Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last Night At Crobar

john62

Words simply cannot describe the experience last night at the Press and Industry Opening Party at Crobar.

It is the most amazing club I have EVER experienced.

It was Studio 54 all over again. Naked people sitting on sofa.s above the floor. Punk Rock dressed girls coming down on high wires from the ceiling.

Bartenders standing on top of the bars dancing.

A guy building a dress on the stage made of paper which by the end of the night took up the whole stage area.

3 rooms all packed to the brim with happy happy faces.

The place was packed beyond belief and I estimated over 6000 people.

The lines were so thick to get in the club that the Police had to shut off both ends of the street.

The lines were from 26 street all the way to 28 street.

Celebrities up the wazoo.

Denzel Washington, P Diddy, J Lo, Beyonce etc etc.

To say that Crobar is what every other club can only strive to be, is a real understatement.

Crobar was exactly what New York needed and I'm sorry but you can forget EVERY other club in New York from this point on.

CROBAR was like nothing I have ever witnessed.

It was a whole show from beginning to end with so much to see at every minute.

Now lets talk about the SOUND SYSTEM. Forget it the system took the fuckin roof off with it's power and feel.

the music was amazing courtesy of Frankie Knuckles.

at times the lound hissing of the CO2 cannons went off and in 5 seconds the room was completly drenched in thick white and very cold air.

The lights at this point made the whole experience unbelievable.

In short my advise is dont miss going to Crobar.

It is what all the other clubs wish they were.

If you are going to the grand opening tonight mysuggestion is to get there early if you want any hope of getting in.

Congratulations CROBAR. you lived up to the hype and surpassed it by miles.

Originally posted by pk1

Great review.

Crobar already has a great track record in Chicago and Florida, so its great to see it come to NYC. Does anyone know who the resident dj's are?

I heard Victor Calderone is gonna be resident there on Sat & Stretch Armstrong and a few other djs are gonna do a hip hop and house on Fridays.

Victor Soto

Guest saleen351

i have a feeling Crobar 24 will be the best crobar in America... Projected opening date is march 6 but i doubt it will be ready...

yo, club is pretty good. The best room to me is the V.I.P. room although they are very selective so far. Music is great. Stretch & Dj Riz play hip hop, rock, reggae, 80's house, everything under the sun. Great Vibe !. House music room is bumpin. Scumfrog was nasty. looking foward to Vic. Overall, I really enjoyed it.