Candyland 8

meng

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by pod

I can do the math :laugh:

Doesn't mean the name is good though...maybe it's just me, but in this day and age I'd be careful with a name like that.

so change the name because it says "candy"?....c'mon....who cares?....sure the name Candyland was much more attractive back then but I really don't think they need to change the name just cuz the times have changed.....the Candyland parties always draw a crowd anyway.

I think that party is incentivating the use of drugs for the peeps under 21. Those people don't deserve to dance until they are 21. Have you heard of the Rave Act and how much jeopardy you are putting on the grown-ups organizing parties at clubs? Lemme guess. How old are you, 26?

Because of parties like this we are all in danger. And we shouldn't. Fuck those peeps rights. The promoters will be liable if anything goes wrong at the party for implying the use of "candy".

Originally posted by phrankadelic

sean, by any chance, is cam a buddy of yours?

indeed....That would be the notorious John Camacho...bass player extraordinaire for the band REZIN8; ex-bass player of my first band, the Holy Frijolees; and part-time hip-hop dj like DBJ.

He's one of my best friends. Do you know him?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by marcodavalos

I think that party is incentivating the use of drugs for the peeps under 21. Those people don't deserve to dance until they are 21. Have you heard of the Rave Act and how much jeopardy you are putting on the grown-ups organizing parties at clubs? Lemme guess. How old are you, 26?

Because of parties like this we are all in danger. And we shouldn't. Fuck those peeps rights. The promoters will be liable if anything goes wrong at the party for implying the use of "candy".

:rolleyes:

Marco, I luv ya......:laugh:

Originally posted by meng

indeed....That would be the notorious John Camacho...bass player extraordinaire for the band REZIN8; ex-bass player of my first band, the Holy Frijolees; and part-time hip-hop dj like DBJ.

He's one of my best friends. Do you know him?

well remember the deckjunkie party we did at rain? while i was spinning, i had one of dj cam's vinyl's playing and i remember him freaking out that there was actually another dj cam out there. he had no idea. he said he was going to change the name...

guess he didn't.

Originally posted by pod

I play the side of caution nowadays...even back in the day I'd object, the name in my opinion is opposite of the sound...I'd call it' evildrumnbassparty 8 or something :)

hey how about the breakbeats?

Originally posted by phrankadelic

well remember the deckjunkie party we did at rain? while i was spinning, i had one of dj cam's vinyl's playing and i remember him freaking out that there was actually another dj cam out there. he had no idea. he said he was going to change the name...

guess he didn't.

I love John but he's a fucking burnout. I'll call him now and remind him of that. :laugh: