Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hard House.........

lolahotass

Originally posted by rafaelmendez

Psycho Bitch and Terri Bristol nuff said.

I walked into Crobar Chicago a few weeks ago at 2 am on Saturday night and Terri Bristol was banging out Hard House at about 145 beats per minute. The place was completely packed and going off. She mixed in some breaks and kept the place in a frenzy until closing time. While it's not my personal favorite, (a little to fast and aggressive), you can't deny the results she was getting. Every club should have the vibe and energy that they had that night.

Originally posted by ogmiami

I walked into Crobar Chicago a few weeks ago at 2 am on Saturday night and Terri Bristol was banging out Hard House at about 145 beats per minute. The place was completely packed and going off. She mixed in some breaks and kept the place in a frenzy until closing time. While it's not my personal favorite, (a little to fast and aggressive), you can't deny the results she was getting. Every club should have the vibe and energy that they had that night.

Teri and Psycho bitch have had a big following ever since I could remember.....I agree not my preference too much either, but everytime I seen them they always had the place packed and jumpin'.

The funny thing about most of the people on the board who know who Psycho Bitch & Teri Bristol are, is that they're the folks who usually diss George Acosta. That same exact sound Acosta was known for up till last year, that is mainly what Psycho Bitch and Teri play - Hard Trance/Hard Dance. Remember records like "Cocaine" and "Overdrive"? That's the type of "Hard House" that Psycho Bitch and Teri are known for (unless they've changed it up recently). Not exactly what I'd call Chicago Hard House. They play a bit of real Chicago stuff like Green Velvet, but most of their tunes are what Saleen calls "Euro Trash".

UK Hardhouse = Lisa Pin Up, Lisa Lashes, Tidy Boys, Nick Sentience, old Fergie records, Tony De Vit, BK, Rob Tissera, Anne Savage, Charlotte Birch, part of what Eddie Halliwell plays, etc.

Psycho Bitch & Teri Bristol are more likely to play DJ Dean, Scot Project, Dirt Devils, Kai Tracid, DJ wag, Cosmic Gate, etc. You'll hear a lot of German Hard Trance, some Hardstyle, a bit of Tech ala Picotto, Benni Benassi, and a bit of Chicago's party House sound ala DJ Flex, and CZR.

Originally posted by CHRles

UK Hardhouse = Lisa Pin Up, Lisa Lashes, Tidy Boys, Nick Sentience, old Fergie records, Tony De Vit, BK, Rob Tissera, Anne Savage, Charlotte Birch, part of what Eddie Halliwell plays, etc.

Psycho Bitch & Teri Bristol are more likely to play DJ Dean, Scot Project, Dirt Devils, Kai Tracid, DJ wag, Cosmic Gate, etc. You'll hear a lot of German Hard Trance, some Hardstyle, a bit of Tech ala Picotto, Benni Benassi, and a bit of Chicago's party House sound ala DJ Flex, and CZR.

Right on the money brother. :aright:

Originally posted by ogmiami

Cro-Chicago will never be what is was when the hard-house sista's were there together - but it is on the road to recovery.... I was there when those two blew up the club.. it was amazing.. My visit to Crobar Chicago in 2001 was one of the best times I ever had clubbing.... I'm glad to hear Teri is keeping it going:D

I can't wait to hear her at WMC ----> I'll get to hang with all my Chicago buddies fo sheezy:eek:

Here we go again with the almighty genre discussions...

Authnetic hard house is from the UK -- not from shy town. And probably the best collection is from Nukleus (i hope i spelled it right). Yes, it is comparable to trance. In fact, most people on a packed dance floor would gravitate towards hard house because of the relentless beats. A lot of the trance that has come recently has this formula:

beat

breakdown

overwrought synth solo

overwrought drum build

blow up

outro

the only thing i don't like about hard house are the vocals. sometime they sound too high-picthed, or use utilize samples that are a little outdated or abused in various break beat tracks.

big + ... most HH djs are female :)

Originally posted by spinstar

Finally..........I will get my hard house fix - Chicago style - during WMC....

-lolahotass

maybe i misinterpreted the start.

Where in that statement does it say "Chicago invented hard house?"

Oh wait, it doesn't. It was in reference to the fact that there isn't any hard house down here and that I heard Crobar is bringing Teri down - and she spins in Chicago - hence the term Chicago style....:D

I personally could care less what city/country invented the sound.... I just look forward to hearing it again with my buds from Chi-town at WMC.:D

;)

Originally posted by spinstar

Here we go again with the almighty genre discussions...

Authnetic hard house is from the UK -- not from shy town. And probably the best collection is from Nukleus (i hope i spelled it right). Yes, it is comparable to trance. In fact, most people on a packed dance floor would gravitate towards hard house because of the relentless beats. A lot of the trance that has come recently has this formula:

beat

breakdown

overwrought synth solo

overwrought drum build

blow up

outro

the only thing i don't like about hard house are the vocals. sometime they sound too high-picthed, or use utilize samples that are a little outdated or abused in various break beat tracks.

big + ... most HH djs are female :)

I don't know if authentic hard house originated in the UK, maybe the more recognizable form of Hard House today could be labled UK hard house but a lot of the following DJs below were banging out hard house in Chicago since as far back as the 80's. It was later that specific genre labels started surfacing (i.e. UK Hard House, NYC Hard House and Chicago Hard House).

Mark V and Poogie Bear

Alex Peace

Bam Bam

Bad Boy Bill

Green Velvet

DJ Rip

Ralphie Rosario

Fast Eddie

Armando

Hyperactive

DJ Trajic

DJ Attack

Rick Garcia

Kevin Halstead

Too Kool Chris

Bobby D

Tyree Cooper

Angel Alanis

DJ Enrie

Originally posted by CHRles

yeah I just didn't know if the hardhouse you guys were talking about was the same...

I have about 1 boxfull of UK hardhouse vinyls...I like it!!! Sick energy...

Tidy trax, nukleus etc etc...haven't listened to em for a year or more though...