Clubplanet Nightlife Community

D.T. NOT spinning @ SPACE for WMC....

lolahotass

:blah: :blah: DT whines to f*cking much.yeah he is a great DJ, and so he has had some issues with space. DT obviously doesn’t need Space, any more and surely Space can survive without DT.

sure DT and his Parties during WMC, at space have been the highlight of WMC. however there are other qualified DJ’s; who can easily fill the bill. change is always good. it keeps things fresh!

;)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by norahmiami

sneaking thru the back door doesnt count as comped .....

hog was with me, we cut the line and walked right threw.... i was on a special list...

I think Danny is definitely doing the righht thing by drawing an end to his Space chapter. It is time to move on and luckily, being one of the world's most respected dj's, he has realized this. All those who say he is a "drama queen" and "full of himself" and all that ego stuff, you're right but in a way, it's what got him where he is. It's all a part of DT. It's Danny being himself!!! I didn't go to Score when he played right after Space but it wasn't at all a mystery that his set was much much better than the one at Space. I, for one, welcome a change and would definitely go to any venue where he'll be playing during WMC'04. In my opinion, he's the only "big name" dj who is still practicing his craft for the love of music. So in the words of Paul Oakenfuck, lets give it up for "the dj's dj.":D :hat:

For someone who used to drive from Middletown, CT to Hubert St. religiously every friday, DT was not only a salvation from the boredom of a state like Connecticut, but his sets were just always really danceable and just plain old fun!!! Vinyl was, and in my mind, will always be the best nightclub in the world because it followed the simplest formula: a black room with a great sound system and a formidable light arrangement that centered on dancing and nothing else. If you weren't dancing, you were in the back room because, for the most part, there was no place to sit in the main room. There was no hype, no dress code, the place didn't even sell alcohol! Granted, I was one of the few who went in there sober and stayed clean all night, I can honestly say, those fridays are still unparalleled by anything here in Miami. The huge bowls of fresh fruit and champagne at Arc's NYE parties, DT's B-Day party with the Elvis Presley impersonator and the huge birthday cake, the filming of Maestro, baby-Hewie in his wifebeater and underwear tangled in his glowsticks, the guy who always came dressed as a wizard and even DT singling out some dumbfuck who lit a cigarette in the middle of the dancefloor when the smoking ban was introduced. It was what clubbing was about. NYC nightlife has a very long history and has matured very well to the point where New Yorkers go out every night of the week. Miami, on the other hand, will have to wait eons to catch up to where NYC is now. But I won't get into that here. My point is that each of those fridays was different. It was an experience on its own but you felt like you were a part of something. Just like Body & Soul. I never felt that when I went out in Miami before I moved to CT and I definitely do not feel it now.

It's a point that's been made over and over again on here...every NYC ---> Miami transplant tells us locals how much better NYC is!

And I wouldn't say Miami is eons behind, I'd say it's off in it's own direction. If you want NYC, go there, let Miami do it's own thing.

Originally posted by philippio

For someone who used to drive from Middletown, CT to Hubert St. religiously every friday, DT was not only a salvation from the boredom of a state like Connecticut, but his sets were just always really danceable and just plain old fun!!! Vinyl was, and in my mind, will always be the best nightclub in the world because it followed the simplest formula: a black room with a great sound system and a formidable light arrangement that centered on dancing and nothing else. If you weren't dancing, you were in the back room because, for the most part, there was no place to sit in the main room. There was no hype, no dress code, the place didn't even sell alcohol! Granted, I was one of the few who went in there sober and stayed clean all night, I can honestly say, those fridays are still unparalleled by anything here in Miami. The huge bowls of fresh fruit and champagne at Arc's NYE parties, DT's B-Day party with the Elvis Presley impersonator and the huge birthday cake, the filming of Maestro, baby-Hewie in his wifebeater and underwear tangled in his glowsticks, the guy who always came dressed as a wizard and even DT singling out some dumbfuck who lit a cigarette in the middle of the dancefloor when the smoking ban was introduced. It was what clubbing was about. NYC nightlife has a very long history and has matured very well to the point where New Yorkers go out every night of the week. Miami, on the other hand, will have to wait eons to catch up to where NYC is now. But I won't get into that here. My point is that each of those fridays was different. It was an experience on its own but you felt like you were a part of something. Just like Body & Soul. I never felt that when I went out in Miami before I moved to CT and I definitely do not feel it now.

true dat.. i can relate to many things here...

u have a couple of good points..

bottom line is.. if u truly live by the 'be yourself' philosophy, the only one happy 100% of the time is you. Someone will always have an issue, and many just wont get it...

what i do is i have 2 philosophies that go great together.. 'Be yourself', and 'Live and Let Live'.

oh and one more thing.. Miami is Miami, and NY is NY...

nuff sed.

.- :smoke:

Well, the reason why people in Miami don't understand club culture is partly due to the club-owners and promoters who are constantly looking for ways to outperform each other. This competition only serves as a downfall and in the end it contributes very destructively to a scene (especially one that is in desperate need of resurrection). Miami's formula of the uber-VIP and all that bottle service crap and extra special treatment for the privileged few that pull up to the venue in their Azure or their lifestyle of L.A. Granted, a club-owner is out to make money but all these perks cater to a crowd that composes only about 1 or 2% of Miami's clubbing populace. The rest of us just want to have fun. And my idea of fun is not going to a club like Space, being treated like I'm one amongst a herd of 3,000 cattle (i.e. the way American Airlines treats its passengers) crammed on a dancefloor with no space to dance. So cut the special guestlist crap. Anyone who goes to enjoy music and be with friends will not object to paying a cover. I certainly don't. If everyone paid cover, the cover wouldn't be so high. The second severe limitation to Miami's clubscene is this total fixation with "progressive house." Progressive house was progressing 5 years ago when Miami was stuck on trance. Both of those are now stagnant but since Miami Murcielago or their Modena should be left to the materialistic is in a permanent lag behind the rest of the world, and its population is under the impression that anything euro-blah is cool, the city is still fascinated with both prog and trance. This narrow mindedness completely ignores techno and house which originated in your very own country and factually have been around much longer than trance or any other subgenre of electronica. But then you have dj's like Jon Cowan and Edgar V. and George Acosta and a whole bunch of others who think that they are doing Miami a favor by exposing its population to this total crap that belongs in dumpsters in some alley behind Space. Meanwhile, a whole bunch of real talent (still undiscovered for the most part) lies below the surface and many of us who have heard CP dj's spin have accepted this and readily admit it. MAybe house and techno aren't gonna grow on everyone because they aren't the "trendy" thing to play but if you rely on those 2 subgenres, you're guarranteed never to go out of style! I'm not pulling this crap out of my ass. Look at successful dj's who have been playing house and techno since its inception. MAW, Marques Wyatt, Mark Grant, Mark Farina, Tedd Patterson, Tony Humphries, Francois K., John Acquaviva, Carl Cox, Sven Vath, etc. They are still the stalwarts of the scene. Most dj's come and go faster than you can say velveeta but true talent sticks. That's a fact, it's not arguable. Until Miami realizes what is truly plagueing its clubscene, it will continue to trod in a puddle of corrupt club management, musically uninformed clubbers and a barrage of "see-and-be-seen" trendies who go out cause it's cool to show up at Opium or at Tantra or wherever cause tonight, it's the in-place to go!

Miami is VIP oriented, for sure...and I'll totally agree that most clubs put an emphasis on a service which befits a small slice of the populace...I've always felt that some clubs could totally ditch their VIP sections, and actually benefit from it.

As for the cover thing, well, there's ways around any loss at the door, most people I know who get in for free tend to make it up in drinks anyway...or the club charges conversely higher...either way, you're paying, ya know?