of music can be heard from Trance, House, Hip Hop and more...

"International Variety" is the flava & unlike Miami Beach, the Clubs Downtown obtain the after hour licenses.

Weekly resident DJ Ivano Bellini can now be heard downtown @ Club NV (which I've never been to, but I hear is nice and intimate). Also on the "downtown horizon" will be another super club opening very soon called "Nocturnal" WOW !!!!

Are we gonna have another NY situation in Miami with toooo many cool and new places too choose from?

FTR: I am not suggesting that people do not speak about Space Miami here, or even mention which parties they are looking forward too, and which DJ's they look forward to hearing there! I don't mind a posting of their calendar of events from the WMC, and what a great time is expected to be had... Hopefully, with all great follow ups! WE HERE just don't want it to be negative stuff, just like we don't want people here talking about the Sound Factory, Exit, Avalon etc.. unless you all had fun!

If you wanna write what a horrific time you had somewhere, or how much you didn't like a certain DJ, then YOU ALL KNOW which other MESSage boards to go to where you can READ or write that stuff........

This post is about "CHANGE & EVOLUTION!" It's inevitable. I've always embraced change of sorts and I look forward to being a part of helping change the face of Dance Music Culture and night life altogether for the better.

So, as I started this thread with letting you all know that I have now decided in 2004, it's time for something new... Well, my next post regarding "OUR" itinerary the week of the WMC will BE ------->

Look for a future post from me titled: "R E F R E S H - Y O U R S E L F" -

When you see this thread in a few weeks (or sooner) you will BE informed on what I have planned and confirmed for Miami this year. Coincidentally, my Birthday falls on Sunday, March 7th. And WE are planning a "separate" daytime event for that as well.

I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT EVERYONE GOING TO MIAMI THIS YEAR RESPECTS AND REALIZES WHY WE ARE ALL DOWN THERE AND ATTENDS THE ACTUAL "WINTER MUSIC CONFERENCE." - REGISTER! - GET A BADGE! - SUPPORT THE CAUSE! - GO TO THE SEMINARS! - GET INVOLVED! - REALIZE THAT IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT GOING THERE AND PARTYING EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!

THAT IS NOT WHAT THE WINTER MUSIC "CONFERENCE" IS..... THE WMC IS ABOUT US GATHERING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND TO (now more than ever) PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER AND FIGURE OUT A WAY TO KEEP DANCE MUSIC, (all categories) ALIVE AND WELL AND TO HELP STOP MORE LABELS FROM CLOSING THEIR DOORS.

This year's WMC will be at the Wyndham Hotel & NOT @ the Convention Center!

Register in advance to avoid the walk up fees. I too will partake in the actual conference this year, and so should YOU!

Peace, Love & Happy Holiday's,

...dt...

Ahhhhhhhh, that was ------------------> REFRESHING !

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

if anyone on here posts on there, since i'm banned from there, and i never even posted one word, please post that I said that DT is a crying baby who tried to back out of the closing party with space after reading my review....

hes got an ego and is truely not in the class of djs such as morillo...

Ego????

Fuck, the man loves the music and it always comes first with him. He loves to spin, passes his energy to the crowd and works a crowd like he is a pupet master controling your strings.

how could you possibly care about anything else?

BTW I have been a good boy all year, santa (or dade) all I want for x-mas is to hear DT at nocturnal for WMC?

.. I think this is a great post. DT is truly an icon, and he gets nothing but my absolute respect. I didnt go to this 'closing' party, but I always try to catch his legendary space sets (for as long as i can take it lol) but this time around i was just not feeling/ buying the whole closing drama.

After reading this, and hearing from friends, I think he truly delivered a closing statement that morning; as the man who opened the place, and just as any other person who ever enjoyed it....

As we all knew, or suspected, saw it coming or whatever, Space34 not only didnt close, but it brought the 'old' Space name back and bla bla bla.. shady drama.. :blah: bla..

I think its great that it remains open and certainly hope it keeps bringin it, but as far as danny T... looks like his 'space' chapter is def. CLOSED...

After so many times, i am now more than ready for anything on wmc this year that feels Refreshing!

peace!

mp3.-:smoke:

I love the "hate on danny posts"

He is the #1 DJ in the world. No1 can play the cream of the crop of all genre's like he does.

and even if he sucked or you don't like his style, etc.

He tells it like it is.. and if you get offended your prob the same idiot that fucks up the party to begin w/ .

Originally posted by Bling

no biggie DT aint that big of a deal

I would say it is a big deal. I went to the first party @ the original space and that shit was off the hook. I wouldn't mind another WMC set from DT. I just think a more "intimate" venue would be great as DT suggests. The old space seemed more intimate. But who would stay open as late as Space34 or whatever it's called now???

:laugh:

Originally posted by djrx06

I would say it is a big deal. I went to the first party @ the original space and that shit was off the hook. I wouldn't mind another WMC set from DT. I just think a more "intimate" venue would be great as DT suggests. The old space seemed more intimate. But who would stay open as late as Space34 or whatever it's called now???

:laugh:

:aright:

Downtown Miami stays open late (if the venue has the proper liquor license) and I think the beach gets to stay open till 7am during wmc...

I miss the old Space:( I liked it a lot more than the new Space.

Guest saleen351

DO NOT BLAME SPACE FOR ANY OF THIS... DT CALLED SPACE, SPACE NEVER EVER CALLED DT FOR THE CLOSEING PARTY. DT WANTED TO BE THE MAN AND CLOSE OUT SPACE SO HE CAN STROKE HIS EGO... THEN HE GETS PISSED OFF WITH ALL THE CLOSEING STUFF... BLA BLA BLA..

MORILLO IS A FAR BETTER DJ AND JP CAN PACK ANY VENUE WITH EASE JUST LIKE TIESTO AND DT DURING THE WMC...

Originally posted by saleen351

DO NOT BLAME SPACE FOR ANY OF THIS... DT CALLED SPACE, SPACE NEVER EVER CALLED DT FOR THE CLOSEING PARTY. DT WANTED TO BE THE MAN AND CLOSE OUT SPACE SO HE CAN STROKE HIS EGO... THEN HE GETS PISSED OFF WITH ALL THE CLOSEING STUFF... BLA BLA BLA..

MORILLO IS A FAR BETTER DJ AND JP CAN PACK ANY VENUE WITH EASE JUST LIKE TIESTO AND DT DURING THE WMC...

Morillo is a great DJ . . .

DT has every right to bitch . . . just as WE ALL DO for Space's greed . . .

DT will have his old venue back just in time for WMC 2004 . . .

I out scooped you on this one all might one!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by sobe2003

Morillo is a great DJ . . .

DT has every right to bitch . . . just as WE ALL DO for Space's greed . . .

DT will have his old venue back just in time for WMC 2004 . . .

I out scooped you on this one all might one!

dude, the crocar thing ain't gonna happend, their projected date is bullshit.... <<< yes i know what it is, however i never posted it, becasue it's all bullshit....

second off it's not spaces greed, DT keeps the door when he plays space, thus the higher cover charges..

dude, the crocar thing ain't gonna happend, their projected date is bullshit.... <<< yes i know what it is, however i never posted it, becasue it's all bullshit....

second off it's not spaces greed, DT keeps the door when he plays space, thus the higher cover charges..

1) my sources say otherwise (i.e. the concrete has been removed)

2) we all know that DT keeps the door - BUT Space's greed is evident.

yeah and you SURELY dont get comped for DT's events...do you? :eek: